April 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change - 10/27

1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments coming up? 

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? 

5. What is the best (or worst) present you've ever gotten?
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Friday Ticker Change - 10/27

• Options
    1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 18 weeks, size of an artichoke or a sweet potato. (Maybe Glow hasn't ever checked out the wide variety in sweet potato shapes/sizes...)

2. How are you feeling? Great! Most of the time I don't feel any different from my regular self, except for bigger boobs and a belly that I can just let hang out and be proud of instead of trying to suck it in ;) I *thought* I felt some movement for the first time earlier this week, but I haven't felt it again, so now I'm second guessing myself.

3. Any appointments coming up? Appt with one of the midwives on Monday.

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? Do/did you ladies get your flu shot from your OB or your PCP? 

I bought myself a really nice chef's knife after I graduated from college and have used it almost exclusively, and every day, since then, and still love it above all other knives I've ever used. Best present ever.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    17 weeks, pomegranate
    2. How are you feeling? 
    This was a really rough week. I was in the hospital for HG (which I have not had up until now and feeling very grateful for that). We are also moving into our first home together today! Hello stress!
    Not for another week and a half
    So happy TB is working again!!! A lot of us were locked out of the mobile or desktop site and I missed you all so much!
    The best present was my dog. I knew about him in advance but MH wasn't 100% (he did not tell me that at the time) but he got him for me anyway. We both love him so much now :)
    @hedgepig a good kitchen knife is such a good present! Cooking at family's houses with no good knives is miserable, I've been thinking about getting my mom a nice set or one off for a while.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sarahkate2233 Congrats on the house!! Knives are great gifts, but I highly recommend taking the recipient to a cutlery store and let them try out all the knives so they pick one that feels right for them :)
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @sarahkate2233  man, when it rains stress, it pours! Are you guys all moved into the house or is there still a lot of unpacking. I swear moving is one of the most challenging activities out there (says the FTM).
    @hedgepig Feel you on the big boobs. I'm still trying to kind of suck it in and I'm not all that sure why? I am with you though, there is something so satisfying about genuinely good knives, makes working with them a pleasure instead of a chore. 

1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks, naval orange

2. How are you feeling? Energy is really good as long as it's before 8pm, by then I'm ready to crash. The weird dreams are starting to get  to me. Last night, I dreamed I came home and the house was dark and I thought the person in the distance was my husband, so I called out to him, but no, it was a burglar and I was shot in the throat. I woke up at 4:30 just a mess. Then proceeded to fall asleep and dream I was trying to drive some fancy sports car up a crowded dirt road. I mean, what the hell brain!!! 

3. Any appointments coming up? Two more weeks! 

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? Rant: my husband isn't going to be here for my birthday (Halloween). He did ask me if it would be ok, and I sort of felt like I had to say yes. He's going on some junket in Mexico, it's going to basically be a luxury vacation where they try to convince his company to open a restaurant down there. He knows birthdays are a big deal to me (I love them), so I'm a little hurt he wont' be here. But I'm even more hurt he hasn't planned anything for this weekend. 

Last year, my husband surprised me with dinner with a few of my closest friends and brother by the beach. I've always wanted a surprise party and it was really nice. That was better than any present. 
  • Options
    @hedgepig That's a good idea - will try!
    @stalkinghorse we are mostly in boxes now. Movers are coming tomorrow so that'll be our first night in the new house! I know it's not the same, but maybe you can celebrate with a relaxing day out? MH has been home for one of my birthdays in all of the five years we've been together (Army stuff scheduled that week every year) so I've done stuff by myself, like skydiving, yoga workshops, spa day. Treat yourself!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @hedgepig I can't help myself, but look, I bought this at the Mennonite store up the road!! Feel like baby isn't that big until birth hahaha
  • Options
    @hedgepig I have been feeling like weird movements ever couple of days for a while now, and I ALWAYS think I'm crazy until it happens again. It's about that time for us though! Awesome!

As far as flu shot I asked my OB and he said he didn't care where I got it as long as I got one, so I went to the local flu clinic put on by the nursing students (I used to be in their shoes do I sorry then when I can). 

@sarahkate2233 congratulations on the house!! A huge pain, but so exciting! And yes, I was also locked out for DAYS! Very annoying! Glad we are all back!

@stalkinghorse yes to weird dreams. I woke up this morning from a dream that I was just watching this group of men murder another group of people! It was horrifying, why would my brain think of that?!? I couldn't get back to sleep!

Unrelated, maybe your husband is planning a surprise thing??  Either way, Happy early birthday!!
    17 weeks, size of a pomegranate

2. How are you feeling? 
    I'm feeling good, which is weird. Feel like my belly is growing daily now, which I'm honestly excited about!
    Just went Monday and everything checked out. No news is good news. He measured my belly for the first time and put me on ProFe.

