November 2017 Moms
Options

Night Doula / Night Nanny

I have several friends who have newborns and hired a night doula or nanny. Some said (before baby was here) they would never do so because mom didn’t want to miss any bonding time. After the baby was born, the became so sleep deprived they broke down and hired a night nanny. I am due in two weeks and starting to worry that I should hire a night nanny. I realize they can be expensive, but if you could afford one would you get one? Has anyone had a night nanny that can share whether it was worthwhile? Should I wait to see how the first week or two goes versus line a night nanny up now? PLEASE no negative feedback that having help makes me a bad mom. I’m genuinely interested in people’s experiences having used a night nurse and even PM me with contact info if you have someone to recommend. Thanks!

Re: Night Doula / Night Nanny

• Options
    I would totally do it if I were rich.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you are BF, you're going to need to get up anyway. If you are FF, it might be worth it.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never, in my life, met anyone that had a "night nanny"...ever.  Rich or poor, I have never heard of this outside of maybe Keeping up with the Kardashians.  :|
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    I know someone who did it and LOVED it. They started with just a few days a week and were planning on a month. They quickly switched to 7 days a week and used her for 8 weeks. She was BFing, but they introduced a MOTN bottle quickly and even when she nursed she said it was worth it to not be the one doing the diaper or dealing with the crying of baby woke when being put down. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    If I were BF I would just go to bed, then have the nanny bring the baby to me for feeding, then roll back over and go back to sleep each time. I think it would still definitely be worth it.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    If I could afford it I would absolutely get one for like two nights a week. I plan to breastfeed but if she can get baby, bring him to me, I fed him half asleep, she takes him back I'd be so happy.