January 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 10/23

13»

Re: Randoms Week of 10/23

• Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 My flu shot hurt for at least 5 days afterward this time. I don't remember it being that painful! But yes, the Tdap is always a PITA.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    @missblaze this is my first year getting a flu shot (I was allergic to eggs as a kid and was told not to get them) but read a few articles on what the flu can do when you’re growing a person and decided it was a smaller risk of reacting to the shot (I can eat eggs now and don’t react) than risking the flu. Not gonna lie though it was not pleasant and did not encourage me to get it again. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @missblaze I need to remember the arm thing when I get my Tdap in a couple weeks. I never remember and usually they do it on the left arm because it's the closest to the desk in each room at my OB office. I recently had the photo of me getting it last time come up on my Timehop, and I had a heating pad wrapped around my arm. haha. I'm not looking forward to it again.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a bad reaction to Tdap. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm just one of the very small percent who have a stronger than usual response (I tend to vomit and I have on at least one occasion fainted.) My OB knows and we'll be doing it partway through the third trimester with extra monitoring so we can control any fever and make sure I don't fall. 
  • Options
    I still need to get both shots. Thinking about getting my flu shot this weekend, and the Tdap next weekend to give my arms a break. 
  • Options
    My flu shot hurt for like 3 or 4 days afterwards, which it never has in the past! Getting my tDap in 2 weeks so I'll have to decide which arm is best..
  • Options
    @cyanope that is so cute!!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    Any STM with insight. DD has been completely potty trained since July. She had accidents with pee maybe once every few weeks and NEVER poop accidents.

She has had at least one accident everyday over the last 1-2 weeks. She isn't telling when she's had an accident either, just sitting in it. She also has started pooping her pants too. I expected this when the baby came, but can't figure out what's going on or how to handle it. Any BTDT?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Dani0329 My DD has been potty trained completely for a year and over the summer there was a period of time (about 1.5 weeks) where she pooped her pants every single day. I don't know if she was having some bowel issues going on or if she was just so "busy" doing something that she didn't want to get up and go to the potty, but it was FRUSTRATING. We talked about it a lot and for a few days I kept my eye on her, and watched for "signs" that I had looked for while potty training, and if I saw her trying to hide in the corner or make a face, I would immediately bring her to the bathroom. It resolved itself in a few days. And it hasn't happened since.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    There is a fucking white supremacist rally in my town square this weekend and I just think it's super shitty. I am just so sad about this right now. I've known about it for a couple weeks and the closer it's coming it's just hitting my heart right now. Local small business are closed for the day and boarding up windows and it's just super not ok.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy, that sucks. It's hard because there isn't really anything you can do to stop it.
  • Options
    @Dani0329, could it be related to a change in the consistency of her stool? Anytime DD1 had an accident that was the cause-- she was more or less surprised that she actually had to poop. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @missblaze
    I am praying his will be the case because it was nice to be out of carrying a diaper bag and a million things everywhere we go.

@BelhurstBride
    This is what I was thinking but it doesn't seem to be a different consistency. We are in the process of transitioning her back on milk, she has been on almond milk for the last year. Maybe that's it, but she still never would poop herself, only withhold to the point of needing help getting it out. TMI I'm sorry.

• Options
    DS and I went to Target tonight and took backroads through the farmsteads to get home. We live in a bedroom community amongst a lot of fields. It’s quiet and safe, yet close to civilization as Target is only 10 min away. I was looking for deer but instead 3 men came walking out of the brush, onto the road, dressed in full hunting camo. Scared me so much that I hit the breaks and yelled ‘oh my f (expletive) god!’ 
    DS repeated me and now I feel like the worst mother ever.
  • Options
    Very cool, @jaclyn0405

