February 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 10/27

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  

2) How are you feeling?  

3) Any appointments this week?  

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  

5) GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so- what costume will you wear?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 10/27

• Options
    24 weeks! the size of a cantaloupe! 

2) How are you feeling?  
    I've been feeling good! Definitely slowing down and becoming tired faster but still good overall!

I have my glucose test on Monday! Wish me luck!

I am dressing up as a pirate at work (teacher) but I won't dress up when we take our LO out trick or treating!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  24 weeks, a cantaloupe 

2) How are you feeling?  Pretty good. The worst symptoms are RPL and heartburn.

3) Any appointments this week?  Had my thyroid checked again this week and my levels are back where they should be.

5) GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so- what costume will you wear?  I have a jack o’lantern shirt I’ll wear to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

26 weeks and baby is Kale?? Love it.

2) How are you feeling?  

Feeling great! Have to remember to stay hydrated and avoid doing too much at once to prevent Braxton Hicks, but otherwise, can’t complain!

Nothing until Nov 15th.

Am I the only person to not have a registry, have practically nothing done in the nursery, no scheduled hospital tour, etc? Im feeling so behind. Hoping to use the next 4 days off to get some of it done.

We had a little Halloween get together at our house tonight. I wore a white tshirt with “Wilson” from the movie Castaway drawn on. 

• Options
    25 weeks- acorn squash or cauliflower 
    2) How are you feeling?  
    okay- heartburn remains to plague me most of the time but otherwise feeling fine!

checkup coming up this week 

I feel very  unprepared too, @nightnurse92
    - no baby items purchased , just now starting a major renovation that mayyyy or may not be done by the time baby arrives , no classes booked.... I cannot believe it's almost November.

5)GTKY: Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so- what costume will you wear?
    probably wearing a witch hat and black dress- the easy fallback costume I use when I haven't had time or energy to get a costume by Halloween
  • Options
    24 weeks cantelope

2) How are you feeling?  
    Real good just regular tiredness

Have one on Halloween!

I've been baking and starting to clean out the nursery to be, hoping this energy sticks around long enough for me to make some progress

I will wear some Halloween themed clothes but don't have a costume.
  • Options

26 weeks and baby is Kale?? Love it.

2) How are you feeling?  

Feeling great! Have to remember to stay hydrated and avoid doing too much at once to prevent Braxton Hicks, but otherwise, can’t complain!

Nothing until Nov 15th.

Am I the only person to not have a registry, have practically nothing done in the nursery, no scheduled hospital tour, etc? Im feeling so behind. Hoping to use the next 4 days off to get some of it done.

We had a little Halloween get together at our house tonight. I wore a white tshirt with “Wilson” from the movie Castaway drawn on. 

**STUCK IN BOX**

You're not the only one... I would say to start your registry when you can (even if it is just online at target) because after so many days they give you a completion coupon of 15% off. Mine won't be available until Dec. 22 and I started my registry 3 weeks ago. 

• Options
    24 weeks- eggplant I think.

2) How are you feeling?  
    Achy/heavy in lower abdomen, sleeping better at night, and heartburn is only at night but tums helps. I have random moments where I just want to break down and cry, but they pass very quickly.

Wednesday, 24 week appointment. Then another November 29th. After that I think it is every 2 weeks? 

I have a big urge to have my house organized/put together before this baby comes. Not sure if that will happen as I have 3 levels of house to go through :P 
    Rant- maternity leave policies/insurance in the US is awful. I have 10 weeks of "sick days" saved up through my work, but am only aloud to use 6 weeks because after that I will be making a choice to stay home... so I can't use "sick days" for that. Ridiculous... why else save them up over the years? I get paid $11 per day when I retire... but yet they don't want us to take all of our sick days in a year... silly policies.

I am wearing whatever fits ;) This is our 3rd, and last pregnancy. We did not plan this one and got rid of EVERYTHING maternity/baby related as our youngest is almost 4. I cringe at spending any more money on maternity items and pray that what I have will get me through until this baby comes. Oh the joys! ;) 

• Options
    @neener*neener* how annoying is that kind of sick leave rules!! Having a baby takes time to recover! Do you only get 6 weeks off? Or do you have a set amount of maternity leave too on top of that? 
  • Options
    @neener*neener* thanks for the tip! I had heard of these coupons but didnt know it took so long for them to be available. That’s first on my list of to-dos this week.

As far as maternity leave policies. The hospital system I work for actually isn’t too bad. We have to use 2 weeks of PTO initially then short term disability for 4 weeks. After that, if we choose to use anymore PTO that is up to us. They give use 120 hours of PTO to use. Maximum they will let you stay out for is 12 weeks. I’m already dreading going back. Can’t imagine being forced to go back after just 6 weeks!
  • Options
    I'm back. I did a re-intro. I was here until week 8, but went on hiatus.

24 weeks. Cantaloupe 

2) How are you feeling?  
    Fine, never had " pregnant symptoms" which partly led to my anxiety of MC...but she's still here...little but healthy. 

24 week check on the 31st. Glucose lab nov 4th. 

I feel completely normal... That's my rant and rave. 

An orange crayon.
  • Options
    @nightnurse92 I'm glad you are able to have a bit more maternity leave! I couldn't imagine going back to work after 6 weeks or even 12 weeks but I guess it's life and you figure things out quickly! 

@Chawk17 glad to have you back!! Glad everything's okay with you and your little one
  • Options
    kbrinks2 said:
    @neener*neener* how annoying is that kind of sick leave rules!! Having a baby takes time to recover! Do you only get 6 weeks off? Or do you have a set amount of maternity leave too on top of that? 
    I can take up to a year off and my job will be protected, but I have to give up my insurance after 12 weeks and I will only get paid for 6 weeks of my leave regardless of how long I take off. 

I am taking 12 weeks off. That will put me going back to work 2-4 days before school gets out... so I'm going to use my 4 personal days for that time. I'll essentially have off Feb-Aug as long as this little guy doesn't come early.. I'm a teacher, so I have June & July off for summer break. I also want to stay on my insurance, that is why I have to use the personal days at the end :expressionless:
  • Options
    @neener*neener* that totally makes sense!! And luckily you get until August off which will be awesome bonding time!! 
  • Options
    @neener*neener*
    When do you get out of school? We get 12 weeks too, but I'm taking 10 weeks. She's due Feb 16, so I'll come back May 14....but our school doesn't get out til June 13.  H  teaches too so he's going paternity May 14- June 13.
    Do you start early August or late August? 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    @neener*neener*
    When do you get out of school? We get 12 weeks too, but I'm taking 10 weeks. She's due Feb 16, so I'll come back May 14....but our school doesn't get out til June 13.  H  teaches too so he's going paternity May 14- June 13.
    Do you start early August or late August? 
    We are on a "balanced calendar" I will actually get 14 weeks since we have a 2 week spring break and it won't count against my 12 weeks. My due date is Feb 16. If I go until then, 60 day leave will put me coming back on May 29th. We get out may 30th. We start school 1st week of aug. 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  24 weeks, canteloupe

2) How are you feeling?  My abdomen aches, especially lower abs. All the time.

3) Any appointments this week?  Nope.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm getting annoyed by the bombardment of emails from baby center/what to expect/ovia telling me how important it is to exercise while pregnant. I get it, but if I'm in pain from just walking around normally, how am I supposed to exercise? It doesn't feel safe. So stop making me feel guilty. I'm just in a salty mood today.

We dress up the dogs. Our furry one looks like the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, so that's his costume. Our other dog will be the emperor from Star Wars. Next year we're doing a Star Wars theme for the whole family. But we can't let kids ring our doorbell this year because it freaks out the dogs too much so there's no need for me to dress up.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited October 2017
    @neener*neener* that makes sense. We usually go back last week in august- thru mid June. We only get 1 week spring break. Jealous. 
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited October 2017
    @nightnurse92 We did do the hospital tour, just to get it out of the way, and we signed up for a one day birthing class this weekend (I feel like it's really early, but it fit into both of our schedules).  On the other hand, I have not started a registry or bought ANYTHING for  the baby yet.  I told myself November was my month to get  that stuff started.

ETA: @eggplantface I'm with you on the working out guilt.  I was a total fitness nut (runner, cyclist. triathlete...) before, but I am so freaking tired these days that I can't get myself to  the gym.  Plus, I'm nervous about doing anything too intense (If I were still in my 20s or early 30s I'd still be running or swimming, but I'm neither of those, so I'm taking it easy). I worked out yesterday for the first time in a month and made it through half of my prenatal workout.  Then I made the mistake of reading the Activity Accountability thread and needed to remind myself that I am doing what feels best  for me.  That said, I am going to make a concerted effort to get to more yoga classes.