May 2018 Moms

Due Date Check-in (wk of 10/30): Fifth Week of May 5/27-6/2

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the Fifth Week of May 5/27-6/2 

How far along are you? What size is baby this week?

What symptoms are you having?

Rants/Raves:

Any questions this week?

GTKY:  Who is your celebrity doppelgänger?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Due Date Check-in (wk of 10/30): Fifth Week of May 5/27-6/2

• How far along are you? What size is baby this week?
     - 9+6, about to graduate to the size of a strawberry

- My digestive system seems to have calmed down a bit, though I am still crazy constipated. Pooping is just not a part of my life right now. Nausea comes and goes but in general is getting better. Tossing and turning all night, but can fall into a coma if I get a nap during the day. 

Rants/Raves:
     - See above re: sleep - I don't want to adult today. 

Any questions this week?
     - No. 

- Um.... I know I've been told I look like someone before, but my pregnancy brain can't remember. Will update if it comes to me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? What size is baby this week? 9w6d too! So same as you. 

What symptoms are you having? Nausea, constipation (which has led to first hemeroid), and heart burn. 

Rants/Raves: dealing with a flea infestation for the first time with my 13 year old dogs. One of my dogs isn't doing well at all and the fleas aren't helping at all. School got canceled today due to strong winds knocking down trees and power lines. As nice as  is to sit around today (I've already gone and take a morning nap!) I really hate having our school year extended. 

Any questions this week? Any tricks dealing with fleas while pregnant? They've both been given baths, we plan on bombing the house this weekend and hiding out at BIL 's house a 3 hour drive from here as the midwife said I need to be out of the house for 24 hours after setting it off. She also said I'll have to wash all my clothes in the closet as we are going to bomb the closet because the dogs like sleeping in there,it seems like it's going to be ridiculously a lot of work to take care of this. 

GTKY:  Who is your celebrity doppelgänger
    I don't think I've ever been told I look like one. A friend told me I have the same lips as the new wonder woman,but I know I don't actually look like her. 
  • Loading the player...
    9weeks 6 days; as of tomorrow a kumquat 
    Nauseous, tired, and my back has been hurting 
    Rants/Raves:
    I'm ready to have my energy back! I'm excited about Halloween tomorrow. DS is excited to go trick or treating.
    Any questions this week?
    Anyone else having bad back pain? I don't remember this until DS was was larger.
    when I was little I was told I looked like Stephanie from Full House or JonBenét Ramsey. Now that I'm older no one has mentioned anything.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
    Kumquat, Lego Man, Strawberry 

Sore, huge boobs, I'm getting some energy back but still tired, naseous but only when I'm hungry and/or at night- 4 until I go to bed, occasionally heartburn at night. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rave- How my parents took the news that we were having a baby. My mom is not into kids, even though she had three, so I've grown up hearing that kids are overrated, they drain you of all your money, you can't do anything anymore. But when we told them, she actually looked like she was tearing up. My sisters were the same way, they are both younger than me and don't want kids, but seemed genuinely happy for me. 

Rants- I told my MIL I may need maternity pants soon and I get "You're only 2.5 months, are you already showing?" When I said my pants are getting tight she proceeded to tell me that she only gained 15 pounds both pregnancies of hers and she loved being pregnant. She was never sick and so on...I'm exhausted daily, I work a full time job as a teacher, I commute 1 hour each way to work, and I'm up at 6 am. Ugh. 

Any questions this week?
    Anyone else starting to show? I've got a teeny belly, I've always been thin but it looks like I've got a gut now. I just wonder if my coworkers are seeing me get fat and wondering what's up. 

I've  been told I look like Kit from "A League of Their Own" and Emma Stone, minus the red hair. 

10 weeks today- the size of a LEGO man.

Fatigue, gas and just general digestion discomfort when I am trying to sleep.

Rants/Raves:
    I love my midwife- I have had her for my two older children as well. Today when we were listening for the heartbeat she had this look of pure joy when she heard it, almost as if she was going to cry tears of joy.  She makes me and my pregnancies feel truely special.

Any questions this week?
    No questions this week

I honestly can’t think of a celebrity I look like. I used to get Punky Brewster when I was a kid though. 
  • How far along are you?
    10 weeks

Knock on wood...the nausea is starting to subside. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rants - Not pregnancy related, just in general... We’re in SoCal for a business trip with DH and it’s raining. I know California needs the rain but that means DS and I are stuck in our hotel. I didn’t pack an umbrella so unless we feel like getting wet walking we can’t go anywhere! 
    Raves - Not being constantly nauseous is so amazing.

Any questions this week?
    Looking at maternity pants...do you ladies prefer full panel or demi panel (or whatever the other options are)? I only had full panel last time but I’m looking to expand my maternity wardrobe. Last time I had a lot of hand-me-downs and clothes that weren’t necessarily my style. This time I want to feel more like “me” because our budget allows for more shopping.

When I was a teenager a lot of people told me I look like LeAnn Rimes but I haven’t heard that in awhile
  • @MrT723 re: pants, I had both last time and didn't really have a preference. I wore both till the end and they were fine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    10 weeks, kumquat 
    Started feeling less tired, pushed myself a bit this last week and now I'm so exhausted..
    Rants/Raves:
    Neither rant or rave but currently on my mind... I have a cart full of baby girl clothes I'm dying to buy solely based on feeling. Will I jinx it? I mean I won't be mad if I have to return them... I'm just feeling a littl crazy i even looked  :D
    Any questions this week?
    Opinions on babywearing while pregnant? (If you already have children)
    I was told when I was younger I looked like Cameron Diez with dark hair. I was never sold on that though... no one I can think of that I actually think I look like..