April 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change

2»

Re: Monday Ticker Change

• @scuba_chic @ladythrice so much the same. We live in a really small, but definitely suburban, town. We got the chickens because we want our kids to grow up with farm animals, and now when we drive through rural areas I would NEVER have even considered a few years ago, I find myself thinking "wow, I would love to live here." Kids really do change everything. 
  • I must be off @kmalls @scuba_chic @ladythrice I grew up in the suburbs of a city and love it and i'm so glad my children will get to grow up in the same way pretty much.  We did visit family in a small town of Kentucky a lot while growing up and I always thought it was sooooo boring cause there was nothing to really do there.  Also I don't really care for country roads because they are so hilly and curvy I get car sick very easily.  Guess I'm just one of those stereotypical city girls. It's awesome though that you want to give your kids a similar experience as you did growing up.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Dumbgurl04 @kmalls @ladythrice Its not so much wanting to be in a small town where there's nothing to do.  We live in the suburbs of Austin and will always probably live close or in a bigger city for work purposes...unless we retire young haha.  Its more the idea of wanting my kids to have land to roam and play, not a "neighborhood."  Its wanting them exposed to taking care of farm animals in the morning before school and having real outdoor chores after. Living the "simple" life, I guess is what I'm aiming for.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Dumbgurl04 I also grew up in the suburbs of a big city (Boston) and that's where we currently live now. I love that we have access to so much to do, but to @scuba_chic's point I also love the idea of my kids having room to roam and play outside without worry. The simple life is very appealing to us right now. I guess we have a pretty good balance with small town living even close to a big city, but I'd love a lot more land. 
  • ladythriceladythrice member
    edited November 2017
    @Dumbgurl04 @kmalls @ladythrice Its not so much wanting to be in a small town where there's nothing to do.  We live in the suburbs of Austin and will always probably live close or in a bigger city for work purposes...unless we retire young haha.  Its more the idea of wanting my kids to have land to roam and play, not a "neighborhood."  Its wanting them exposed to taking care of farm animals in the morning before school and having real outdoor chores after. Living the "simple" life, I guess is what I'm aiming for.  
    @scuba_chic I totally get that. While we didn't grow up with farm animals, we absolutely had outdoor chores. We chopped and stacked wood to help fuel our wood furnace. My mom had a MASSIVE garden that we helped plant, weed, and harvest every year. Once harvested we helped can and freeze all the spoils. As an adult I often laugh, and reminisce fondly, about my mom's garden. I HATED it as a kid... but man what I wouldn't do to have fresh vegetables from the garden every night during the summer and have my mom's canned salsa and spaghetti sauce throughout the winter now!

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I must be off @kmalls @scuba_chic @ladythrice I grew up in the suburbs of a city and love it and i'm so glad my children will get to grow up in the same way pretty much.  We did visit family in a small town of Kentucky a lot while growing up and I always thought it was sooooo boring cause there was nothing to really do there.  Also I don't really care for country roads because they are so hilly and curvy I get car sick very easily.  Guess I'm just one of those stereotypical city girls. It's awesome though that you want to give your kids a similar experience as you did growing up.  
    I'm the same way. I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and I love living in the suburbs. I have never lived in a rural area before but I HATE the thought of it. I need to have several options for stores and restaurants close by or I would go crazy. I will say that I also don't care for living in the middle of a big city though either. I have done that two times now and I really start to miss seeing green. The suburbs is the perfect match for me!
  • oh I should have phrased better.  When I mean nothing to do it was more along the lines of I live near all these museums, can go see live theater, amazing walking paths.  Where my family lives if they wanted to do any of that they would have to drive at least an hour if not 2 sometimes just to see a movie.  Where I could drive 10 minutes and be around dozens of different dining places, shopping, museums, theaters.  Also I grew up in a neighborhood and I felt I could roam and play, plus there always seemed to be other kids to play with.  Totally get what you are going for though, but for me though if I could live in New York City I would be in heaven.  Side note there is a lady I sometimes work with(through phone and email) who works out of Wilmington, Delaware and she tells me all the time how she wants me to transfer out there.  I tell her all the time if I was single and alone I would do it in a heart beat because it's just a train ride to NYC and all my income would be spent on rent/utilities, food, and Broadway show tickets. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I love that we have a couple mid-westerners in this ticker change! Yay. I definitely live in the country on a farm, close to a town of 500 so I am on the rural side. We are close to a city though, only 30 min drive so DH and I both work there and go there often. I like the idea of my kids going to a small school but still being able to do things in a city. 

Also, we had chickens a couple years ago. Terrifying, not a fan. lol