Rave: my DH has a week long vacation in between jobs (yay for seeing him more), but he is starting his new job on the 6th, better money, and I'll be able to get on his insurance (he will be working at the hospital where I will deliver so it'll be good insurance too)! That's a huge deal because I currently pay $300/month to have a crap plan through the marketplace.

DH got me a KitchenAid food processor for my b-day a few years back! I think that's tied for first with a cookbook I bought for myself as best present ever! His gift makes the most of my gift haha

• Options
    stalkinghorsestalkinghorse member
    edited October 2017
    @sarahkate2233 I wish I could take the day off work but I'm maxed on vacation days and it's super crazy at work right now. BUT I made my mom agree to host me and my brother at her house and order what I've been craving for 2 months straight at last: Dominos pizza. They will be eating something else (snobs) but I'm really excited to curl up and watch bad tv with them. 

@ftm_ohio No he is definitely not planning anything, I asked him if we were at least getting dinner this weekend with his sister and her husband to celebrate and he had the panicked look that tells me he has forgotten to do anything. I know he got me a present and that usually ticks the box in his brain. Despite a lot of conversations about how gestures mean more than gifts to me, he kind of struggles with it! 

But holy smokes, that potato is AMAZING!!! made my morning! 

SO glad your husband is moving to a better health plan. That's got to be tremendously good news and a relief frankly. Worth celebrating for sure! 
  • Options
    @hedgepig I got a flu shot at my Oct. OB appointment. 
    I would love a new chef knife. Any recommendations? 

@sarahkate2233 so sorry about the HG, but congratulations on the new home! 

@stalkinghorse I've been having messed up dreams too. One involved my dad then brother dying one day apart from each other. Both died by choking on gum. It was a very vivid and disturbing dream, including a detailed wake and funeral. 
    Happy early Birthday! 

@ftm_ohio that potato is crazy! 

16 weeks, avocado! 

2. How are you feeling? 
    I am starting to feel so much better. I still get tired early and have the occasional headache. I was able to work out finally this week and that felt amazing. My muscles are like jello from becoming one with my couch from 3 months.
    Not for a couple weeks. 
    Yay for starting to feel human again! Also, my husband's bonus was approved which is a huuuuuge relief since I was laid off a few weeks ago. 

Hmmmm, this is tough. This past Mother's day DH got me a Ninja blender and I love it. 

BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    mcg920mcg920 member
    edited October 2017
    16 weeks--an avocado!

2. How are you feeling? 
    Got a little more energy back....just in time for the new symptom of peeing 17 times a night to show up! Seriously, the other night I peed every hour on the hour until 4 am. I looked it up bc I know my fluid intake hasn't increased that much, and he's not big enough to be putting that much pressure on my bladder. Turns out, the extra blood flow to our kidneys makes them produce 25% more urine out of nothing! Ah the miracle of pregnancy....

Not until 11-7 :(

Rave--dh came home from his business trip a day early :)
    Rant--on Monday 7 of my students were scheduled to give their speeches in my public speaking class. Freaking 3 of them actually showed up.
  • Options
    mcg920mcg920 member
    edited October 2017
    5. Best or worst gift?

The best is a tie between the Barbie Jeep I got for Christmas when I was three, and my horse, Flash, that my parents bought for me when I was eight and they realized that I really was better suited for the saddle rather than a pair of ballet shoes :) 
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse Sorry about the scary dreams! I hate how bad dreams can throw off your whole day. Happy early Birthday! Enjoy your Domino's :)
    @ftm_ohio Holy moly! I want that sweet potato! You could feed a whole family on that thing! That's super exciting about YH's new job and better insurance... are you already thinking about what you'll do with that extra $300 a month?
    @sapphires-and-diamonds Good for you for working out! I really need to get back into the habit, but I've just been so busy! Hopefully this weekend I will get my butt in gear. As for chef knIves - I have a Shun, which is a Japanese brand, and I love it soooo much. Mine is small - maybe 7 1/2 inches, but fits my hands and cooking style perfectly!
    @mcg920 I have been peeing a ton at night too! 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @stalkinghorse, I'm really sorry. I know that panicked husband look lol. I love a good Domino's pizza though! Very excited and relived about the new job/insurance.

@sapphires-and-diamonds congrats on your husband's bonus. Stuff like that can being such relief! I feel your pain since I've stopped working as an RN and now work in a pizza shop!

@mcg920 loving your best gift answer!!

@hedgepig I'm so excited about that potato, it's a new variety I've never heard of. I always buy the biggest ones I can find at the market because I'll eat that with rice as a whole meal and DH will finish the rest as a side dish. This one is DEFINITELY the biggest I've ever seen!