Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/ TTA check in week of 10/24

Hi ladies, I haven’t seen one of these in a while and I figured there might be some TTGP’ers out there who needed this space. I hope it’s okay if I post this

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: what is your favorite scary or non-scary Halloween movie?

Re: Benched/ TTA check in week of 10/24

• Loading the player...
  • Big freaking hugs to both of you...I'm so sorry y'all are going through this ❤ Life can be so unfair. 

@holly321 FX that you only have to wait six months. I'm glad that you gave an update. I had been wondering how you were doing. 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @offtoneverland I'm sorry for your loss but happy that you are out of limbo and have a good plan going forward!
    @holly321 I'm sorry you'll be waiting longer than you hoped.  That must be frustrating.

Are you benched or TTA?  TTA.

What brings you here?  Waiting for DH to give the green light.  Waiting on a few things in life to settle and come together.

How long do you think you'll be here?  Hopefully only a few months.

How have things been going?  Not too great.  Yesterday one of my friends and my MIL both gave me very unsolicited and rude advice about TTA.  They were on opposite sides of the argument to wait or not and it just made me more upset.  I'm impatient and know that TTC can be a long road and having random people tell me what I "should" be doing is really aggravating.

Any R/R/CS/Q?  My rant is that work has been so slow lately so I'm just constantly on here reading pages and pages back.  At least if I were busy I could keep my mind off other things.

GTKY: Is The Nightmare Before Christmas a Halloween or a Christmas movie?  I like that one but don't know if I watch it at the right time...?  Of course, Hocus Pocus is a classic.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh @holly321 that is so frustrating. My heart goes out to you right now. Waiting 1-2 years after chemo seems like such a long road and I hope your recovery is so quick you don't have to face that. Hugs friend.

• @holly321 I'm so sorry you got that news. That is such a long time to wait and would be so frustrating. I have everything crossed for you that you'll be able to try again after 6 months. On a lighter note, DH and I just watched Tremors a couple of months ago. I had never seen it before. It was hilariously weird and so fun to watch.
    @mermaidca I'm sorry about the unsolicited TTA advice. It's so annoying when people butt in without permission. Hopefully your work picks up soon so you can get your mind off things!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Hugs to all of you that are benched. Hopefully your time in this thread is short. I debated whether or not to jump into this thread since we are TTA for timing purposes, but I wanted to contribute to more than just the randoms threads.

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Killing time until DH is ready.

How long do you think you'll be here? May/June 2018

Any R/R/CS/Q? Things are going alright. I’ve been worried about money a lot lately. DH and I agreed we’ll TTA until after a big vacation we have planned next year, which is turning out to be a lot more expensive than I thought and I feel like we’re spending money left and right. And trying to reign DH’s credit card in is a struggle.

+1 for Hocus Pocus.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @KariAnn323 I also apologize. I skimmed the top post and thought I understood the purpose of this thread.

I just felt bad taking part just the fun times thread and wanted to participate and be able to support and get to know some of the ladies in the other threads, but I obviously didn’t fully understand the point of this one. I’m sorry.
  • Sorry I’m late to this party!

@offtoneverland Again I’m really sorry for your loss and am so glad that you’re feeling positive about everything!

@holly321 I am so truly sorry that you got this news, I’m thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that your wait is as short as possible!

@mermaidca sorry about the unwanted advice, I’d just try and distract them and leave the room so they can carry on between themselves nobody needs that drama.

@meggyme have you guys got specific markers set to meet before you start trying? Like a specific amount in the bank etc I’d just be worried that if you don’t have a set goal to work towards it can easily be pushed back again and again.

Are you benched or TTA? 
    Benched.

What brings you here? 
    **TW loss** Miscarriage 3 weeks ago at 9 weeks. **End TW**

Hopefully just for a cycle or two but we haven’t really discussed how we’re doing emotionally after this loss yet.

Generally okay, I feel like I’m starting to get emotional but I’m optimistic that I can handle if.

