Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check In For The Week of October 23rd

Good morning!

Sorry this is a day late! I was having troubles with the app since last week.

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update.

Mommies  to be:

@caseyw8784 EDD 1/25 with 1 boy and 1 girl!

@thucks  EDD 2/17 Girl

@kaseycoco EDD 2/27 Boy!

@momma6angels11  EDD 3/9 (B/G twins)

QOTW: Have you made a baby registry?
              Are you having a shower and if 
               So how far along will you be at                      that time?  

Re: 2nd Trimester Check In For The Week of October 23rd

• Im 20+4  with  b/g twins
    My next appointment is with the OB on November 2nd.
    Im feeling about the same as last week but just getting used to it. When my little one lays on my stomach baby a (boy) always kicks him..lol.

Qotw: i just made a baby registry for target and babiesRus. As for baby shower im not asking for one but secretly hoping for someone to offer one. Even if its just geared towards girl stuff.. If i have one I hope its in the next 10 weeks.
  • I'm 23w3d with baby girl 
    My next apt is Oct 30th for a check up and a heart echo. I gotta figure this one out. I need a urine sample before my PA apt at 8:00 but then for my US at 8:30 my instructions are to empty your bladder first, then drink 1-2 eight oz glasses of water. You should finish drinking 30 minutes prior to your appointment. I guess I will need to arrive at the PA apt at like 7:30 do my sample and then drink 16oz by 8:00? lol oy ve.  
    I'm getting a lot more movement but its still pretty low. Even though my belly is the biggest up top and that's where I see the movement if she has the hiccups which seems to be often. 

QOTW: I have my registry at Target and justsimplybaby.com (cloth diapers). A friend of mine is insisting on throwing a sprinkle since it's been 4 1/2 yrs since I've had the twins. I will be 35 weeks when we do that. 
    Me: 33  DH: 39
    Me: Endo, PCOS, 
    DH: low life span and mobility 
    Married and TTC since 12/2008
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012
    IVF #2 11/2012 Twin Girls born at 35wks 7/2013
    ER 4/2016 Freeze all 11 embryo's 
    FET #1 5/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #2 7/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #3 09/2016 Thawed 3 Transfered 1 CP 
    FET #4 1/2017 Transfer 2 CP 
    FET #5 April 24, 2017 Transfering 1 BFN
    FET #6 June 8, 2017 Transfer 2 Beta #1 721 Beta #2 1363  
    US on 7/5 1 baby found EDD 2/24/18
    Insta acct ionlywant1more

• Loading the player...
  • I wasn't really planning to dress up for Halloween this year just take the twins for a walk but I guess I'm going to their preschool for their party so I just quickly expedited one of those skeleton shirts with a baby.. What is everyone else wearing if anything? I think we've talked about this lol 
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• @thucks thats strange.. if i have an Ultrasound and an appointment set for the same day and they do the ultrasound first but ofer for me to do my sample first. And i never need to drink water before because they always have me empty my bladder before ultrasounds. So yeah maybe go earlier like you said or ask if you can give your sample right after ultrasound??
  • @momma6angels11 I thought this was odd to.  Typically I do have an ultrasound before a doc apt. But my OB said to just keep my schedule since there isn't anything they are worried about. I usually alternate apts between the PA and OB. this apt is the PA's turn. Maternal medicine requested this heart scan so they tried to schedule it around the same time as my existing apt to save time off and gas. My OB will review the results and talk about them at his next apt on the 14th. Unless something is wrong then it would be prior. It says I need a full bladder for this type of ultrasound. 
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• Hi ladies, new to the 2nd trimester board. I'm 14wk 3 days with a baby boy. Due April 21.
    My next appointment is with my Ob on Nov 10th.
    Feeling anxious and just praying everything goes well.
    QOTW: I have started a registry on Amazon.com but haven't really put to much thought into it just yet. My mother and mother in law are throwing me a baby shower when I am around 34 weeks which will be the first weekend in March.
  • @rel_1987 Welcome to the 2nd Trimester. We have talked before in the board about taking the Lovenox. Have you had your anatomy scan yet? Do you know the gender from testing? 
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• rel_1987rel_1987 member
    edited October 2017
    @thucks hello how are you?  We did the NIPT and found out at 12 weeks were expecting a boy also at my NT scan at 13 weeks it was clear as day hes all boy lol.
  •   @thucks maybe its because there is only one this time? Im not sure as I never got an echo with my last one. I go on Nov 7th for an echo with the twins, but they never gave me any instructions on drinking water beforehand. 
  • @rel_1987 welcome to the second trimester!! I will get you added on next weeks thread..Thats great that both your Mother and Mother in law will be doing a shower together for you.
  • @momma6angels11 thank you. And yes I'm very fortunate both sides of our families get along well.
  • @ rel_1987 welcome!

