March 2018 Moms

Symptoms Week - 10/23

Re: Symptoms Week - 10/23

• I take Benadryl at night when it's really bad. I also have a toddler, so I can't take it during the day. I can't take Zyrtec because it gives me really weird side effects, unfortunately. Thanks for the input. Tagging isn't working, sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • @gh515 @cford80 like @mdfarmchick said you just get used to it!! I remember my first pregnancy I would fall asleep on the couch an hour after getting home... mom survival mode is real!
  • I see a bunch of you are having a tough time with allergies - mine are usually TERRIBLE.  The diclectin I take for my nausea is mostly antihistamine and it has helped SO MUCH. I have zero allergy symptoms. it does require a prescription but it is totally safe during pregnancy. just a thought..
  • @mdfarmchick mom was definitely right, I literally fell asleep (for about a minute) at my desk, sitting up in my chair while I was supposed to be doing an online training.

@fatstagnation yes we're in the Pittsburgh area!  We went to the Pens game (first of 6 this season, my DH has a serious problem and keeps buying tickets haha) and while we had an awesome time I was not thrilled that it went into overtime (thrilled we won though) and then by the time we got home it was almost 11 and then as soon as my mom and sister left (they watched the kids and put them to bed for us) DS decided to get out of bed to see us so then I had to get him back into bed -and make sure he stayed there!- before I could go to bed.  Then I had my 8 AM dr apt this morning meaning I got up at 6:30....I'm selfish and 6 hours of sleep is NOT enough for me, between working full time, taking care of 2 kids and a dog, and being pregnant I need more sleep than that!

• Thanks so much for sharing @fatstagnation My Chiro left town, I’m tempted to drive to him for this very reason! 
  • My belly button is starting to stretch and it itches so badly. I'm really weird about belly buttons anyway which makes it even worse.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @notthefather my belly button is starting to "pop" again.  It popped and became and outtie with my first and second and I was not thrilled (for me the inside is sensitive so when it would rub against tops or when DH would play with it because he knew it bugged me I hated it).  It has now started to pop out, much earlier than with my other 2, and I am not thrilled!
  • Oh man@LaurenAnn0405, that sucks. Mine just became totally flat, which wasn't nearly as bad as one that rubs against tops like yours. Ouch!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @fatstagnation great info! Thanks for the tips. I have coverage for chiro too. Should use it before renewal...great reason to!!! 
  • My belly button popped sooo early this time! I want to say 16-17 weeks? I should mention though it’s never gone entirely back in from my last pregnancies. 
  • I have a weird one.  The veins at the top of my hand hurt.  It feels like I have an IV in it, but obvi I do not.  It's kind of constant.

This hand is giving me so much trouble.  Ever heard of a pregnancy tumor?  Because I had that too, on my thumb, which is finally going away after a silver nitrate treatment.  SO GROSS.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• @bettyvonsomethingstein my friend ended up with pregnancy carpal tunnel... maybe that’s a sign of that? I don’t know. So far ((knock on wood)) I haven’t had carpal tunnel with any pregnancy yet. I do get skin tags sometimes with pregnancy and they don’t always go away. 
  • @mdfarmchick oh man I’ve gotten pregnancy carpal tunnel with both pregnancies so I’m sure I will this time as well. It was so bad I couldn’t even open a bottle of water. I would wake up and not be able to move my fingers. Can’t wait..... *eyeroll*
  • @syssa-o oh no! I definitely told my friend I’d be offended if she wrote me a thank you card after her shower. Her hands were so swollen. It looks awful. 
  • Anyone having pain in their tail bone? I am 19w today and have had pain sitting for about a week now. Is this something that a chiropractor can adjust or do i just have to suck it up and deal with it on my ownm
  • Anyone having pain in their tail bone? I am 19w today and have had pain sitting for about a week now. Is this something that a chiropractor can adjust or do i just have to suck it up and deal with it on my ownm
    Yes!  I saw a chiro that specialized in pregnancy with my first pregnancy for my tailbone -- oh, the pain!  It helped.  Also a special tailbone pillow.  And sitting on the crack between couch cushions hahaha

• @bettyvonsomethingstein my friend ended up with pregnancy carpal tunnel... maybe that’s a sign of that? I don’t know. So far ((knock on wood)) I haven’t had carpal tunnel with any pregnancy yet. I do get skin tags sometimes with pregnancy and they don’t always go away. 
    Ughggh.  I hope not.  That would be....truly terrible for me workwise.