Too cute, @cyanope

Totally late, but we don't really have hospital visitors with both families out of state. With Ds I suggested they come visit a couple weeks after due date. Worked out well because we also didn't have the best hospital stay. I had nursing problems and none of us slept a wink that night.
     I didn't want anyone just hanging out here waiting for the baby at 9 months pregnant. And I wanted a little time to adjust before dealing with houseguests. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    DS was up 4 times last night and kept trying to sleep in our bed. We've never coslept, this is a new thing that involves lots of toddler knee and elbow jabs and then "I'm sowwy". So friggin tired.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    What is everyone's plan for travel over Christmas? I'm a FTM and don't know how uncomfortable I will be at 37.5 weeks. My family is 3 hours away. I'd like to know what STMs think of traveling during that time. 
  • Options
    @em_el this is the year we are supposed to visit DHs family in Baltimore for Christmas. It’s about 2 hours away. I’ll be 39 weeks so we will not be traveling. STM so I know my doc won’t let me travel that far away that close to d day. When we told my MIL that we were expecting back in July, we told her by stating we couldn’t come for Christmas. When she asked what we were doing instead, we told her we were having a baby. They’ve known for months now that they won’t be seeing us haha.
  • Options
    @em_el I would definitely check with your OB regarding travel that late! Mine told me after 36 weeks I need to stay within about an hour of the hospital (FTM, low risk). This would normally be a year we would travel to Massachusetts to spend Christmas with my in-laws but I'll be over 37 weeks then so we're just staying home. They may come down here but I'm not sure if they've decided yet. 
  • Options
    @em_el we were supposed to spend Christmas with my family (5 hours away)  but I'll be about 37 weeks (STM here) and I don't want to chance getting stuck in the snow or something and going into labor early that far away! You may want to mention traveling to your doc too-some, like mine, don't let you go more than an hour away from the hospital once you hit a certain point.
  • Options
    I would be hesitant to travel too far as well. If our get-together hadn't been moved, I would be traveling about...3-4 hours from my hospital at 35.5 weeks and I was a little uncertain about that. Fortunately it was moved so it's a non-issue, but I would just check with your OB. 

How do you all feel about birth photography? I'm leaning towards having it done because I want someone to capture "the moment" when we see baby for the first time. DH said "I don't think that's something I want pictures of" but I'm not sure he quite understands that the pictures are more of the immediate, post-birth experience and our reactions and not of the coming-out part. Lol. Pros? Cons? 
  • Options
    @em_el I'm in the minority here and plan on traveling 3 hours away for Christmas. I'll be STM at 36 weeks. I obviously won't go if I'm incredibly uncomfortable or if the weather is supposed to be bad. But I also have family on standby who will be able to drive me home at a moment's notice. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @em_el My family is doing their Christmas thing in mid-December, when I'll be 35 weeks pregnant, and they're about 3 hours away. We're tentatively planning to go; the OB cleared it, except when I asked, I mistakenly told her I'd be 32 weeks. We're going to day-trip it, unless the weather it's really bad or something else goes sideways between then and now.

I haven't been to a family Christmas in a few years (it's usually a money thing), and my dad really wants us there. 
  • Options
    I guess I need to ask my midwives then about our Thanksgiving plans. I'll be 34 weeks for thanksgiving but it's a ten hour drive.  :# 

@ryannenikole We will be having a friend do our birth photography. I was on the fence about it but I really did want that first moment of meeting our baby. And since it's just going to be me and DH in the delivery room, no one can take that picture. So we have a friend who is a photographer and she will be doing it for us. DH isn't too nervous about pregnancy and labor things, thankfully. He actually wants to catch the baby. I think I'm more nervous than he is!
  • Options
    @ryannenikole I am not sure. I don’t need birth photos. I’m having a csection. I don’t know that I need photos of that. Haha but I AM thinking about doing a fresh 48 hour session. That’s where the photographer comes to the hospital and takes photos on the baby within the first 48 hours. I didn’t do it for DS but I’d like it for when DS comes to the hospital and meets her as well as fresh photos. But gah. It’s like $450 for those sessions and I don’t think I can justify spending that and the newborn session. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    edited October 2017
    @ryannenikole, I desperately wanted birth photog with DD2. She came too fast and the photog didn't arrive until after her arrival. We ended up having pictures done the next day and they're some of my favorite ever. We're going that route again this time. 

@em_el, I'd run it by your doctor. I would have been totally comfortable with DD1. Hard no with DD2 and this pregnancy. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My hospital had a photographer who comes around and offers to take some newborn photos on day 1 or 2. Nothing fancy, but they brought a cute basket and opened the blinds for good light, and did about 20 shots of DS and the three of us together. We were able to view them online and choose what package to get afterward. Definitely planning to do it again if they offer - I don't think I would be able to remember this epic pout face otherwise.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    The doula we hired does photography, so we'll have a few shots. With Ds, it was just the two of us in the delivery room and all we got we're a few crappy cell phone shots. So it will be cool to have some nice photos. Definitely thinking more about immediately after the delivery. I don't really need a bunch of pics of me grunting and pushing, or of the actual delivery. :#
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)