June 2018 Moms

Symptoms Thread (week of 10/23)

Re: Symptoms Thread (week of 10/23)

• @notaknottie912 so sorry you’re feeling so crappy but YAY twins!! Congrats!
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • @missylaneous419 Yes to the metal mouth. For me it’s worst in the morning, when my stomach is empty.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Loading the player...
  • @missylaneous419 occasional metallic mouth for me
  • Austenista  Austenista member
    edited October 2017
    Decided to walk into Lush tonight while waiting on a dinner table. Sooo many smells, what the heck was I thinking? Now my mouth feels numb. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @missylaneous419 I had terrible metal mouth for a couple weeks. I found that lemonade helped (specifically Wendy’s lemonade). 
  • I'm joining the dry mouth club.. I hate it, I can't drink enough, and then I have to pee all day (and night). Also had my first case of morning sickness last weekend. It was so absurd, I wasn't even nauseous! I went to the bathroom and while I was sitting there I had a super sudden urge to throw up. Fortunately I had a bucket in there :) For some reason I felt so relieved to be sick, at least there's something to remind me I'm pregnant.
    These days I'm just nauseous but can't let it out. Also super tired!
    Hope all of you who are getting sick feel better soon!! (Too laty to tag, sorry!)

• I can smell everything.

Everyone has horrible breath, I swear. I have a pocket full of mints and want to offer them to everyone. Omg.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• My cold is worse today. I am miserable. How am I supposed to rest AND drink fluids? I’m peeing every 10 min. Ugh. 
  • Seems we are all suffering together! Between the sweating (then freezing), smells, gross tastes, peeing all the time, and stuffy nose I am afraid I am going to lose my job.I talked to my boss about what is going on but my co-workers probably think I have a drug problem based on how many times I go to the bathroom a day. 
    Sheesh, baking a baby is hard work lol.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Not feeling any symptoms today. Called the OB for reassurance and was assured it was normal. Not having any negative symptoms, just feeling pretty normal. It's crazy how feeling normal while pregnant can make you nervous. I remember talking to my OB about it last pregnancy and she told me "don't worry, you'll be miserable again soon."  :D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Solidarity, @doxiemoxie212. I feel like my cold is fiiiiinally letting up. Hope yours is much, much shorter! Sleep for a billion hours this weekend.
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Anyone else only get nauseous in the afternoon? I haven't had any MS or symptoms but the last couple of days I have felt like I was going to lose it at my desk in the afternoon. Its been a couple hours since lunch so I don't think it is due to what I ate. I could be hungry again so currently forcing myself to stomach a banana and it's torture. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke any time I go a couple hours without eating I get nauseous.  I eat my breakfast slowly until it's time for lunch, then I eat lunch until it's time for a snack, and so on.  I keep crackers at my desk too for anytime inbetween lol.  I can't tell you the last time I actually felt hungry.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 20T20T member
    @krashke that's exactly how I've been feeling and it's so confusing! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. 
  • The only symptom that is bothering me is getting dizzy.  I'm drinking a ton of water and trying to keep my blood sugar up but they still sneak up on me.  I'm not sure this is even a symptom but holding anything cold feels like I'm hands are going to freeze off. I had a La Croix from the fridge and had to set it down because it was too cold.  My DH ended up kicking it and it exploded all over the side of the new car.  That was actually pretty funny, he was super pissed,  as he had just washed it. I could barely hold the gallon of milk I bought on the way to the car. It's totally bizarre. I've never been this sensitive to cold items before.  I'm blaming it on being preggo though. 
  • @krashke yep! I have to eat every few hours or I feel sick  :s
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • My nausea has no real consistent pattern, though I do feel like I'm least likely to feel bad in the morning. Much more of an afternoon/evening person in this regard. I had my very first pregnancy-induced barf after dinner last night. :| (Clam chowder was a poor choice.)
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • @krashke I was going through afternoon (after 2p) queasy belly for a bit... Then it moved to evenings with high chance of accompanying headache. Fun times here. :wink:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @RatParadeI was going to post I think there should be a term for that combo of nausea and hunger. Nausger? It's not as catchy as hangry. 
  • Is anyone else severely exhausted? We live a pretty crazy life and I am very used to little sleep and being very busy and I cope with it well but this pregnancy I am beyond exhausted! I am taking a multi vitamin and going to bed early, but I just don't remember ever being this exhausted with my other two! Any suggestions on what I can do? 

