March 2018 Moms

Randoms - Week of 10.23

Re: Randoms - Week of 10.23

• Loading the player...
  • leilaquinnleilaquinn member
    edited October 2017
    @bb3vj3n and @cford08 I also keep waking up on my back, I sleep most of the night usually on my right side ( I have a left shoulder injury ) but we got a a new Purple mattress a few months ago and it is just so comfortable when I’m on my back. I do think that if it were an issue it would feel like one, and as long as I don’t stay like that for hours ( I just move a fair amount, I’m not in any position super long in a row) I think it’s probably fine.
    eta: Monday is my favorite day of the week. My husband and I own a hair salon together, and in an effort to have one of us there with our employees every day, I work Tuesday through Saturday and he works Wednesday through Sunday. Monday is the only day we are actually closed and always both have off, and don’t even allow ourselves to talk about the business. We are in the process of interviewing people to replace me and he will probably also go down to working 4 days a week when the baby is here, but we met working together in a salon almost 11 years ago and in all that time Monday has always been our day to just enjoy each other and being home and it will always be my favorite day.
  • totally random - but i miss wearing my wedding band.  I haven't been able to wear it comfortably since about 8-9 wks  :( and I tried to put it on today but it won't even fit anymore
  • @bb3vj3n Ughh I know how you feel. It's so annoying and sad not to be able to wear your band. 

Ever since my pregnancy with my first son I now get a rash from my wedding band. I tried everything (cleaning it, clear polish, not wearing for a long time) and my dermatologist said it was prob hormone change from pregnancy. Now I can't wear it for more than a day or two without getting a rash 
  • @bb3vj3n probably the most obvious tip ever, but do you wear it on your neck? I have my grandmother’s wedding band and engagement ring on a chain and take comfort in slipping a finger (halfway) through them and holding my hand over my heart sort of when I’m stressed.
  • My DS is sick. I hate when he's sick. I feel so bad hearing him sniffle and say "I not feeling good". But I am excited to just cuddle on the couch and watch movies today. We don't do a lot of tv time but I totally allow it when he's sick because I know that's all I want to do when I'm sick! So why shouldn't he?
  • @orbmaker i have thought about it.... but I have this irrational fear that I will lose them if I put them on a chain.  I tend to leave jewellery all over the house (bad habit) and then when I try to find something - I never can.   My rings never came off my hands though so if didn't worry about them. 
  • @stlbuckeye132 I've felt the same about movement, I've felt LO sporadically but I haven't felt anything in the past few days and it's kind of freaking me out.  I have a heartbeat check tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to the weekly appointment this time, if nothing else but to calm my nerves!  I'm hoping that it's just because of the anterior placenta and the fact that I'm not 20 weeks yet (tech at 10 wk u/s said that people with an anterior placenta typically don't start to feel movement until 20-22 weeks so she didn't want me to worry!)  Glad that you could feel your baby jamming this morning!
  • cford08 said:
    Y'ALL. I Just. Want. To. Sleep. On. My. Back.  :D ok goodnight 
    I'm in love with sleeping on my back. I plan on doing it till it feels crappy. 

I do wish I knew this last time...has anyone tried propping up pillows to simulate an OB's table? I couldn't quite get it right and my pillows would slip and I would just go to bed like an upset whale. 
  • @LaurenAnn0405 it is so unsettling when you think you've been feeling movement and then nothing for a couple days. I know that's completely normal at this point, but it's still hard not to freak out! I hope you get some peace of mind at your appointment tomorrow!
  • Has anyone ever gotten just ONE car seat but TWO bases for each car? If so, is there a certain way to go about ordering a second one?

