May 2018 Moms

Halloween Fun: Ghost Stories

Even though I technically don't believe in ghosts, I love a good ghost story! Anyone have one to share? 
Me: 36 DH: 36
TTC #1 since September 2015
*TW*
BFP #1: CP, April 2016
BFP #2: 10/5/16, MMC 11/3/16 at 7w5d (embryo stopped @ ~6 weeks), misoprostol 11/11/16 (EDD 6/16/17)
Dx: Luteal phase defect, uterine polyps, stage 2 endometriosis, low morphology
Uterine polyp removal (laparoscopy) 3/28/17
BFP #3: 6/19/17, MMC 7/11/17 at 6w3d, misoprostol 7/17/17 (EDD 3/1/18)
BFP #4: 8/25/17 EDD 5/4/18

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Halloween Fun: Ghost Stories

• Loading the player...
  • I've actually got one more! When I was in college, supposedly the dorm room I was in was haunted by a student who had hung herself decades ago. I didn't believe it because all the buildings on campus had some sort of "student/professor killed themselves and haunt the building" story. DH and I were dating and he'd come over. The door was closed and locked. Suddently, the door banged, almost like it had been opened all the way and slammed closed. Also, the CD changer on my roommates boombox (millennials don't know what they're missing lol!) would open, spin, and close over and over. The TV would also cut on and off several times. I finally was convinced that there was some sort of paranormal activity going on in that room. We roomed together the next year in a different building and didn't have any of the problems with the same electronics.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • There's a ghost in my house. We hear random stuff happening in our kitchen in the middle of the night, and often times all of the drawers and cabinets will be open the next morning. Sometimes we hear things in the attic, but I have a feeling that's just squirrels. We've been in this house for two years now and it doesn't do anything else to mess with us so it's nbd.
  • @sandbar517 I'm the same way now and we do occasionally hear weird noises in the basement but being a major skeptic I'm sure it's just the house settling but worry way more about someone breaking in than a ghost.

The old place we used to live in I fucking hated that basement and it gave me the absolute creeps but nothing ever happened. But it was this intense feeling with no explanation. I wouldn't even walk up the stairs forward, I would walk up backwards.

When I was younger my furby (remember furbies?) started going off non stop in the middle of the night and we had to actually take the batteries out and bang on it to get it to stop. I'm pretty sure furbies are just evil, though.
  • @sandbar517 tbh I'll be the first person to admit I have an overactive imagination. My great aunt would let us watch horror movies at a really young age and it's messed with me in really bad ways as an adult. With that being said, I don't justify what I hear as something else, but I do focus on being comfortable with it happening. It tends to make whatever is going on cease quicker. (I also still sleep with a nightlight :lol: )
  • I think I'm actually a skeptic because these people I used to hang out with were obsessed with "ghost hunting" and they loved going to cemeteries and taking pictures and trying to find anything creepy or ghost like. They'd shove pictures in my face and be like "oh my god that's an orb!" It got old after awhile and it was so much I just stopped caring.
  • @charlestonchew MH laughs at me all the time.  I'm constantly watching ghost shows, and did the whole "taking pictures on the ghost tour in Gettysburg looking for creepy things" thing.  Now, when the baby monitor is on in night mode (that alone is creepy enough, the way it makes their eyes glow!), I'm constantly pointing at it and yelling, "Orb!  I saw an orb!!"  He just laughs, but now it makes me wonder if Abby really IS seeing something!  Just like they say on the ghost shows, dust particles don't stop and change directions mid-air....  When she said the ghosts in her room look like animals, I told MH that maybe it's the ghost of our dog that just died a few months ago.  He always loved being in their room for some reason, especially if there was a thunder storm or some other anxiety inducing event for him.  
    OMG, this just totally reminded me of another story!  (See?  I could talk about this kind of stuff all day!)  

*TW family loss*

I know I've mentioned it before, but my dad very suddenly and unexpectedly died 10 days before my girls were born.  He was SO super excited to have twin granddaughters, he talked about them all the time, and couldn't wait to meet them.  

*end TW*

One night when my girls were a few weeks/months old, I was sitting in bed with my back against the headboard, tandem feeding them in the football hold, so they were both facing me.  At the same exact time, both of them focused on the same spot above my right shoulder, then their eyes followed whatever it was they were watching over my head to above my left shoulder, and then back across to above my right shoulder.  The only windows in the room are on the same wall they were looking at, so people try to say maybe it was the reflection of headlights outside, but they wouldn't be on the same wall as the windows, and we also have black blackout curtains in the windows that were pulled shut, so there's no way they could've seen lights through them, either.  Their focus was much higher, too, like they were almost looking at the ceiling.  It really freaked me out.