I'm 22 weeks with baby boy and over the past week I've started to feel him moving a lot more. We have our anatomy scan tomorrow and I'm so excited to get a good look at the babe!
    QOTW I registered at Buy Buy Baby and on amazon. Since it's my first my mom and MIL offered to throw showers. Since my MIL lives about 2 hours away she asked to throw a separate shower in their hometown. The timing of the showers isn't ideal because of the holidays, but I will be about 29 weeks at one and 35 at the other (hope I'm not too uncomfortable for that one!!)
    @thucks that's quite odd about the timing of your appointments, like pp said, any way you can leave the sample after your ultra sound or no because they're with separate providers? The skeleton shirts are cute! I wanted to do this for my costume for those of you who remember the cool aid man lol! But I don't know if I'll get around to it.

TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey everyone! I am new to this board, currently either 13+5 or 14+0. (1st tri board is pretty dead right now so I figured I might as well jump over now) and actually have a question about that. According to my embryo transfer I should be due 4/27, but my OB measured me ahead when I first switched from the fertility clinic and they have me set for 4/25. I mean it's only a 2 day difference, but which one would you put more stock in?

Also I am pregnant with twins! According to PGS it's 1 boy 1 girl, so we are very excited! I have my next appointment tomorrow (whatever a standard 14 week appointment is) and actually had a bleeding scare earlier this week, so we're hoping and praying everything is still good! (it should be, but you know that nagging overdeveloped infertility fear)

QOTW: Yes I have made a baby registry. I did Amazon and Target, and I'm still working on them but I 'finished' the amazon one so I could get the welcome box! I will be having a baby shower. I assume my mom wil do one cause we live 15 min apart and I have tons of family in the area, but I do have a friend who offered if she doesn't want to. I'm hoping to have mine in January, probably around 25-27 weeks. Since it's twins I want to make sure I'm completely ready by like week 30...if there is such thing as completely ready! My 2 friends with twins had them at 28 and 33 weeks, so I'm kinda paranoid even though I really hope I can keep them in longer.

Wow sorry for the longer explanations my husband had to work super late so I'm obviously super deprived of adult conversation. I'm super excited to get to know you all!

• Hey Ladies!!! 

I am new to the 2nd Trimester board!! 
    I due April 22, 14w 5d with one little bundle. This will be our second child. Our daughter is 10 and we suffered secondary MIF. I guess stress of my husband's job (Army) interefered as genetic testing came back negative for abnormalities.

My next appt is tomorrow 10/27.  We will not find out the sex of Baby C until our 20 week U/S. I think they have performed blood tests, but they haven't confirmed anything. My husband is trying to be home from deployment for this U/S.  We are PCSing (moving to another Duty location) after the first of the year, so I have many questions for our OB on how this will work/what to expect.

• @kaseycoco i cant wait to see your update from your AS! That is great that you will get 2 showers! FX for feeling good when you get to 35wks! I love the costume idea!
  • @prayingfor2 and @nmtayWelcome nebies!! 
    @kaseycoco I love the kool aide man!!! We are setting up our van at our church Sunday for trunk and treat so I've been working on that whole thing. Otherwise I'd probably do something like the kool aide man or where the baby doll is ripping out of the tummy kinda thing. 
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012

• @nmtay congratulations and welcome to the second trimester! I will get you added to next weeks post! I personally would just keep your due date of 4/27 . Normally they dont change that due date unless you are measuring ahead by a week or more. Also with twins it really won't matter much because you will most likey be delivered early if babies dont come first. Its so great to have another twin mom-to-be!
    I also had a really scary bleed at 9 weeks and then again but not as scary at 12wks and of course lots of spotting. What did they say it was?

• @Prayingfor2 congrats and welcome to the 2nd trimester! I will get you added as well.i hope to see an update tomorrow after your ultrasound! I pray that your husband will be able to be there for the ultrasound..