Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA week of 10/31

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: what is your favorite Halloween memory?

Re: Benched/TTA week of 10/31

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @holly321. Good news!!  FX it goes by quickly & smoothly. 
  • Options
    Hey, @holly321, I'll join you.

Are you benched or TTA? Benched.

What brings you here? Lack of money and time. Thinking of pursuing IVF but looking at my work and personal calendar through the holidays, even if we had money, we do not have time.

How long do you think you'll be here? 2-3 months if things go well. May be more like 6 depending on what we learn from the RE when we schedule a consult. I'd considered doing a consult with a new RE this month but... eh, better to wait.

How have things been going? It's open enrollment now so I'm going to study the insurance plans my employer offers. I think what I have right now is the best ($2500 deductible, 20% covered until $5000 out-of-pocket is met, then 100% covered). We get a $2500 health savings account that covers our deductible which is nice. However, any IF expenses do not count at all, not even towards the deductible, so if we got KU early in the year and gave birth toward the end of the year we'd have to pay $5K instead of $2500. I guess that's not a big deal if time is of the essence but if waiting a few more months won't make a difference with our health/fertility I say aim for a January or February birth so we can count it for the next year.

Any R/R/CS/Q? I'll rant and say insurance in the US sucks. Beyond it being outrageously expensive it's incredibly difficult to understand. I lived in Japan for a year and got an infection and needed antibiotics. I paid $50 a month in health insurance. I went to see a doctor and he treated me, gave me medication, and I was on my way. I waited maybe 15 minutes to be seen and that was it. I didn't owe anything afterwards. It was all covered. But of course revamping our insurance system means 15-20 mega rich CEOs won't be able to afford their new multi-million dollar yachts next year and they may have to start wiping their asses with $10 bills instead of $20's so of course we don't want to see them suffer after how hard they work to earn their money.

GTKY: Carving pumpkins! I loved scooping out the seeds. My mom would wash and roast them. I tried to do it myself once but mine ended up grainy and gross. I'll have to try it again sometime now that I'm a more experienced cook.
  • Options
    @holly321 hooray on the awesome news from your doctor! I'm so glad the appointment went well for you. What did he say about the depo shot? I can't imagine how relieved you must feel after learning that you don't have to wait 1-2 years to TTC again!
    @wishiwaspreggo I hope you can find a good insurance to use. Insurance is just the worst and I hate reading through their policies to find out what's covered. Ugh! Hopefully you don't find yourself benched for too long and you guys come up with a good plan financially.

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Benched after early loss 2 weeks ago. 

How long do you think you'll be here? Just one cycle.

How have things been going? Pretty well! I forgot to get my HCG blood draw on Monday to check that my levels are back to zero. I'll do it next Monday since I'm out of town til then. I'm sure the levels are down by now though. I'm doing okay mentally being benched though. It's kind of nice to be free from the TTC worries and stress for a bit. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? Rant: I got a cold just in time for our trip to NYC! Ugh! Feeling okay today though and hoping to get a short nap before dinner and a show tonight. 

GTKY: what is your favorite Halloween memory? I'm having trouble thinking of a favorite since I've never been hugely into Halloween. Growing up, we always went over to our close friends' house since they lived in a bigger neighborhood than we did. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them every year and their dad is a goof ball so he always made sure we had a good time! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3