January 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 10/21-10/27

DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 10/21-10/27

• Still sick over here, so it's been hard to determine what is sickness and what is pregnancy. Cough is still going strong, but it's productive which means a lot of gunk is going down into my stomach. So cue upset tummy yesterday. :(

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with moderate level period-like cramps (mostly on my left side). I drank some water and finally fell back asleep. I freaked out a bit because that's how my labor started with DD (waking up at night with period-like cramps) but I haven't felt anything this morning. I'm just trying to take it easy. Baby is still moving around like a wild animal. 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @missblaze I came here to also complain about mild period like cramps and then I remembered that I had these last time around and for me they were mostly gas pains. Apparently I blocked them out because dang... these hurt. And I know it’s mostly because homegirl has her head buried in my intestines. Time for the support and to move her up! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @missblaze I hope the cough is working itself out... Ugh! And boo to the cramping. I'll totally panic if I have that. On a side note, I've been without a regular period for so long (pregnancy + birth + 17 months of intense breastfeeding + two periods + pregnant again) that I genuinely forget what those cramps feel like  :o
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• I’ve reached the point where sneezing is painful bc my lungs can’t expand all the way!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Just threw up for five minutes straight in my office. Note to others: french fries = not fun to puke  :'(
    *TW*

• @EmilyLove25 sending you the biggest hug.  Puking stinks!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Well my boss just pulled me aside and informed me that I've been falling asleep sitting up. Repeatedly. 

I am humiliated, and also... I sleep like 10 hours a night, except for the pee breaks. I don't know how to prevent an issue I don't even KNOW about until after the fact. I'm jealous of all you who have offices with doors because I'm in a cubicle farm. 

I can't imagine a sleep study will do me any good six months pregnant, huh? They are just going to tell me I'm pregnant and I'm tired. 
  • @auntieraindrop Oh my wth! I definitely feel like I do have an office door--but that is very strange that you are falling asleep sitting up AND don't know it. I agree re: the sleep study (I feel the same way about the nausea... like no one can help they'll just say, Yeah, you're pregnant), but I would definitely mention it to your doctor asap. 
    *TW*

• Thanks.... I'm really humiliated and don't know what to do. :( I actually had a sleep study scheduled because of bad snoring (at home! at night!) but we cancelled it when I got pregnant. 
  • @auntieraindrop I'd bring it up to your provider. You are describing some symptoms of sleep apnea there. 
  • @auntieraindrop my dad was doing that when he wasn’t getting enough oxygen. He was finally diagnosed w pulmonary hypertension and put on oxygen which helped him immensely. It was scary to just see him nod off and not realize what happened, we literally had to video him doing it before he fully believed we weren’t just exaggerating. I’m 100% sure that’s not what’s happening to you, but I know how embarrassed he was about it. 

• I feel so sick to my stomach and short of breath. Lunch was over 2.5 hours ago. I am running out of room already.
  • I'm tired and having trouble falling back asleep after I wake up to pee.

Also, at the end of the night my very low back hurts a lot. Not unbearably, but enough that walking and sitting wrong tend to make the whole thing twinge.

@auntieraindrop That sucks; I agree that you should mention it to your provider. They might have an idea of what you can do, if a sleep study is off the table.
  • I'm also getting extremely uncomfortable and achey at the end of the day. My back and feet are killing me, and I just feel twice as huge.

@auntieraindrop I'm sorry girl. I hope you get some answers!
  • Yes to aches. All the peeing too! 

And I think I had my first Braxton hicks while at the mall today and started sweating a lot too. So gross. So I took a break and put my feet up in the food court...felt much better. 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Hello insomnia, I'm wide awake at 3:15am. I want to go back to sleep!
  • ok, anyone else getting third tri- constipation?? Cause dang. I had first tri issues with DD, but it went away and never came back. This time around, I was fine during first tri, but third trimester got me like... YO'! Where's the Miralax?!?!

• @burnsmommy27 That is precisely how I feel. Blah. 
    *TW*

• So 4 different BH contractions woke me up last night, not that I'm sleeping super deep but still. Uhh not fun
  • @IrishPiratess omg yeeessss. And I feel like nothing actually helps very much it’s sooooo annoying!

