March 2018 Moms

PGAL Check In (week of Oct. 25)

2»

Re: PGAL Check In (week of Oct. 25)

• @senora76 Yes...I have the SCH. The MW is assuming it just has not cleared yet, but has shrunk. And they are happy that it ia by my cervix, and no where near my placenta. So it isn't a placental tear. She is also happy that it isn't causing any contractions or dilation to my cervix, as of now my cervix is long and closed. As far as the cyst, the radiologist noted that this type of cyst may cause a higher frequency of bladder infections in childhood. At this time it is only 1.8cm which is VERY small. She just said if it stays, we will do an US after birth and possible surgery. Thanks for the story about your son. Knowing these things clear up in real life is reassuring to hear.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kalawa I don't know if you are having a boy or girl - or if you even know yet... or are going to find out... but I know that the explained to me that boys have a lot of tubing down there and that from their kidneys to exit, develops later in some...and my baby was born 5 weeks early which didnt help.  I honestly dont know what they meant by renal ABNORMALITY - it may very well have been a cyst - i just dont know and it was a decade ago and technology has advanced... my son Vance had quite a bit of infections... and it was SO frustrating....but we did make it through, considering losing Mars, Vance's ultrasound/health scare with the abnormality was really no big deal, but at the time it was VERY scary - it took a good 2 years for them to finally clear. He also had the ultrasound and VCUG done as diagnostics but fortunately did not need the surgery... I have no idea if the "renal abnormality" was a cyst or what, but there was something different about my kid in the ultrasound and after birth but hes totally fine now... He's had a couple of infections since, and actually a few weeks ago... he told me it hurt when he peed and I was like OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN... but it turned out to be nothing.

I hope your baby's cyst ends up clearing up long before Vance's issue resolved. HOPEFULLy it shrunk or is gone totally by Monday.  Let's hope that SCH is gone too!
    Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Mars Florencio 11/15/16 - 3/6/17
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • @senora76 Thanks for all that info, and the well wishes. We did find out baby is a female. The radiologist noted that because everything is so littls is may even be on an ovary. And this starting as a twin gestation, the extra hormones may have caused it. I also had a cyst on my bladder growing up, and a higher occurence of infections. They assume it was there since birth..but 32 years ago they definitely did not have the technology to tell haha. 
  • @kalawa sooo interesting...  I sure hope it resolves itself soon no matter what the case is...  Congrats on your little girl :)
    Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • @justkeeptrying I'm so sorry. I completely understand. Yesterday (10/29) was my EDD for my angel baby and it was a very hard day for me. Still feeling all of the feels today. I'm just glad to have this baby!! We are lucky to have these babies! I wish there was more I could say. 
  • @BrittnieMariee, thank you. I'm sorry you had to go through yesterday. These dates are so hard. 
  • @kalawa let us know how the scan goes- your in my thoughts.

@justkeeptrying @senora76 im sorry about the milestones - always so so hard. I've personally been less active in TB this week as we just passed out last milestone - the actual physical miscarriage (this Saturday). we were aware of the loss a week earlier but it took forever for the medication to work. I feel good knowing we won't be passing any of these hard dates again until after our little angel is born. Not to say they won't be hard again next year... but i think they will be easier. My heart breaks for you both and I wish none of us ever have to hurt like this ever again. 

@PixieMoxie Welcome to our group. I hope you find some peace here. 

@mdfarmchick I'm so saddened to hear about your friend. She is lucky to have you to support her
  • My anatomy scan showed that our baby has “slightly “ dilated kidneys. This is also something that can either clear up on its own before or shortly after birth, but can also persist and require a long course of antibiotics because there is reflux back into the kidneys and this can cause frequent infections. There is also a surgical option that can help if it continues to be an issue. @senora76 it sounds similar to what your son had, I guess technically enlarged kidneys could be called a renal abnormality?  I am very worried, and also do keep telling myself that the worst case scenario is unpleasant and scary but not particularly dangerous. @kalawa I hope these pee problems clear up all on their own. I have another ultrasound in 6 weeks to see how his kidneys are progressing. 
    I’m sorry for those having a hard time with milestones. November is a hard month at our house. 3 Novembers ago my husband and I suddenly lost our beyond beloved 5 year old dog. It sounds trivial in a setting like this, but he was the light of our lives. 2 Novembers ago we lost my husband’s dad, which was not super unexpected but very very hard. Then I was due last November and lost that pregnancy. Here it is again and I’m so sick and i have never been so happy and just so aware of how easy it is to lose the things that matter.
  • I’m sorry this is a hard time for so many of us...

@bb3vj3n I am only now coming up on the first of a few hard to swallow dates... this is just Mars birthday... and I have several months before I get to his death day... but I do think once I pass Nov 15, the next huge date to get through is March 6 and we will have met or be close to meeting his little sister, she will give is strength... its like she was sent here at the exact time we needed her...

@leilaquinn it is entirely possible that is exactly what Vance had... its not life threatening but you do have to stay on top of the infections.  They just said it was an abnormality but they didnt tell me or I forgot what the actual abnormality was... the reflux sounds familiar because thats what they tested for with the VCUG... blockages and backups... I hope your baby’s resolves soon without trouble.
    Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • The closer I get to my anatomy scan (Thursday) the more nervous I get that something is wrong. Haven't felt baby kicking at all today. And even though it isn't yet consistent (19 weeks) it would be some really nice reassurance right now. 

PGAL brain really messes with you. Ugh. 
  • @justkeeptrying at 19 weeks I still had several days where I didn’t feel him. Sending hugs and some reassurance your way. It turns out I also have an anterior placenta ((again)) so that’s why movement isn’t consistently daily until like this week. 22 weeks. 
  • @justkeeptryingHaven't felt a thing all day either - anterior placenta here too like @mdfarmchick ... hang in there - not too much further to go!

Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • @senora76 and @mdfarmchick, thank you both. I felt a couple of wiggles just a few minutes ago and I feel so much better. I hate how nervous I get every time an appointment is closeby. I keep waiting for the day my world comes crashing down again and holding my breath. PGAL brain really makes it hard to relax and actually enjoy a pregnancy.

So thankful for the support in this group and a safe place to come and share my fears. Thanks ladies!
  •  oh Lord..... its happening.... I'm getting sick.
    low grade fever (99.9) bodyaches....chills.... cough. 

Nooooo
  • @bb3vj3n NNNOOOOO!!! Drink a million liters of water. Flush it away. 
  • @bb3vj3n me too. Got a negative strep swab today but the doctor felt like my throat and tonsils visually looked very infected so she wanted to look for elevators white blood cells to try to figure out bacterial or viral . 2 nurses tried 5 spots and couldn’t get a drop of blood out of me, I alway have wimpy veins but I had been up all night coughing until I threw up and was still dehydrated I guess. She put me on an antibiotic to be cautious since I had a fever of 102.1, but I am soooooo run down and I am not looking forward to 10 days on an antibiotic. I hope you feel better soon!
  • @bb3vj3n @leilaquinn Ugh! ‘Tis the season.. ALREADY!  :( DD came down with an icky nose and cough yesterday. I knew it was just a matter of time, but ugh. Feel better soon, ladies!