February 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change | 10/25

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  

2) How are you feeling?  

3) Any appointments this week?  

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  

5) GTKY: What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change | 10/25

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  
    22 weeks (coconut)

2) How are you feeling?  
    I’ve been doing a lot better! Unfortunately heart burn and indigestion has been horrible the past few days! 

No appointment until week 24

Rants: sleeping is officially becoming uncomfortable! I hate having to wake up to move around and reposition. Ugh! And last night I was dying bc I was so hot! 

Raves: my toddler has been so good lately, even though she has had a cold for the past week! My little snot nose has been so sweet! 

Questions: moms having your second baby...are you having any sort of shower?

photography! I love taking pictures and I have an amazing camera but I’d love to learn more about it and really get into it...right now I keep it on the auto setting and point and shoot lol
  • @RachelR17 No shower for this STM.  We are having another of the same sex, so don't need much in terms of clothing, and our boys will be close in age so we still have all of our baby gear.  If either of those weren't true, I wouldn't be opposed to a family member or friend throwing me a "sprinkle."

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby?  
    24 weeks (cantaloupe) -- officially at "viability" and only 4 weeks left of second tri!

2) How are you feeling?  
    Aside from the random emotional meltdowns over my rapidly growing size, not terrible.  General complaints are all common for where I am in the pregnancy... heartburn, random insomnia, some bouts of pelvic/lower back discomfort, etc., but on the whole, I really can't complain. 

Regular doctor's appointment this week, at which I will be scheduling all my 28 week follow-ups and GD test (ugh).

For once in my life, I have nothing to rant about! 

Rave is that, after weeks of telling myself I'd get back to the pool, I finally reintroduced swimming this week (twice!) and it's really helped with my lower back and hip discomfort.

I'm going to echo @RachelR17 and say photography! I'd love to get a nice camera and take some classes.  Maybe when the boys are older :)
  • Loading the player...

• I would call mine more of a sprinkle. A small group of friends surprised me with lunch at a restaurant and just some small things like diapers and wipes and things to pamper myself with (soaps, lotions, etc).  

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby?  
    25 weeks, cabbage

2) How are you feeling?  
    Not too bad. I'm starting to get exhausted a lot quicker than usual.  Heartburn has settled down now that I'm taking Zantec every night. Sleeping sucks. Can't get comfortable and I'm having horrible vivid dreams so I wake up all the time. 

Nope. Next appt is 11/6

Nothing really. It's been business as usual for us lately. 

Like @RachelR17 I would love to do more photography. I have a great camera and I've been a second shooter at a bunch of wedding and events but I can't find the time to do it more seriously. I also need to learn more about the photo editing part. And learn the patience to sit down and do it
    22 weeks, coconut. The first food that made me go, "Whoa, so big!"

2) How are you feeling?  
    Excellent (except +1 for the heartburn and sleeping troubles). Fall has FINALLY arrived in central FL and all my windows are open. Not sweating all the time has given me a real boost of energy and I've been cleaning the whole house obsessively.

Nope.

DD has been getting car sick and throwing up in the car frequently. In the last month she's thrown up five times in the car. It never happened before a month ago, so yesterday when it happened again I consulted her pediatrician. They said since it's only happening in the car they don't think anything serious is going on... she's just gotten prone to motion sickness. DH installed a fan in the back seat, and they told me specific foods that are supposed to help keep her tummy settled. I'm also not supposed to give her any books to look at in the car... which I didn't realize sets off motion sickness because I have never had it before. So car rides are going to be super fun now with DD crying in the back bored out of her mind... but at least hopefully she won't be throwing up. Poor baby :(

Sculpting. I got super into it in high school, and my teacher there did adult classes at night for a reasonable price so I kept going for several years after graduating. He moved away a few years ago, and classes are so expensive everywhere else I've looked. I really miss it. Maybe when all our kiddies are older I can get into it again. Now I make do with the oven-bake colored clay haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    .    23 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?  
     .   I'm feeling pretty good now that the weather is starting to cool off! Heartburn is starting to flare up at night which is not fun but feeling my baby move all around is pretty exciting!! 
    .    Just had my appt and everything looks great. I scheduled my 28 week appt that includes the GD testing... Boo!! On a bright note I also scheduled my 3D ultrasound so that's a plus. 
    .    I really hate that 2 of my kids at born 4 days apart. One daughter turned 11 on the 20th and my other daughter turned 3 on the 24th plus Halloween is right around the corner. It just makes for a complicated week. I'm also still trying to pass a kidney stone during this wonderful time. 
    .     I would love to take my crafting ability to the next level. I'm pretty decent at it and I've gotten some pretty cool tools over the years but my 2 littlest ones make it hard to sit down and actually do something. I have the time and somewhat the money but I don't have the extra money to pay a babysitter so I can do what I want without world war 2 breaking down in my house!! 

