February 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change | HaLLoWeEn Edition!

PeachGal23PeachGal23 member
edited October 2017 in February 2018 Moms

Happy Halloween, ladies! >:)

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks, an ear of corn

2. How are you feeling/ current symptoms? I feel great, but just pretty worn out by the end of the day after working all day, making dinner, kids in bed, kitchen cleaned... wish I could have that relaxing glass of wine!

3. Any appointments upcoming? Thursday is my 24wk appt and glucose tolerance test.  I'm a weirdo and actually love the sugary drink!

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? Rave: so glad hubs is back in town after a week out of the country for week.  Taking care of the house, a 3yo, and 1yo while pregnant and working full time was utterly exhausting!

5. What are you procrastinating the most on your to-do list (before baby or otherwise)?  the nursery.  We moved into a new house 6 weeks ago, and the nursery is currently full of boxes.  We have done nothing!  I'm not necessarily worried yet, but starting to feel anxious and excited to get it going. At least I have a Pinterest board :)

6. What are your plans for Halloween? Dressing the bump? our new street has a block party, so I'm looking forward to that this evening and dressing up the kiddos as Anna and Olaf (from Frozen).  I won't be dressing up the bump, but I have a cute Mardi Gras style mask to wear.  Excited to raid my kids' candy!

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change | HaLLoWeEn Edition!

• 1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks--a barbie

2. How are you feeling/ current symptoms? I feel good--I have some back pain when I am on my feet all day.  I get irrationally moody at times.  

3. Any appointments upcoming? Next Wednesday is my 24 week appointment.  

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? It is crazy that the end is getting closer.  I am glad the holidays are on the way to make time pass a little faster. 

5. What are you procrastinating the most on your to-do list (before baby or otherwise)? I have washed most of my baby stuff.  Since we moved DS to his "big boy room" the nursery has become storage.  So I need to clean that out.  I am going to wait until after Christmas to get all of the baby stuff out of storage (pack n play, carseat, bouncers, etc).  I don't want that extra clutter around yet! 

6. What are your plans for Halloween? Dressing the bump? We will take DS to a few places--nothing major.  I teach preschool--2 half day classes.  So I have 2 parties to survive today.  I will most likely be wiped out by the end of the day.  

• 1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 

26 weeks; kale or butternut squash.

2. How are you feeling/ current symptoms? 

Feeling pretty good. I went to the chiropractor yesterday for an adjustment and am going again tomorrow. It's helping my hip and back pain a bit. 

3. Any appointments upcoming? 

Chiropractor tomorrow and I have the paperwork to do my glucose tolerance test at any point between now and my next checkup.

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions?

I'm starting to get the "you've popped!" comments at work. So far, it doesn't bother me. Here's hoping it stays that way.

5. What are you procrastinating the most on your to-do list (before baby or otherwise)?  

We FINALLY started the nursery on Sunday. Painted two coats on the walls and need to touch up the ceiling. Can't wait to build the crib and get things set up in there. Planning on car shopping next week too. 

6. What are your plans for Halloween? Dressing the bump? 

No special Halloween plans. Just passing out candy to trick-or-treaters

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks, grapefruit, which makes no sense since last week was coconut

2. How are you feeling/ current symptoms? nothing major, just soreness

3. Any appointments upcoming? i have an appointment Thursday. I'm guessing glucose comes next after that

5. What are you procrastinating the most on your to-do list (before baby or otherwise)? nothing really. I finally scheduled my meeting with a doula, which had been my biggest procrastination so far.

6. What are your plans for Halloween? Dressing the bump? we are going for dinner and trick or treat at the ILs. DD is a skunk. We'll just set a bowl of candy out at our house. 

• 1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    24 weeks - a cantaloupe!

Tired and a little achy, especially my back, but I feel more like myself than I have since getting pregnant! Sometimes I almost forget I am pregnant until I walk past a mirror.

Monthly prenatal visit with my family doctor on Thursday. Likely just going to be weighed and check on the heart beat.

Super proud of my husband. His team won silver in the World Firefit Competition in Kentucky last week.

Also super happy the combat challenge season is over with so I have someone to eat snacks with! I was getting sick of steamed veggies.

5. What are you procrastinating the most on your to-do list (before baby or otherwise)? 

We had a tenant living in our basement apartment and he moved out last week. I really need to give it a deep clean so we can set up a spare room for family to stay in once the baby comes (my parents live on the other side of the country so they will likely stay with us for a week or so after Charlotte is born).

I am hoping to get a few trick or treaters before I head to Bible study tonight, but we have only gotten one or two in the past few years! It's our fault for not decorating, but the kids who do come usually end up splitting the box of candy lol.

I had to conduct interviews all day, so I decided against dressing up at work! There are so many cute bump costumes though, I am loving seeing how creative everyone is.

• @the_other_mother  That is the cutest costume ever. 

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 

24 weeks - a VHS case

My "gag at every single smell good or bad" has returned, which is miserable. I'm not nauseous really, just dry heaving at smells. Also, I ache in my back, legs, and feet. People keep reminding me I have a "long way to go" and I want to punch them. I get that it gets worse, but its okay for me to say I'm uncomfortable right now.  

Had a check up last week and all was well, except that they took a second look at anatomy scan and have concerns that placenta is still too low. Will do another sono at 30 weeks to see whats up. 

None

Anything nursery related. I have done nothing. 

I'm so busy at work I'll probably just work late. DH is busy with school and its just us, so no big Halloween plans. I was going to dress up my belly as "wilson" from Cast Away, but wasn't feeling well this weekend and didn't leave my couch.

• msunshine123msunshine123 member
    edited November 2017

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 25 weeks

2. How are you feeling/ current symptoms? Just tired - DH is traveling for work. We're all recovering from the stomach bug that went through our house last week - no fun at all!

In 2 weeks my appointment and glucose tolerance test. 

None

I'd like to finish the album for my DD - before this LO arrives and I have to start another. (she's 2 still working on 1st year)

I did wear an orange shirt and put a jack-o-lantern face on my bump. We took DD to about 5 houses so she could trick-or-treat it was the 1st time we've taken her. She liked it :-)