Any R/R/CS/Q? 
    I’m a bit stressed that more people know that we’ve had another loss now. If I had my way I wouldn’t tell anyone right now but Fi has told his family and several of his friends. I understand that he needs the support from these people but I would feel more comfortable not telling anyone right now.

I love scary movies! Imma say the paranormal activity movies and the conjuring/ Annabelle movies are the best kind of scary for me.
  • @CraftyG *TW child mentioned* we are planning to start ttc so that DD will be at least 2.5 when #2 comes along.*end TW*  We also planned a big vacation with friends for May, so that is our big baby moon trip before we pull my implant out and start TTC. It also gives me something to take my mind off the wait.
  • Are you benched or TTA? 

Benched.

What brings you here?

MC in August. I had been trying to post in the dailies and felt out of place being benched. 

3rd cycle AL so hoping to get doctor go ahead in another cycle after some testing.

Overall, not the worst. DH and I talked about where we’re both at and we’re feeling ready to try again. We're waiting on some testing my OB wants to do just to take every precaution she can. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? Several rants, but it’s Friday. 

GTKY: what is your favorite scary or non-scary Halloween movie?  Oh! I forgot about Halloweentown. I'll pick that one. I loved it as a kid.

@Spottedginger: Thanks for restarting this! It’s helpful to see there are others in similar situations.

@offtoneverland: I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like it's been a rollercoaster.

@Holly321: Hope your recovery is quick. FX you’ll be able to try in 6 months!

@CraftyG: It took me about two months until I was ready to tell people. Personally, it’s resulted in an outpouring of love from friends that I had no idea had gone through a MC. Having that support has really helped me. Definitely take your time though. 

• @CraftyG That's frustrating that you and YH are not on the same page about who to tell about your losses. Do they treat you any different now that they know? Have you talked to him about how you feel about it? I hope that you guys will get to a place where you can discuss the recent loss and find out how you both are doing emotionally and when you can start trying again. Definitely take your time getting there so that you'll be in a good headspace. Also, in response to your GTKY, I don't like scary movies at all!  :#
    @lunapup Good luck with your testing! I'm glad that you're starting to feel okay emotionally and ready to try again. Hopefully the testing goes quickly for you. About the GTKY, I found the digital copy of Halloweentown on Amazon for $3.99 and think I'm going to buy it! I really want to watch it!
    @holly321 Please let us know how your OBGyn appointment goes next week!
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @BusinessWife I had no idea about the old benched/BAL threads. Thanks for pointing it out! It does sound like a good idea to separate them, since as you said, the challenges that come along with the reasons for being benched are very different. We can try separating them this week to see how it goes, unless anyone has any issues with that. Since I've only been on TTGP for a few months, I'm not sure if there was a reason the Benched/BAL threads were combined in the first place, so maybe I'm missing some requisite knowledge! It doesn't seem like these threads are used super often, so perhaps that's why they were combined? I do also totally agree that the TTA thread should be separate. It doesn't really make sense to combine them imho. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @lunapup @holly321 @offtoneverland thanks ladies I find your comments really reassuring and helpful! It’s just difficult isn’t it because at the end of the day everyone grieves differently and what will help one person may not help another. We’ve talked about it and I’ve said that I understand he needs that support so he can tell his family etc when he feels ready to but I don’t want to discuss it with them. I don’t really know why I’m worried about them knowing, maybe it just hasn’t really sunk in for me yet so then it’s weird that other people know? Anyway im ranting haha!

Also what’s the difference between benched and benched AL?
  • Just lurking to say that the Benched/TTA thread was always together? It was never separate threads?

And the TTA portion was meant for people who had started TTGP,  been a part of the community, and needed to TTA for whatever reason. This thread was my home for two years while I wanted to still stay a part of the community and give support to my friends, but didn't fit in the dailies. If I was pushed to my own thread, it would have been a completely selfish check in 99% of the time because there were only a few instances where other TTGP members had to TTA for a cycle or two.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2. No, it was definitely broken down separately for a time when we had the traffic to support it.  Which we maybe don't always?

@CraftyG. Benched / Benched After Loss  :'(
  • @BusinessWife oh that makes sense, sorry my brain did not connect those dots!