@RachelR17  I personally didn't do a baby shower after my first, mostly because 1) we were expecting another girl and 2) we had moved to cloth diapers. I was also a SAHM and only had 2 friends so I didn't see the point in trying to set up a party. So we just went out to eat like a girls night to relax and catch up without talking about the baby (because that's all everyone talked about with it being my husbands first and first grandchild to his side of the family) I just wanted a break from it all.
  • Yay we remembered this week!!!!!!  Thanks for starting @RachelR17!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby?  25 weeks today.  He is a cauliflower.  The app says he is 1.46 pounds.  Last week at my MFM appointment they said he is 1 pound 9 ounces so he is pretty on target.

2) How are you feeling?  I reconfigured my pillow situation and have actually slept well the last few nights.  Now using 2 regular pillows and my pregnancy pillow.  I've been fighting a sinus infection so being super propped up has helped.  I was tired of nights on the couch!!  Leaving on a work trip this afternoon and going to hit the hotel up for all kinds of extra pillows.

3) Any appointments this week?  Nope.  Had our 24 week check up last week and my last appointment with MFM.  Everything was good except he was super stubborn and wouldn't face out so they could get a good picture of his face.  They tried for almost 45 minutes.  They could see that everything was good but our souvenir pic isn't the best.  On the plus side, they used the 3D to get a better look so we saw his little face!!!  We also saw that he likes to grab his foot and pull it over his head.  So amazing!!!!!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  We painted the nursery this weekend and couldn't have better timing.  Store called Monday to say the nursery furniture is in.  I wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks!  We are picking everything up Saturday morning.  So exciting and scary at the same time!  Setting up the nursery makes it super real.

Cake decorating!  I love to bake and have a taken a class on cake decorating before.  Would love to take more classes and get really good at it.  I can make a tasty cake but it won't look fancy right now.
  • @chucksmom15 I actually used to be a cake decorator until I got my teaching job! I loved it (though I hated the company I worked for). I've always thought if I ever left teaching, I'd go back to decorating cakes.
  • So jealous @gingermama26!!  People tell me all the time I should quit my job and open a bakery.  I like my job and I think I would love baking less if it was a job.  I enjoy it bc I can take my time and make what I want.  Would be fun if I could make LO's birthday cakes and decorate them though!
  • Some of my friends were asking me about wanting a shower today...that’s why I asked. This will
    be baby #2. It will be another girl and my daughters birthday is Feb 2nd and this baby is due Feb 28th! We don’t need clothes or baby gear, but they seemed insistent on celebrating the baby! 

I suggested doing a diaper party. I saw an idea of doing “Pampers, Pizza and Pints” obviously I’ll pass on the pints! Lol 
  • @chucksmom15 did everyone forget last week?! lol, glad it wasn't just me. I took a week-long hiatus!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby?  
    24 weeks, cantaloupe. Like @psm2462 definitely celebrating the viability milestone!! My younger brother (who is now a healthy 30 year old) was actually born at 24 weeks, so for both pregnancies I feel like this has been a big "whew!" week.

2) How are you feeling?  
    Pretty good. Heartburn has faded, but pelvic pain has intensified. I guess he has moved down :/

One-- apparently I'm measuring about a week behind (after Dr telling me all first trimester how big I was, and surely I was further along than I thought! ha ha, nope.), but within the normal range. Scheduled everyone's favorite glucose test. Blergh. The only good part is that DH happens to have an appt the same day (we see a family doc), so we can hang out at the office together for a little while.

Today was the first day a student asked me a question about my belly! I teach at a college, and I really wondered if anyone could tell (I don't see them every day, and they tend to be fairly disinterested in me as a person). She very shyly asked whether it was a girl or a boy-- apparently several of the girls in class had been wondering :) It was nice to see that they cared enough to wonder!!

Biggest rant right now is that I don't think I can run anymore. I had really hoped to keep going until third trimester. I ran 2 miles last week and felt fine while I was in motion... but then could barely even walk the rest of the day, my pelvis hurt so much. Pretty much like someone had been punching me repeatedly all day (perhaps it was the 1-lb cantaloupe bouncing around!!!). Even while wearing a maternity splint. :'( Just as the nice fall weather arrived, too!! Waaah. I think I'll join a gym to use the ellipticals. And drag myself back to the pool.

lol, oh boy, I have waaayyy too many hobbies. I'd love to spend more time on art/ crafting-- knitting, sewing, painting, drawing. I've had aspirations to open an Etsy shop for a while, and perhaps apply to a couple of art/ craft fairs nearby. I also used to be really in to landscape photography, but felt like my skills with portraiture were lacking. I wish I had time to build those, with kids running around doing all sorts of photogenic (or at least entertaining) things, now!
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

24 weeks. Baby is eggplant or cantaloupe size. 

