June 2018 Moms

STM+ Check In w/o 11/1

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 

GTKY: We discussed posting pics of our older kids dressed up for Halloween. If you don't feel comfortable let us know your favorite costume of the night.
me 35/ DH 39
married 8/22/2015
BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

Re: STM+ Check In w/o 11/1

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    8 weeks, 3 days. Time is flying by.

2.5! 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?
    Not at the moment. :smile: DS seems to have had a potty training breakthrough and is learning letters left and right. I'm a proud momma.

I'm very excited to bring DS into this 100%. It's important to me that he feels important and needed and has a role to play in taking care of the baby, playing with the baby, showing the baby around, etc. I'm hoping to give him a feeling of ownership in this new-child onboarding so he doesn't feel slighted or replaced. 

GTKY: We discussed posting pics of our older kids dressed up for Halloween. If you don't feel comfortable let us know your favorite costume of the night.
    We turned off the porch light, closed the curtains, and watched 3 episodes of Stranger Things. It was a great Halloween.
    Nov Sig Chall

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited November 2017
    @sunshineandwhiskey Thank you!  And oh my goodness your little peanut is adorable!!!  
    @catlady1215  That's a good idea...I'll post then just come back and delete it.  

Sofia Carson and Austin Moon.  :P  I know Austin doesn't have a mohawk on the TV show but ours does.  haha

BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey - We own now, but I bought that house back in 2005 when I was single, no kids, no pets, etc.  It was a perfect size then.  Not so much now.  We've definitely outgrown it.  We're going to see one more house this afternoon and then probably making an offer on the house we saw on Sunday.  The possibility of being in a new house by Christmas has me BEYOND excited!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • How far along are you?  9+5

How old are your other kids?  2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? The toddler tantrums are hard man.  My kid is so strong willed and physical that when he gets upset, he can legitimately hurt me (unintentionally) by flailing his arms or banging his head back.  Any tips on how to deal with tantrums?

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I am a lot calmer this time around.  I remember being so overwhelmed by all the rules in pregnancy last time, which don't really stress me out this time.  I'm still so damn tired all the time that I can't imagine going through the first 3 months again (newborn was not my favorite stage).

• @PatientlyWaiting10 good luck with the new job!  Do they know you are pregnant?  I started a new job a week before my BFP and keep thinking about how I'll break the news in a few weeks.  AND your DD posing is hilarious- how do all kids just know to do that?

@mytinc A new house- so exciting! 

@catlady1215 that is so cute!  Love how kids just say anything they are thinking (sometimes).

@sunshineandwhiskey Thanks!  Your little flamingo is adorable too
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 I actually told them before I accepted the position.  Because I will be there less than a year and not protected by FMLA I wanted to make sure I was safe and would be able to return to my position.  There is verbiage in the contract about childcare leave so I'm safe.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loving all the kids in their costumes!! So cute

How far along are you? 
    7+1

How old are your other kids? DS is 2.5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? All the talk about everyone else's kids potty training makes me feel like my DS never will! I know that's obviously not true, but he has zero interest in it whatsoever. Most of his buddies his age are already fully potty trained, and he definitely doesn't mind being the last one in diapers! Changing his smelly ones are making me so sick these days that I might start pushing it more than I planned to. I really wanted to follow his lead, but I want to barf every time I change him! He has both a stand alone potty and the seat you attach to the big toilet. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Still the same as last week, just excited to see DS as a big brother :)

GTKY: We discussed posting pics of our older kids dressed up for Halloween. If you don't feel comfortable let us know your favorite costume of the night. All my pics are on my phone! DS was Thomas the Train, and DH homemade a Thomas costume to match him, it was really cute. He had such a blast and keeps asking me when it's Halloween again.

• How far along are you?  7+6

How old are your other kids?  5 and 2

I am stressing now that I am getting sicker about telling my kids.  I want to wait a few more months not just to be safe but because 9 Months is a LONG time for little kids but now that DS is 5 he understands more and I don’t want him worrying about me if he thinks I am sick daily.

My kids play pretty great together most of the time.  I am excited to see how a 3rd fits in!

I don’t post pictures but DS was a ghostbuster and DD was Minnie mouse.  
  • catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited November 2017
    @travelingcouple we didn't get serious with DS till he was 3.5. I wanted to let him lead cause he is extremely strong willed and had no interest. He still didn't show any at 3.5 but it needed done. The first few days was tough but cause he was older, he picked it up so quickly!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • How far along are you? 7w2d

How old are your other kids? 3 and 14 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? DD has pinkeye. Trying desperately to keep her quarantined in our TINY house. Not exactly sure how we can accommodate one more person in this house. Not really sure what we were thinking when we bought this place.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: DD is an awesome big sis and I'm excited to share the news with her.

I took no pictures last night. Due to the whole pinkeye thing, we didn't go too far. She was Shimmer, he was Yoda. I collected candy for the both of them. 
  • How far along are you? 
    8 Weeks 3 days
    Almost 2 (23 months)
    My DS is going through some kind of sleep regression. He wakes up crying hysterically at night and he will be up 3-4 hours at a time. He also has to go to an evaluation Friday for Physcial and Speech therapy. He has not started talking yet and they are concerned about his muscle tone. I'm worn out and just trying to keep afloat at the moment.
    I am excited for my DS to have a sibling. He loves other kids and I think he will be a great big brother. I also can't wait for all the cuddly baby snuggles!

Here's my little man dressed at Clark Kent. We couldn't get him to slow down for pictures :D

• @marcus7676 I don't have any advice but We are going through the same thing right now. Between tantrums and night wakings I feel like i'm going to go crazy!
  • lisa2589lisa2589 member
    edited November 2017
    How far along are you? 9w3d

How old are your other kids? DD is 2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? So at 20 months she had started climbing out of her crib. Converted to toddler bed way sooner than I had wanted, but it actually went great. She had no problem sleeping in there. In July, a week or so after she turned 2, she refused to sleep in her bed anymore. She sleeps on the floor, in the corner of her room with her face right up to the crack under the door. I’ve tried everything to get her back in bed. Go in after she’s asleep and move her. Sit with her til she falls asleep. Sometime during the night she always gets back up and goes on the floor. So we moved her into her new room last week with a real bed (was our guest bed, now eventually going to need to put her crib back together in her old room). I thought maybe a new big bed would be cool enough to sleep in... nope, still goes to the floor in the new room as well. I mean I know it doesn’t hurt her but it drives me crazy! 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Took her for a flu shot today, the nurse said “1, 2, 3, poke!” DD looked at her like hmm idk what that was about, and then started laughing! Not the reaction I thought she’d get! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @catlady1215 Thank you! I really do want to follow his lead. He's always done every milestone on his terms and once he decides he's ready, he never turns back. I'm sure potty training will be the same. I just hope he is ready before the baby comes!

• @lisa2589 Could you put a cozy rug or a pad there? If she's safe might not be worth fighting. 
    @katykat03 Sorry your LOs still sick. Viruses can last so long in kids. 

• How far along: 6 w 4 d
    Kids ages: 14 m and almost 3
    Questions: Any tips on removing sharpie from fabric? It's a machine washable cushion cover...
    Sucesses: My kids are loving the foods I want to cook these days to ease my MS: pasta, cheese quesadillas, ramen, pancakes, McDonalds... everbody's happy.  :)
    GTKY: I'm not comfortable posting pics but you guys have to trust me my kids were so cute last night. My oldest had a great time ToTing.

• @Llamamama that’s a really good idea. Something that would be more comfortable than just the carpet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisa2589 A but unusual but a flat dog bed might work well. You could maybe find a pink girly one. I'm thinking of this because both my kids love crawling on our large dog's plush bed and DS sometimes says he's gonna sleep there. (Just don't tell people your kid sleeps in a dog bed)
  • How far along are you?  10w 6d

How old are your other kids? 5 & 7 DDs

Dd2 has been going through a really emotional week. She started asking me to "help" her do things that she usually does on her own and today I was having a "done with humans" day for no reason and was really snappy and easily losing my patience. DD1 at one point asked  me why I was getting so angry (I may have slammed the chest fridge closed :frown:) and I was just like.. Idk Momo (pronounced mama) is just not feeling right today so could we please try to help each other do things (referring to them helping each other) instead of the Momo! Momo! Momo! Four bazillion times. 

Having such a perspective 7 year old.

We don't celebrate holidays. :smile:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 
    8 weeks

4yo and 2 yo

Nope. Smoothing sailing this week

I got my 2yo to eat my healthy chili. It had tons of veggies hidden in it and he ate 2 helpings! Feeling like supermom
    hahaha 

No idea how to post pictures otherwise I would. 4yo was Belle, 2yo was a Dino and roared at everyone.
  • katelynrae86katelynrae86 member
    edited November 2017
    Oh man, I'm loving these cute kids and babies in costume!

How far along are you? 
    6+5

How old are your other kids? he'll be 13 months on Sunday 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Nothing new, he still hates sleeping. It's getting better and we've had a few nights sleeping through the night, but then he wakes up between 4 and 5 and won't go back down! Any tips for (super) early risers? So not looking forward to daylight savings time. I always hear horror stories from parents. Last year he was a newborn so it didn't really matter.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I agree with @marcus7676 , I feel a lot calmer about the pregnancy this time around. I guess chasing a LO around distracts me from obsessing over every little time.

Edited to delete photo of my little monster so it doesn't live on the internet forever :)

• @May14th2011 what is this healthy chili you speak of?! My DS won't eat vegetables so any recipe in which I can hide them is great!

• @marcus7676 I have an immersion blender and put veggies in pretty much everything. Pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, these falafel things I make, pancake batter, bread, tortillas... And my kids never complain. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @llamamama14 - my kid loves climbing in the dog bed too!  It grosses me out because she ends up covered in dog hair and my nose being on overdrive right now...all I can smell is dog.  ugh.

Also- having a super bad cold/flu/whatever this crap is and chasing a toddler who has a faucet of a nose and can't sleep through the night because of it, and a husband who has it as well is just no fun.

• How far along are you? 9 w5d

How old are your other kids? 19 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? DD has always been mommy focused and daddy is not so high on the list. I am worried about how she will be when the new one is here. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  Asking DD where the baby is and she pats my belly. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marcus7676 I used my food processor to almost puree carrots, zucchini, and celery. Added it into the chili and it's almost impossible to notice. I add it to spaghetti sauce too, there's basically no difference in taste and it thickens the sauce a bit. My son goes nuts for red sauces of any kind, so it always works to put hidden veggies in. I try to add veggies into as much as I can. 
  • bumping this up for all the STMs who wanted to delete pictures of their little ones!
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18