January 2018 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 10/30

What's on your menu for the week? (Other than candy!!)
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Meal Plan Monday 10/30

• I was actually super productive this weekend and got all my groceries and even prepped some meals. Here is what I have so far:
    Monday: Roasted chicken and vegetables 
    Tuesday: French onion soup
    Wednesday: Grilled chicken salad
    Thursday: White bean spinach soup
    Friday: probably leftovers or a random craving

The weather here is finally perfect for soup and hot comfort dishes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Today: Brown sugar garlic chicken with red pepper noodles
    Tuesday: haven't decided yet if we're going to ILs (I hope not) so nothing on the menu
    Wednesday: enchilada rice skillet
    Thursday: Garlic beef noodle bowls
    Friday: pineapple fried rice
    Saturday: cashew chicken
  • Loading the player...
  • Today: Beef and Broccoli with Brown Rice (and I prepped 6 extras for the deep freeze)
    Tuesday: We're hosing the Halloween Launch Party so 5 different kinds of chili, cornbread, munchies (Beef and Vegetable Chili, White Chicken Chili, Ranch Chicken Chili (no beans), Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili (vegetarian), and Pumpkin Turkey Chili)
    Wednesday: Grilled Chicken, Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato Wedges 
    Thursday: Chicken and Stuffing Casserole (plus 3 more for the freezer)
    Friday: Leftover chili (one meal only, whatever else leftover will be frozen)
    Saturday: Out
    Sunday: Lasagna (Plus 3 more for the freezer and 4 bags of meat sauce for the freezer)
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Go @KatieEl ! That's a lot for the freezer! I really need to start.  We should start a freezer meal thread soon for recipe ideas. I prefer making stuff others have liked rather than blindly finding recipes on pinterest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No solid schedule but I actually got groceries this week!

Tacos/nachos - beef for the boys, black bean for me
    Pizza rolls (that's the concept anyway, crescent rolls + pizza sauce + cheese + pepperoni - anyone actually tried it & have advice?)
    Something involving chicken breast bc I'm not gonna let DH ignore another package and throw it in the freezer at the last minute
    The usual fallbacks: tomato soup & grilled cheese, mac & cheese, pasta & tomato sauce
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @maueraa07 yes we have a giant deep freeze so try to get a little done at a time! And I'm always down for a freezer meal Thread: love new recipes and tips!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Wow @KatieEl that is awesome!! I need to start stocking up! I have a bunch of new freezer to crockpot meals I want to try from Wildtree. 

I gotta go shopping tomorrow. Halloween ha totally thrown my week off. But carnitas slow cooker tacos, stuffed shells, and steaks are on the menu. Probably bbq chicken salad too. I’ve been loving a good salad. It’s almost cold enough for soup so maybe a chicken tortilla soup!