2) How are you feeling?  

I’ve been feeling great up until I push myself too much. I find myself getting out of breath quite often unless I slow down. I’m starting to get fatigued quite quickly as well. 

I just had my 24 week appt today. Everything seems to be on track. Baby is measuring at 25 weeks. Scheduled the glucose test for a month out, I’m sure it’ll be okay!

Rant: At 20 weeks, I just wanted the baby to move, now it seems like she won’t stop! Haha.

Rave: Bought some new maternity clothes! I’m excited!

Question: If baby is measuring bigger, could that mean she would come sooner? FTM here so I have no clue...

I’m a glorified medical photographer, but it would be really cool to photograph other things. Maybe do MRI’s of everyday items: fruits, veggies, plants... taking XR’s and creating art out of those would be really cool too.

I also miss playing my trumpet and making music with others in general. It’s just the practice that I hate! Haha! 
  • @katefb17 I forgot we have the same due date! Yay for viability! My first son came early (although not scary early), so I know preterm labor is a risk for me again, and I feel like every week after this week that he stays in, I'll feel better and better.  Regarding running -- too funny, the same thing happened to me last week.  I felt fine during my normal 3-4 mile runs (well, not non-pregnancy fine, but fine enough), and then had a bruising/muscle pain type soreness for the remainder of the day.  This didn't happen to me with my first pregnancy, but some Googling revealed that it's fairly common for runners as they approach and go through third trimester.  A lot of people found relief with slowing down (ha! not sure I could slow down anymore) and taking 1-2 days off between runs.  Like you, I decided to reduce running and replaced a few workouts with bike and swim workouts, and that has helped.  Miraculously, I ran Monday and today and had no post workout pain to speak of.  So, perhaps this is also something that can change week-by-week? It's frustrating because at this point, I'm not necessarily enjoying running the way I usually do, but I wanted to run as long as possible to make it easier to be back in running shape post-baby.  Some days I want to say "screw it" and give it up entirely for the rest of this pregnancy, but factoring in postpartum recovery, that could be like 5 months of no running -- i.e., totally starting from scratch! 
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   24 weeks today... according to two different apps, a cantaloupe and a puffin (so cute!)

2) How are you feeling?  I'm feeling good overall- still tired on and off, but things have been super busy, so it makes sense.  LOTS of heartburn, which is pretty unpleasant, and at times, my belly feels like a bowling ball- hard and heavy.  I'm feeling her a lot, though, which I am grateful for.  I love the little 'check ins'! 

3) Any appointments this week?  Yes, 24 week check up today.  I scheduled my glucose text for 4 weeks from now, and from then on, I'll be going every other week (maybe your offices are like that, too?) Things sounded great, I'm measuring spot on, and baby girl is doing well!  I am just so thankful for that. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  None that I can think of now? I'm sure something will pop into my head later. :) 

I love the idea of photography! I do some, just using my phone, but I'd love to get into it more. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 baby’s fluctuate so much at this time! My first was measuring a week ahead then my next appointment she was right on track! Your little one could of had a growth spurt!  :) 

if if your little one continues to measure early they MIGHT move up your due date but unlikely! 
    25 weeks, cabbage
    2) How are you feeling?  
    I have a really bad cold which is SO annoying. Sleeping has been terrible for me also. 
    Nothing for another week or two 
    My mom mailed out my shower invites and I feel like my registry is done and looking good. We picked a stroller and finally may have found a glider (going to see in person on sunday). The glider has been very stressful because I think it’s imperetive that I have a comfy chair for MON feedings etc. our apt is so small and we will have LO in our room and our couch is more of a pretty couch than a comfy one. Also just picked up a bunch of maternity clothes including my shower dress on super sale at Pea in the Pod, such good stuff if you sift through all the pages! 
    5) GTKY: What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? I’m already really deep into Knitting and spinning, but would take more classes and do more retreats and stuff. And broaden to weaving more. Pottery too, all the studios around me are so expensive but loved it in college and would love access to a wheel/kiln. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @RachelR17 Thanks for the advice! She probably did have a bit of a growth spurt. DH is 6’7”, so I’m assuming the baby will probably measure big anyways...