Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday - October 25

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - October 25

• Good morning!

Are you benched or TTA?  TTA.

What brings you here?  I need to talk to some like minded women and calm the crazy.

How long do you think you'll be here?  Hopefully we can start trying soon.  Had a great talk with DH last night about timelines and I really think it will be in the next few months.

How have things been going?  Tough for me.  I feel like there is no "perfect time" and we never know how long things will ever take so I don't want to wait.  I'm impatient and really hate not getting my way haha.

Any R/R?  I had 2 people (a friend and my MIL) talk to me about TTA completely unsolicited yesterday.  Both with very different views and neither of them helpful.  They were super judgey and just made me feel worse about our situation.  I wish people would stay out of my ute's business.

GTKY: I like surprises because you know that people have gone out of their way and done something for you that they think you will love and want to make it special.  But like I said above I'm an impatient person and would much rather know everything all the time.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA

What brings you here?
    Killing time and meeting folks

Until May ‘18

Pretty good. This has been a stressful week, but it seems to either be super busy or super slow.

Any R/R?
    Not right now

I’m a planner by nature, but I like some aspects of things to be a surprise. I guess I like knowing there’s a surprise but not knowing what it is. But otherwise the unknown just makes me worry. I need a plan for things.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • @mermaidca I feel you about there not being a perfect time! My GF and I had been putting it off for YEARS waiting for the right time, and finally we were just like...we have to do this. I hope you start trying soon!

Are you benched or TTA?
    Benched

What brings you here?
    The babies!!! They are on my brain! But seriously, we're starting ttc next cycle. And there's waiiiiting.

Not long I hope! I'll probably stick at least through November because of how we won't be *proper* trying til December earliest. 

Pretty alright! My GF had her preconception OBGYN appointment yesterday and it went really well! We've got things to look for with her PCOS and we don't have to wait as long for IF treatment if we can confirm she's not ovulating after 3 or 4 cycles. 

Any R/R?
    I have a sinus headache & I'm very grumpy about it. 

I haaaaaate surprises. I handle holiday and birthday surprises alright because I'm prepared for them so I know I'm not supposed to know, but in general I really don't like surprises. I always get upset that something is being kept from me!
    me: trans man, 27 | fiance: 31
  • Hey friends!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Being able to commiserate with people who are also waiting!

How long do you think you'll be here? In the waiting room til December but I plan to stick around BOTB while TTC too, cause I like you guys.

How have things been going? Good! I scheduled my appointment to get my IUD removed on 11/30 and I'm starting to get excited. I told MH I was planning to schedule it, and he was like "sure go ahead," but after I told him I had actually done it, I think things got more real for him, haha. Also started taking prenatals last week - I got the Nature Made ones with DHA, so far they are fine, no nausea or fishy taste, but the pills are kind of enormous. I might have to find a smaller one.

Any R/R? The pregnancy announcements never stop, you guys. Friends from high school, friends from college, my coworker, and an old friend just gave birth to her first baby yesterday. Very happy for all of these people, but the jealousy is real!

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I do okay with surprises. I usually like it best if I know there's going to be *something* happening, and I just don't know what - like, "we're going out for your birthday, but the location is a surprise!"  Out of the blue surprises sometimes catch me off guard and I don't always know how to react, haha.

@mermaidca Why is it that so many people want to give their opinions about other people's reproductive status?? I will never understand that. How frustrating for you to get it from 2 people back to back like that.

@meggyme I'm with you on surprises. I do better with a plan!

@lionwholived Glad your GF's appointment went well! As a fellow PCOS-er I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for her, and you too of course while you help her through the process.
  • @diaphena She says thanks and wishes you luck as well! (and so do I)
    me: trans man, 27 | fiance: 31
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? You ladies :) 

How long do you think you'll be here? Well...hopefully only until Dec! See below.

How have things been going? Not horrible...we were supposed to be trying in Nov, but my cycle lined up weird so then we pushed it to Dec. But now DH didn't get his expected raise this month, and it may screw it up for next year as well (he has a meeting Monday, so FX they fix it!). We're kind of basing our TTC around his raises so we know we'll be okay financially when baby is born, so idk if we'll push it back a couple more months or not :/ HOWEVER, if all goes well with that, we may be able to start at the very end of November since I O'd a week earlier than expected this cycle!

Any R/R?

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I like good surprises! They always make me smile knowing that someone thought of me.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Fingers crossed for your DH! They certainly owe him better treatment than what he's gotten so far so hopefully they make it up to him on Monday!
  • Thanks @diaphena! And yes, he is one of their hardest workers even though he's still working his way up the "food chain". So many other employees that are higher levels than him slack off and lie on their time sheets, meanwhile DH is always looking for new stuff to do, that's just who he is. If possible he could probably skip the next two levels (9 & 11) and go straight to a 12, but he has to be each level for a year before being eligible to move up :/ I'm really hoping they get this all fixed, TTC or not it's just not fair to him. But selfishly I don't want to wait any longer for baby #2 lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @maureenmce - So sorry about your loss. *creepy internet stranger hugs* happy to see you, but not for this reason.  :'(

PS - happy late birthday!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @maureenmce Welcome back. Glad to see that you're feeling up to joining us again. When is your next appt with your endocrinologist? Hopefully you'll get the go ahead then.
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited October 2017
    @diaphena I see her Nov 15th and I should've had my period by then, so FX I get the all clear!  My thyroid numbers have been a bit wonky lately, so I'm not sure it'll work out that way, but I'm hopeful!
  • So sorry @maureenmce. Glad to see you again but not for this reason. FX your appointment brings good news for you!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @maureenmce I'm sorry to see you back here for that reason :( . I hope you have your rainbow baby soon.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers