TTC after 35
Options

Anyone with a Septate or bicornuate Uterus?? TW

ndz2018ndz2018 member
edited October 2017 in TTC after 35
Hey everyone! So we went to our first RE appointment today and she saw two cavities. She said I either have a septate or bicornuate uterus. We won’t know for sure until I get my HGS test and saline sono.
I know my first cousin has a bicornate uterus and TW she couldn’t carry either of her children to term END TW.
I understand that with a septate uterus they can shave it down and the procedure is pretty simple the dr said. Has anyone had this done?? And went on to conceive??
and for the bicornate uterus’s out there have any of you had normal pregnancies?
Thanks everyone. 

Re: Anyone with a Septate or bicornuate Uterus?? TW

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    I've had neither so I'm no help but I was thinking you might want to get if fixed if that's suggested before moving to IVF.  My thinking is only based on what if it causes a loss for you - something to consider to ask your dr.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I’ve been researching and if it’s septate ill 100% get it fixed! If it’s bicornuate I have no choice it’s just the way my uterus is shaped.. I can still conceive just more of a chance of a potential loss Or preterm Labor. As my cousin has it and both her TW kids were like 6-7 weeks early END TW. So let’s keep our FX it’s a septate! If I would just get my DAMN AF we can move forward with the tests!!