• @farmersmomofboys me! Tiredness has been kicking my butt this week. I've just been taking naps when I can, sometimes involuntarily. 

Nausea and tiredness kicked back in this evening. I had to have a nap after lunch while the baby was sleeping. Tonight I let DH talk me into a Chinese buffet. Not a good idea. Everything was gross, everything was smelly, I barely kept it together. Me and my 11m baby have a very similar diet right now, but I think he is more adventurous tbh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am seriously over this heartburn right now! I’ve been having to take Tums all week. I had heartburn with DS but not until much later in pregnancy. 7 weeks is ridiculous to be having heartburn, no? 
  • @BurlapandLace yes!  The past 2 nights have sucked! I got up and took a Zantac last night because it was burning so much in my throat I kept coughing!  It's mild tonight but still annoying!

I hate the on and off nausea. I've never had a loss but it doesn't help my anxiety at all!  At least I've been fairly consistently fatigued, bloated, and have sore breasts. I felt so miserable last pg because of MS that last all day until almost 18 weeks so I'm having a hard time not comparing this pg with my first.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm 6w1d and this all day sickness is out of control.
    I feel okay for maybe an hour accumulated throughout the day. I'm waiting for the day I start to throw up, and I know it's going to be soon.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• I definitely have the flu. Tylenol, hot tea, soup and a heating pad for my face are my only saviors. I’m so glad I decided on Wednesday at my appointment to not get the flu shot until 12 weeks because it wouldn’t have prevented me getting sick (got sick that night), but it would have irrationally freaked me out and made me think I had a bad reaction to it. That said, once this isht is over, I’m getting the damn flu shot and this mess better not last until 12 weeks. 
  • Nausea and headaches have found me. I’m oddly happy about it. Bring on all the shitty symptoms. It makes me feel better mentally.
  • @doxiemoxie212 hoping you feel better soon. Being pregnant with the flu is miserable I’m sure.
  • Just low level nausea (not enough to make me sick but enough to stops me from enjoying my food). And palpitations. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lolalipsy i am having palpitations too. Ugh. Plus nausea and vomitting to the extreme everyday. Talk about a weight loss plan.
  • @Lolalipsy i am having palpitations too. Ugh. Plus nausea and vomitting to the extreme everyday. Talk about a weight loss plan.
    That must be so hard, hopefully the nausea and vomiting will subside soon. How often are your palpitations?  Mine are all the time. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 Feel better!  I missed three days of work this past week with the flu :( Lots of fluids <3
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 feel better! 

@krashke with DS, I only had afternoon MS. I had to eat 2-3 snacks in the afternoon to keep it at bay. Ginger cookies helped a lot and ginger chews. Try snacking through the afternoon before the nausea hits to see if it helps. 
  • @Lolalipsy mine are evertime i lay down
  • MS is back with a vengence. I have felt terrible all day. On the plus side I had the courage to step on the scale the other morning and was surprised I haven't gained any weight and my tummy really is just still all bloat (not more bad weight).
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Started experiencing some fun pelvic pain —sharp cramps right in the ute area. 
  • I was doing squats today and I could feel my uterus. Not like crampy or stretching.. But it was like shifting.. Hard to explain. Anyway cool and weird all at the same time today. I am also getting stupid headaches still in the evenings and continuing to feel queasy after 2p but now I'm also ravenous at the same time. Salads are my latest craving with dill yogurt and salt as a dressing. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I keep having panic attacks every night. I have no idea what to do with twins. And then guilt for not being excited.
  • @notaknottie912 - I feel like anyone would be having panic attacks if they found out they're having twins and weren't exactly "hoping" for multiples. :heart: It'll all work out in the end.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @notaknottie912 I would be the same way if I found out I was having twins. I'm sure it will take awhile to adjust, but rememenber when they're both here you will love them so much and wouldn't be able to imagine life without either one of them! That's what I'm telling myself now because I'm feeling overwhelmed about this pregnancy. Your feelings are normal ❤️ 
  • silvergreensilvergreen member
    edited October 2017
    Anyone having kinky dreams? I've been avoiding DTD completely, especially after finding out about a tiny SCH on my scan at 7 weeks. That night I had a "sleepgasm" and I just had another this morning (at 8w3d) before waking up. Freaking out a little!

ETA: I haven't had any spotting or bleeding.
    BabyFruit Ticker