• My mood has gone to shit. I feel so huge and uncomfortable. I'm grumpy. I don't feel like doing ANYthing. 
  • I feel ENORMOUS. I’m sure my bump pic tomorrow will be interesting lol. 
  • @RC1014 I am hoping it’s the fact that it’s been a bit humid in MD recently. Here’s to cooler temps rolling in lol!
  • Dude seriously when the HELL can I stop packing deodorant in my purse? Hopefully November?!?!?!
  • Anyone else dying of heartburn?! I could drink a glass of milk and I end up with heartburn! Not to mention constantly peeing. All. Day. Long! And I feel like a whale! I can't seriously get much bigger... Can I?! 
  • @RC1014 I know it’s been crazy! And yes I think this weekend gets chillier into November thank God! And yes @averee12 mine was really bad so doc approved (2) Zantac a day and I still occasionally reach for the tums. Ugh!
  • @averee12 and @jaclyn0405 I was about to give myself a kidney stone with all the tums and alkaseltzer chewables I was eating.  I swear I got it drinking water!  Everyday no matter what I ate I had it allllll day long.  I finally asked the OB if I could take anything else and she sent in a RX for pepcide and I haven't had it since! (FX I don't get it today since I decided to make that bold statement...) According to them, pepcide works better than zantac because it stops the acid production or closes the valve or something like that.  I was still having heartburn on zantac so I would ask for something if you are still struggling!  Good luck ladies because it is the devil!  but I have heard it means our kids will have a head full of hair...silver lining?
  • sonalisharmasonalisharma member
    edited October 2017
    This App is on my phone only and don't have access to laptop in hubby's office,  and this bump app on my phone had locked me out since a week now.  Could not reply,  comment,  like,  post or anything  just could read the  posts,  felt awwwfffuuullll.
    Its working today.  At last....
    Just back from the hospital.  Had to b admitted in the hosp due to serious cramping on left side of stomach below the ribs to the pelvic area. Was in pain all day,  but thought it might just get better as the day passes... But no... It only got worse.  At the hospital the dr said it could b premature uterine cramps.  Couldn't diagnose what they were,  but gave me some injections through drip for the whole night,  by today afternoon i felt better and they sent me home.  
    They have put me on few medicines for a week now,  then will have to go back for a checkup.  Was a hell of a ride,  also couldn't b on the bump... So that was more stressful  ;)
    Edit: spelling. 
  • @sonalisharma Sorry about your hospital stay! Hope you get feeling better soon! 
  • @sonalisharma oh no! Fx baby stays put and you get some relief!
  • Thank you ladies <3. Read my post right now,  so many spelling mistakes... I think its because i didn't get enough sleep since 2 days. @schaze, @GraceUponGrace09  everything seems ok right now,  hope it continues this way. 
  • Has anyone else had allergy or pregnancy related painful gums? I was just at the dentist 2 weeks ago and everything looked great. I've had localized swelling for a week but it's not in the same spot (I currently have 3 spots). It hurts so bad that it's making my whole face hurt!
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • @Eags no personal experience, but my dentist warned about this kind of thing happening. I would definitely try to be seen. Pregnancy tumors are a thing and gum disease during pregnancy has been linked to preterm labor. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Eags I have a toothache that moves around that we suspect is inflammation from pregnancy. It's not too bad right now but sometimes it's awful. And it's not really a dental problem, because it's not always the same tooth! 

I did get an update from my doc about the sleeping thing. I have had sleep issues in the past (not the same as this, but Excessive Daytime Sleepiness is an old friend) and my doctor thinks we should do a sleep study to check for both apnea and narcolepsy (eek!) but that one of the specifics the test measures is how often you wake up in the night, which is totally skewed by late pregnancy. So we have to wait to test for it until I am not pregnant anymore. I told my HR manager that, so hopefully they will be willing to wait on that test before deciding I'm just a bad employee. :( In the meantime I'm keeping a sleep log and have a little timer at my desk to go off periodically to remind me to get up and move around more. 

Legs and belly hurt more now that baby is getting big. I've also got some weird numbness and tingling in my fingers? Doctor says pregnancy can cause carpal tunnel-like symptoms sometimes.
  • @auntieraindrop same with the tingling and numbness in my fingers!  I thought it was because I was sleeping on them or laying on them weird or something but maybe it's a thing?  I notice it a lot more in my feet sitting at work.  Like I keep having to reposition myself because a foot is falling asleep or something.  
    These days I just assume anything going on is just because I'm pregnant lol
  • @conineml @auntieraindrop Yep, I'm having the numbness and tingling in my hands and feet too. It comes and goes. 
  • @conineml @gilsam1 The way my doctor explained it was that if you retain fluid, even a little, in your arms, the space the nerve runs through gets smaller, and the nerve gets a little bit squished and that's what causes the sensation. 
  • Anyone else having a hard time just getting comfortable while sitting? My desk chair is like enemy #1 right now. I have a lumbar pillow that I started using because it seemed to help alleviate some of my rib pain but if I put it where I need it for that, then my lower back starts to hurt. If I put it to where my lower back doesn't hurt, my ribs start to hurt. I'm working until I go into labor so I basically have another 11 weeks of sitting in this chair (only taking off for Thanksgiving and Christmas day). Any tips?
  • I'm having the same problem, @gusgus14! But my pain is mostly in my tailbone. It started about a week ago. No tips, just here to say I feel you pain!