*kinda TW family loss*
    It freaked me out at first, but then I told myself it was just my dad checking on the girls and saying hi to them, and I actually found it brought me a lot of comfort.  
    *end kinda TW*

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Oh I forgot to add that we never use our baby monitor because you hear whispered talking coming from it late at night. No thanks!
  • @sandbar517 that does sound comforting

TW family loss as well and this post is not a ghost story

I lost my dad when I was 11 and this was not sudden but I always hoped to have an after death experience with him but alas I have not. I've even considered seeing a medium but I'm too afraid they'd be a quack. I did have one dream after his death but unfortunately it wasn't even a happy dream...

I do like to think it was a parting dream though because I've never had one since. I feel compelled to tell the dream so here goes: he was on a big boat and I was on a small boat following him on a river. I made it over to his boat to say hello but he didn't know who I was and I became distraught he didn't recognize me. I just woke up crying but maybe it was his passage into the afterlife and was meant to give me peace...

Sorry to derail the thread. Carry on with the ghosts!
  • @ivyvines6 Uh, yeah.  Big nope to that.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @charlestonchew There are a lot of good articles about how people who have died send signals to their loved ones who are still alive.  I've also had a few dreams about my dad-some good, some not- but to me, it's smaller things like when a song he liked plays on the radio, or if I hear someone say something that sounds like something he would say, I like to think it's him sending me a message that he's thinking of me and that he's okay.  Also sorry to derail the thread, carry on! 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Love this post! Okay here are mine.

This is probably my best one and it's a happy ghost story, not so creepy. My grandma (dad's mom) passed when I was 10 and never met my youngest brother. In our house at the time, the front door/entryway was separated from the family room by the enclosed basement steps, so you  couldn't see the door from the family room. We were all in the family room and my 2 year old brother walked around the corner to the entryway. He was there for a couple minutes and when he came back he walked right up to my dad, looked at him and said, "your mom is here. She wants to see the baby." No one said a word, we just all looked at each other.

In our old apartment, we had 2 bedrooms, so DD1 had her own room. I would often see something float past the screen on the monitor. Could be dust or a bug. Just odd. I haven't seen anything like that in our new house yet. 

When I was in middle school I was visiting a friend from where we used to live for a few days. She had a finished basement and we hung out there before going to bed in her room on the second floor. We had watched the movie Cry Wolf that night. We turned the movie and the TV off and went up to bed. We woke up a couple hours later to music blaring and freaked out we made our way to the basement. No one else woke up. Her karaoke machine that we didn't even use that night was on and the volume turned the whole way up and the TV was on white noise, volume also all the way up. 

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but an old girl scout leader told us at one of those overnighters that her house was built on some cemetery and all of her kids experienced almost being strangled in their sleep on multiple occasions. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a few....
    When I was a little girl my little sister had this doll who was a ballerina. Her hand was over her head holding a rose. You would hold the rose and turn her on and she'd walk forward on her toes and you could make her do a turn. Her batteries were dead and so we hadn't played with her in a while. 
    One night our parents had made us clean the playroom before bed (which was downstairs) I remember she was on the floor and I put her away in the toy box. We then went upstairs and went to bed. About 3 in the morning I was woken up by a strange noise. I woke my sister up to see if she heard it too. We got out of our beds (we shared a room) and there in the middle of our floor was the ballerina doll. She was laying face down on the floor and the strange sound that had woken me up was her legs kicking the wooden floor like they would when you'd make her walk. I grabbed her and she immediately stopped. Her batteries were dead and she was switched off. We got rid of her after that. 

I had been trying to TTC DS1. It was testing day and I had gotten a BFN. I was bummed but thought oh well maybe next month. I had gone to bed that night and had a dream where my grandfather (who died when I was in middle school) came to me and told me I was pregnant and should take a test. I immediately woke up. It was so real feeling but I brushed it off as me just wanting to be pregnant so badly. So I rolled over and went back to sleep. I had the exact same dream but this time he was more persistent that I was pregnant and that I should take a test. Again I woke up. It was 3:30 in the morning and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I thought I'll just take another test to ease my mind so I can go back to sleep. I did and it was positive. 

Another one...
    One day I picked DS1 from daycare and we were in the car driving home. He started giggling, babbling and playing peek a boo. I asked him who he was playing with back there just kinda laughing with him (because it was only me and him in the car) and he turned and looked at me and said Uncle Paul. 
    DS1 had never met Uncle Paul or seen pictures of him. He died several years before I was even pregnant with him.