January 2018 Moms

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @caeilievalor That is not the thing to say to a pregnant lady. I would have gone all hormonal pregnant lady on her. 
  • Options
    Oh no @kelk5! You can't catch a break :( I hope you feel better!

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    Thanks @missblaze! How are you feeling? Has your cough let up yet?
  • Options
    @caeilievalor yes I'm over people commenting on how I look. MIL told me yesterday "gee you look so much bigger than you did when I saw you 3 days ago" thanks lady in pretty much Shamu right now.

@kelk5 me too girl. I've fought off 2 colds in the past 4 weeks and threw up with diarrhea last week. Sunday I woke up with a terrible sore throat and headache. Was up most of the night congested. Now I have so much mucous and I can't take anything!!! Uhh. And I need to save my PTO and sick time.
  • Options
    @kelk5 I'm feeling MUCH better and I am so, so thankful that I didn't catch the horrible stomach virus that DD had last week :( Sending you healthy vibes!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @burnsmommy27 being preggars through the sick season just sucks. I'm with you on trying to save sick time and PTO. I used a humidifier last night and I think it helped a little. 

So glad to hear you are feeling better @missblaze
  • Options
    @missblaze was just wondering how you and your DD were doing! Glad you're better.

@kelk5 hope you're over it soon! 
  • Options
    Add me to the sickness train...except it's not me, it's poor DD. Is there ANYTHING worse than a sick baby? She was up from about midnight to 5 throwing up every 45 minutes on Saturday. So...I got about two hours of sleep the whole night. DH had to work OT on Sunday at 4 am, so I sent him to bed while I handled the sickness. I was an emotional wreck all night. Sleep deprivation and watching your LO being so miserable is not a good combo. Thankfully, she was a happy girl all day Sunday. No more throwing up, but she's still fighting a fever. DH is home with her today. I'm kind of jealous he gets the snuggles all day (although I got them yesterday while HE worked), but I need to save up my PTO! 
    Hope you feel better soon, @kelk5 and @burnsmommy27!
  • Options
    @schaze DD is feeling so much better! She was still having diarrhea last Monday but no fever since the AM. She was back to normal on Tuesday and returned to school on Wednesday. We didn't get a normal poop out of her until Thursday but she's been good since then. But she lost 1.5lbs while sick, which makes me so sad. She's skinny to begin with, and now all I see are ribs. I've been trying to get lots of protein and healthy fats in her!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    One of our developers added in a fun little Halloween feature in one of our systems where a trail of various themed items will follow your mouse around (pumpkins, zombies, ghosts, etc) and while it's oh so much fun and I usually don't mind it (he's done it the last couple of years), it's making me rage today. There's no way to disable it and it's giving me serious motion sickness and it's the system I use the most and have to be in all day today. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 ugh that would drive me nuts too!

I've been getting really annoyed lately because a few of the phone apps I use on a regular basis are getting terrible updates. The one that sucks the most is the new Amazon kindle app. They got rid of the carousel and now you can't organize your books or delete expired library books. Most of the homepage is dedicated to books they are recommending. Ugh - this what happens when developers get directions from a business unit instead of the actual users of an app. 
  • Options
    I slept with the humidifier too @kelk5. And yes I agree being pregnant during the sick winter season is HARD.

poor thing @cyanope. Hope she feels better soon. Its so hard watching them be miserable. 
  • Options
    We had an epic windstorm overnight and like half the state is without power. :(It's expected to take a while to get back on. 

I'm glad my baby's still inside.
  • Options

My MBF is to students who make last minute appointments. It's a no, folks... but half the time I say yes. They have a form due to me tomorrow (they've known for WEEKS), and their coach emailed them at 7 AM that they will be made to run if they don't get it in. So guess who suddenly has to squeeze in 25+ meetings when she literally has zero time? The woman who is over 30 weeks pregnant! 

...I guess my real MBF is to the coach. You couldn't have sent that reminder last week? 

@lmmjd  I’ve had some dreams similar to that—and they’ve stuck with me. Boo! And I’m sorry, if the heat isn’t working, they should let you go home.

@caeilievalor  I just expect that from people from this point on… And in mid-late December they just pity you. Whatevs.

@kelk5  Feel better. Pregnancy + sickness is the worst.

@cyanope glad DD is feeling better… absolutely nothing worse than a sick baby! It always stops me in my tracks and puts everything in perspective.

@darkrose88  YES. I have grown to HATE updates. Never better. (Well, sometimes, but rarely)

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @auntieraindrop oh no. I hope y'all get power back soon and that it isn't too cold yet.
  • Options
    I just noticed that the gif in the OP that wasn't showing up originally is now there, so there are 2 gifs, and TB won't let me edit.This is such a Monday. DD is either not eating because she's cutting 4 teeth, or because she's just on a food strike. Either way, I'm not thrilled.
  • Options
    It's not that cold yet, thankfully. We had 70+ mph winds overnight. My screen door blew off, my parents roof is messed up, and I do not know where I'm going to take my next shower. BUT. It's not that cold yet.
  • Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and throw myself into the MBF - I have SO much work to do but Z E R O motivation. I am an EA and my boss leaves for Australia on the 11th of Nov and I want to be sure I get everything done for him in the event I go out early (bed rest... anything) but I Just. don't. want to.
  • Options
    @schaze DD is cutting her canine teeth. She's miserable and refusing to sleep. On Saturday she was up from 730 am to 630 pm and took zero naps. I feel your pain, I hate teething
  • Options
    @Mudge85 That just is me now, and I don't see it changing. I get about 3 hours (total) of motivation a week now (usually Thursday morning if I don't take the day off). I power through some things then but other than that, I have ZERO motivation. Like, I should be working NOW...
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    edited October 2017
    Yep, @missblaze! I really don't know what he's thinking. Just because she seems totally normal does not mean that her immune system is back up to capacity. I just think he sees it as a day off where he gets to have fun with DD (he doesn't get a lot of those). I'm glad they're spending time together, but he could have chosen a more appropriate sick-day activity!
    ETA: his reasoning is that he wanted to get her out of the house and get some fresh air because she has been cooped up. Okay...then take her on a walk or something. Not the zoo!
  • Options
    @cyanope I can see my husband doing something similar. Good intentions but not quite thinking it all the way through. Hopefully she continues to feel good and they don't over do it
  • Options
    BMF is this electric meter system we started using at work this year. About 60% of what the sales lady told us has turned out to be flat wrong, it keeps losing connectivity, the configuration process (that said sales lady didn't even mention) is a bitch, and now it turns out that the "super simple annual data storage" is going to be anything but, given the way we actually want to use the program. And they took three freakin' weeks and multiple emails to even get back to me to tell me that. Ughhhh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    Seriously, @burnsmommy27! The thought is sweet...but let the kid rest!
    Thankfully, they were only there for two hours, and DD is at home napping now. DH told me they rode the bus and just looked at the animals from there most of the time, so he did take it easy with her. Plus he told me she was saying, "I having fun!" the whole time, so I can't get too mad at him. Unless she has a relapse. Then I'll be PISSED! 
  • Options
    That's so cute "I having fun"!!
  • Options
    Y'all, I swear people in my office are having a competition to see who can make me snap before I go on leave. Too much to type but I'm just really tired of incompetent people. My day ended pretty much the same way it started which was dealing with people who can't do their jobs.