• @crossfitbabybump I haven't actually ordered anything yet, but that's what we plan on doing. I just found the base for the carseat on amazon. You can probably just search for the "X brand carseat base" but I think I came across mine when I was looking at the carseat on amazon, and it was in the "frequently bought together" section. Of course, as with all baby-related items, I was floored at the price for just the base, but it's better than buying two seats.
  • Y'all. I dreamed last night that I gave Mindy Kaling a prenatal massage and afterward we hugged and both cried. Pregnancy dreams are so weird.
    This. All of this. I don't usually remember my dreams, but when I'm pregnant I get legit whackadoodle dreams that I actually remember. 
  • @stlbuckeye132 - thank you! I will check it out! :)
  • @crossfitbabybump that's what we did for our britax seat with our first. One carseat, 3 bases.. My car, dh's car and my mil's car because she watched my LO quite a bit. So much more convenient than trying to uninstall and reinstall bases every time you switch cars. I think Babies R Us generally sells the bases for most seats, or Amazon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @crossfitbabybump You don't necessarily need a second base. An infant seat can be installed properly using the seat belt. Find a car seat tech and they will show you safe installs. But if you do get a second base, we called the manufacturer because it was a little cheaper. They sent it to the store to save shipping.
  • @crossfitbabybump: I wouldn't buy two bases for one car (did I read that right?) but we had one base in both cars. We used the Chicco Keyfit and it was really, really easy to just plop the seat into the base and go.The base was easy to install but it was definitely more convenient not to even have to worry about it. I think we paid $80 for a second base. It was worth it to me when my husband dropped off and I picked up every day.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• antoto said:
    For people not wanting to wake up on their backs - I would HIGHLY recommend the pillow I got off Amazon. Because of the shape you start sleeping on your side and if you roll to your back you're still sort of propped up on one side so you will never be totally flat on your back.  I adore this pillow.  https://www.amazon.com/Shaped-Pregnancy-Pillow-Zipper-Removable/dp/B01B5ITZ4M/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509034440&sr=8-6&keywords=pregnancy+pillow

Also I finally got my flu shot.  I was being so lazy and kept putting it off (my midwives don't have it at their office for some dumb reason) but finally did it.  Fun fact:  IVF completely cured my fear of needles.  
    Huzzahhh! I am buying this pillow! It doesn't feel bad to be on my back, but I am just so dang paranoid I'm going to do something strange to my vena cava. I have a retroverted uterus and apparently that makes it easier for the uterus to tilt back on those all important vessels. I literally had too much time to Google this  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kiki75 yeah right is fine. Although I’ve noticed when I lay on my right side I ALWAYS get a Braxton hicks contraction? 
  • @kalawa I too opened up the Halloween candy this morning and ate several not-that-small chocolate pieces before 6am. No shame. 
  • @kalawa I work overnight tonight and I can’t eat a “lunch” so I pack snacks. And I like variety. I packed a mini twix, wunderbar, snickers and a few tootsie rolls. No shame. Oh but when someone catches me snacking as they’re coming to use the gym.... there is shame. Hahahaha who am I kidding. No there isn’t. 
  • @notthefather - yes I mean two bases, one for each car, we have two cars. That way we can just switch the carrier in and out of each car, whichever we choose or whoever takes her that day. I found exactly what I need, thank you ladies! I love this community!
  • @crossfitbabybump we got our second base from Amazon.
  • I love Amazon! I also got doggy/baby gates for the house that will actually fit!! :D
  • @antoto I bought that pillow first, it is so nice for lounging in to watch a movie but I think I am just too tall to lie flat on my side, the sides don't go low enough for me. the dog adores it better than his casper bed, or serta bed . I bought this oneErgonomic Sleep C Shape Maternity, Pregnancy, Nursing Pillow Body and Pain Relief Pillow with Case
    Sold by: V.LAVEN  Product question? Ask Seller
    $39.99
    if that link worked, ill be amazed, but I love it, it's less bulky, has no unstretchy seams, and is kind of malleable instead of puffy. 
  • @antoto  @leilaquinn I need to get one of these pillows! My hips are starting to bug me at night, and I'm going to have to get something soon. Thanks for the links! 
  • pregobeth said:
    @antoto  @leilaquinn I need to get one of these pillows! My hips are starting to bug me at night, and I'm going to have to get something soon. Thanks for the links! 
    Yeah this pillow is awesome for hip pain because you can put the pillow between your legs which really helps.
  • @kiki75 the right side just tends to cause more heartburn/acid reflux because of how things end up when everything is pushed up by baby. I still switch sides back and forth but try to stay on my left if I’m having more heartburn/acid reflux. I didn’t have that problem with my first until the third trimester but this time I’ve had it already. Sometimes I just prop a pillow under me so I can lay more on my back.