• @stillcantbelieveitshappening. I agree with the chiropractor recommendation. Last time I sat on a Boppy at work and that really seemed to help.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @leilaquinn aww that sounds horrible and stressful! Glad all is well and you feel better. I can imagine how worried you were. 
  • @leilaquinn omg. That sounds awful! I’m glad you are feeling better and I hope that doesn’t happen again. <3
  • @leilaquinn Glad you went in and are being taken care of! Feel better!
  • Horrible sciatica. Dragging my left leg as I walk around the house to avoid screaming. Not fun.  :'(
  • I'm just reading all these!

I had the carpal tunnel about 34 weeks on with my 2nd. Of course my MIL said "we didn't have that 30 years ago bc we weren't on our phones nonstop"
  • rsquaredr said:
    I'm just reading all these!

I had the carpal tunnel about 34 weeks on with my 2nd. Of course my MIL said "we didn't have that 30 years ago bc we weren't on our phones nonstop"
    Way to be supportive and compassionate, MIL :/

Except in my case maybe she's right.  It is totally my scrolling hand. Hmpffff.  

• @nancysimp that sucks! I have some how not had any sciatica pain pregnancy so far, I think because I haven't had the energy to do anything more strenuous than walking but for months before I got pregnant it was so bad, it just ruins your whole mood! I hope you get some relief soon.
  • @rsquaredr thats kind of funny and I’m sure definitely a contributing factor. Both of my last pregnancies I was using a computer all day for work. I’m not this time so hopefully it isn’t as severe. I’m sure I’ll get it at least a bit from scrolling lol
  • @leilaquinn Hope you are feeling better! I’m a regular migraine sufferer and know that misery. I had a nasty one similar to yours with DD and ended up in the ER. They gave me fluids, reglan, and Benadryl I believe. I was sleepy, but it helped! 
  • Ok.. silly question time. As you know, I’ve been complaining of my pubic bone feeling like it’s going to bust and now I noticed a big ugly vein on my lower belly. Related? Coincidence? Never had a vein on my pregnant bellies before! 
  • nancysimpnancysimp member
    edited October 2017
    @leilaquinn thanks. If I press really hard in the centre of each bum cheek...both sides hurt now straight down my legs...that seems to help for a bit.

Today is Monday and I have to go to work...sorry to the strangers that may wonder why I'm walking and pressing on my butt. Gotta do what you gotta do. :)

hope you're feeling better!
  • @nancysimp You can try foam rolling or using a tennis ball in the area to release your piriformis. With all of the shifting going on in the pelvis sometimes it's the piriformis pressing on your sciatic nerve vs. true sciatica. Hope you can get feeling better soon!!
  • @ksmwalters thanks for tip! Will try this.
  • Went to bed wanting to cry due to back pain from walking with the kids.. woke up now wanting to cry because my pubic bone truly may shatter. Oh and heartburn.. because.. pumpkin shaped pizza. Worth it, it’s worth it.
  • The kicks...my God! I habe had anterior placentas in my previous pregnancies, so never felt them like this. It legitimately hurts sometimes. Also, my pelvic bone is just aching.
  • My boobs and belly are SOOOOO itchy! Oh my gosh this is awful. Everything says PUPPS is more common with multiples.... booooo :( will see doc on the 7th. Anybody been diagnosed with PUPPS? What are you doing for relief?
  • I'm starting to wonder if I need to ask them to test my iron levels at my next appointment. I'm cold allllllll the time lately. Like I'm sitting in my house in sweater-material joggers, a sweatshirt, and slippers with socks. It's like 61 outside. I'm only warm because I'm drinking hot chocolate. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm definitely one of those either hot or cold people when not pregnant but with only a few exceptions I've been running way colder this whole pregnancy. It's so weird.
  • I'm starting to wonder if I need to ask them to test my iron levels at my next appointment. I'm cold allllllll the time lately. Like I'm sitting in my house in sweater-material joggers, a sweatshirt, and slippers with socks. It's like 61 outside. I'm only warm because I'm drinking hot chocolate. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm definitely one of those either hot or cold people when not pregnant but with only a few exceptions I've been running way colder this whole pregnancy. It's so weird.
    Yes, me too! Especially a few times when DH and I ate outside at a restaurant, we'd finish eating and I'd be shaking and numb fingers cold. and that was when it was still in the 60's. Now it's in the mid-40s here and I'm already dressing like it's winter. Got out my hat and gloves yesterday.  :( 
    I've always been a person who 'runs cold' but this is ridiculous. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I’ve had heartburn for over an hour now. Ugh. 

Also, my boobs hurt. A lot.