February 2018 Moms

Weekend ticker change 10/28 & 10/29

If your EDD is 2/3, 2/4, 2/10, 2/11, 2/17, 2/18, 2/24, or 2/25 post here!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What hobby would you get into if time or money weren't an issue?

Re: Weekend ticker change 10/28 & 10/29

• 1) 22 + 2 with our angel. And 25 +1 with our little fighter. 

2) I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a month. Our surviving twin is doing really well and growing. His heart issues are almost completely resolved! Now we just have to grow him and keep me from going into pre-term labor again.

3) We have a growth scan on Thursday. 

4) none. I'm just thankful to be still trucking along. 

5) I wish I could blow tons of money on photography gear! 
  • @meatballs37 I'm so happy to see you here! I'm glad you are feeling hopeful and your little fighter is growing well. I'm not good at knowing what to say so I won't say too much but I'm so sorry for what you've been through and glad that you are on the other side of it now. *all the internet hugs*

1) 23 weeks today. Size of a mango or bunch of grapes.

2) Ever-present heartburn but other nothing much pregnancy related.I was in a car accident Tuesday but both baby and I have been checked and are perfectly fine (thank god! I was pretty stressed about that) but just have sore back and neck and knees which is pretty expected for any car accident and probably the minimum you can get away with so that's good news really.

3)Just chiropractor appointments related to accident, not pregnancy. They actually feel really good. 

4) I think I have felt the baby finally! I think I have had the feeling before but just didn't recognize it so it wasn't as excited as I expected more like "Oh, that's probably the baby". But it's still cool. I feel like it's more like a muscle spasm, like when your eyelid is moving or a spot on your arm is moving gently, less like a flutter or popcorn or what have you. Or, sorry if it's TMI, but like when you are sitting in tight jeans and fart, feels like the air moving through the fabric. :D Very subtle though.

5) @meatballs37 that's funny I was thinking of photography too! I am graphic designer so I always thought it would be nice to have nice camera and lighting stuff to take my own photos or to sell stock photography and such. To pick something else, I would say pilates classes or yoga or something like that. I used to do those when I was younger and my parents paid for things. Now I feel like I can't afford classes and don't really have time. But it felt good.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. 23 weeks

2. Still feeling tired, also still feeling paranoid with the cerclage and every weird symptom. 

3. No appointments this week, then one a week for 3 weeks. 

4. I can feel her move which still surprises me sometimes. 

5. Probably baking. I would love to have a bakery 
  • I always miss the weekend ticker change on the weekend so here I am Monday morning. It's probably because I'm attached to my computer all week so I barely turn it on all weekend. 

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    25 +1 today. Baby is the size of a cauliflower. I still really have a hard time wrapping my head around this fruit/veggie comparison every week. I look down at my belly, imagine a cauliflower in there then start sweating profusely because a cauliflower is pretty big and theres still like 14 weeks to go. haha I know it's just a measurement in inches or whatever but I don't visualize like this haha 

2) How are you feeling?
    My stomach feels much much heavier this time around. I don't remember feeling this pregnant at this point with my son but I had my gallbladder removed at 18 weeks when I was pregnant before so I think at this point I still had healing incision sights, was possibly on pain medication and the stretching of all those things was pretty painful so maybe I just didn't notice the heaviness/soreness and Braxton Hicks. It seems like I'm not alone in these the feelings of achy-ness etc. based on the symptoms thread. Otherwise, heartburn is pretty standard and the newest thing is ravenous hunger followed by periods of complete aversion to food. I guess it's better than the JUST complete aversion to food I was having at the beginning into the 2nd trimester. 

3) Any appointments this week?
    No appointments until my GD test at 27 weeks 5 days. Still very nervous about this. I think because of the new ravenous hunger and my desire for donuts/desserts this past week I'm scared. I guess what will be will be though so I should just hope for the best but prepare for anything and try to eat a little better these next two weeks... step 1... less Boston Cream donuts haha

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: Major storm overnight up here in New England. I mostly slept through the worst of it but it was definitely a little scary laying in bed listening to the tree outside our house sway back and forth before falling down. Then a transformer blew...which was pretty terrifying. I'm pleasantly surprised we have power and SUPER grateful we survived this storm with no damage. Added bonus: the hoodsie cups I have in the freezer for the pajama/harvest party at daycare tomorrow won't melt  I'm going to save my rant(s) for Monday Bitchfest. 

5) GTKY: What hobby would you get into if time or money weren't an issue?
    I'm technically DOING the hobby I would get into if money weren't an issue. Writing for 'fun' and self-publishing purposes. Other than that.. I have intentions to sometime maybe this summer open an Etsy craft shop. I hand painted wooden name letters for both my son's new Mickey Mouse bedroom and the new baby's nursery. I've done these projects for just about every friend I have who is expecting and they all tell me to put 'em up on Etsy and make some money. So, once we are in the groove with baby, it'll be my nap time project I think. 
  • 1) 25+2 today

2) Feeling very fine since end of 1st trimester. I am carrying very high so I am still in my normal trousers, no maternity clothes yet (I have them  :s). @meatballs37 made me so very much thankful, in one of her post she mentioned how she never took it as blessing to have an uncomplicated pregnancy with her DD. This is my 2nd and all are smooth, and her story touched me and made me so much thankful to God than I used to. I always pray for you mama.

3. No appointment this week, I have one next week. 

4. All is well I do really thank God

5. Photography lover here too