Babies on the Brain

GTKY 10/27

This board has been awfully quiet lately. So tell me:

What did you want to be when you grew up?

What do you do now?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: GTKY 10/27

• Wanted to be either a rock star, singer, actress, you name it. In high school I was dead set on being a Pediatric Oncologist. Now I work at a bank in the loan operations department  :D
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 what is it about being famous that is so attractive to young kids? I also wanted to be famous when I was young. I wasn’t picky because I thought I could do it all. I even put in my 8th grade year book I wanted to “see my name in lights!” ::facepalm:: Now I’m an engineer and it suits my introverted personality much better than being a celebrity would have.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanted to be a teacher and I'm a teacher. So basically my life is boring :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I wanted to be a bunch of different things ... a doctor, a musician, an English teacher. 

English teaching (and my obsessive reading) led me to my first job as a library assistant, and made me want to be a librarian. I got a job at a hospital when I finished library school, so now I'm a medical librarian. So I guess I kinda went full circle? If i would have been a doctor, i probably would have done orthopedics. I'm oddly fascinated with it now. 

@meggyme - what kind of engineer? 

@lalala2004 - not boring! how awesome that you actually became what you wanted when you were little!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Growing up I always wanted to be a nurse. I became a nurse and worked in healthcare for 12 years now Im working on becoming a early education educator. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @catlady2015 I’m a mechanical engineer, specifically I work on ships. I used to sail, but now I fix the Navy’s equipment.

How cool that so many of you knew what you wanted to be at a young age.

• I went through a few different phases. The earliest I can remember, was when I was about 4 and wanted to be an airline pilot... my favorite auntie was a flight attendant and I thought she flew the plane, lol.  As a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian, then as a teenager I wanted to be a journalist. Now I work as a mental health counselor - which I didn't even know was a profession until my college years!

@meggyme My dad worked as a mechanical engineer for many years and recently retired. I wish I had inherited some of his skills, and that practical, mathematical mindset engineers all seem to have! Your job sounds awesome!
  • Guys, I have a friend who wanted to be a fire truck. Yes, the truck, not a fireman! I'm honestly not sure what she's doing now, but definitely isn't fire-related lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• CecilB93 said:
    Guys, I have a friend who wanted to be a fire truck. Yes, the truck, not a fireman! I'm honestly not sure what she's doing now, but definitely isn't fire-related lol.
    When my uncle was a kid he said he wanted to be a water faucet :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 that's awesome!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18