Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

13 month old

HI everyone, I hope I am posting this in the right place.  My daughter will be 13 months in a few days and over the last week she's been extra needy (she did get her shots 2 weeks ago and had a fever about 10 days later for 3 days followed by a mild rash) but she never acted like this before. If I walk away for a second, she cries.  if she trips, she cries.. sometimes she cries for no reason.. these aren't "real" cries either.. I can't figure out what this is.. a phase? a reaction to shots then being sick for a few days? I'm a FTM so I know nothing  thanks for listening. 

Re: 13 month old

• HI everyone, I hope I am posting this in the right place.  My daughter will be 13 months in a few days and over the last week she's been extra needy (she did get her shots 2 weeks ago and had a fever about 10 days later for 3 days followed by a mild rash) but she never acted like this before. If I walk away for a second, she cries.  if she trips, she cries.. sometimes she cries for no reason.. these aren't "real" cries either.. I can't figure out what this is.. a phase? a reaction to shots then being sick for a few days? I'm a FTM so I know nothing  thanks for listening. 
    Have you heard of the wonder weeks developmental leaps? I think there is one around this age. They have a nice app for tracking and knowing what to expect. Other than that it could be an illness (it’s getting to be cold and flu season), or even teething making her generally more cranky. Whatever it is, it is always a phase and it will soon give way to some new challenge. Good luck.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Agree that it's probably a phase (or maybe teething).  Mine will be extra clingy for a couple of weeks and then be way more independent for a little while.
  • Loading the player...
  • thank you I have to find that app!