October 2016 Moms

All Things Halloween

Costumes? Parties? Trick or Treating?
Share your Plans for (most of our LO's) 2nd Halloweens !

Image result for 1 year old halloween costumes
Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: All Things Halloween

• brzvicebrzvice member
    edited October 2017
  • As much as I LOVE the Oompa Loompa costume above I will be dressing V this year in a hand me down costume from her big cousin this year. She will be a sweet lamb. We are attending my work party at a retirement home (that I plan and orchestrate) and may "trick or treat" to our neighbors and families homes. Here a a pic of the costume VIA party city that V will be wearing]

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We aren't doing much since she really can't go trick or treating quite yet and I won't get home until 5:30 on Halloween. At first I was planning on a panda costume but because of the above, I'm not sure I want to waste such a cute costume on a time that we aren't going to be doing anything. Her grandfather bought her a Halloween cat dress from carters so maybe I'll just put her in that. Decisions, decisions. I do want to take her to a pumpkin patch. 
  • I'm starting to get more excited about Halloween. I did end up ordering the panda costume. My mom is in town from MD for Storm's birthday. I think we'll do a pumpkin patch this weekend and she can wear her Halloween dress then. 

• Baby halloween costumes are so cute. I had to control myself and not buy any when we were in america because realistically halloween isn't a thing here. if I find one cheap at the second hand market I might buy it anyway but it will be for any occasion. haha
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Jimmy is on picture strike. He turns away when I want one of both of them... But there is happy Johnny! I mean Batman :)
  • Awww so cute @AllyTheKid.  Johnny wants to hold Jimmy's hand. Is Johnny more outgoing while Jimmy is more shy?
  • @Ladybug2821 YES. Johnny is just a beaming social butterfly, and Jimmy does not care for strangers, or crowds one bit. Johnny has actually been helping him come out of his shell some though!
  • Fun at the pumpkin patch!

• @Ladybug2821 you guys are too cute <3 here's my pumpkin in the patch a week ago on a crazy warm day for October in Michigan

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Awww love it @brzvice. We got lucky and a "cold" front came through. It was cool enough for her to wear the long sleeves which I was happy about because I was determined for her to wear that dress. 
  • @Ladybug2821 love S's shoes are they easy to get on and off and do they stay on her feet good?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice They are easy to put on and the Velcro strap keeps them on well. S has Pulled the strap off but hasn't been successful with pulling the shoe off. 
  • Happy Halloween!

•  We went to the mall to trick or treat today. Despite V's unenthused face she really enjoyed holding the bucket as treats we're put inside and enjoyed people watching. We also went around the block with her big cousin (5years) but it was definitely chilly out. No rain though so it was a great day! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice So cute! Did the people giving out candy act like they didn't want to give you any? I wasn't planning on giving S any but I wanted to do it for the experience. People were apprehensive to give us candy and a lady even made a comment along the lines of "oh I don't want to give that baby this candy". Lucky for her I was in mommy mode and I just ignored her and moved onto the next stand . I'm going to throw away half of that candy anyway. It was the crappy candy that nobody wants.
  • Everyones LOs look adorable!! My LO dressed up as a little old lady and it was hilarious haha.

@Ladybug2821 Yes!!! So many people didn't want to give her candy but hadn't no problems filling her cousins bucket up (he's 2)! Made me so mad. Mama wanted the candy! Haha
  • @ladybug2821 I really didn't seem to have anyone passing any judgement luckily or else I would have mom moded as well. It's Halloween, whoever really cares shouldn't be passing out in the first place. I saw an article in our newspaper about the cut off age for trick or treating at 14 but  if a teenager or parent of a LO wants to let there in inner child loose on Halloween then I say let them!  There's far more dangerous things people could be doing then celebrating  one fun night a year. It's not for everyone but I still enjoy myself!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Worst. Mom. Ever. 

I had/have a cold, so I just kept the babies home with me instead of taking them trick-or-treating because it was cold and I was already miserable.
  • The girls look sooooo cute though @Ladybug2821 @brzvice!