March 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) 
Any appointments this week coming up?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: (Stolen from Monday)
What is one thing you've purchased for this baby? What do you still have left to purchase?
Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: May 2008
DD Born: March 2018
DS Born: April 2019
Due with #3 December 2020!

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    Banana - 20 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?
    tired and anxious. My back hurts. 
    3) 
    My anatomy scan is tomorrow! YAY!
    I just want my husband home for more than one day at a time  :s
    What is one thing you've purchased for this baby? What do you still have left to purchase?
    the only thing we’ve purchased so far has been neutral baby clothes. We won’t need much else because we have toys/furniture from my daughter. 
    20 weeks, banana. Halfway!! ahhhhh

2) How are you feeling?
    I feel good. The ultrasound tech confirmed my anterior placenta so I am occasionally feeling baby move, but only on the sides and down low. I wish I could feel them in all their force! 

3) 
    I have a follow up with a nurse practitioner tomorrow (my OB had a baby last week so I have a NP for the next 3 months) to go over my a/s results from Friday and get a flu shot. 

I was so excited to have my anatomy scan on Friday but I didn't like the ultrasound tech. The baby had her arm on her chest (covering views of the heart) and the tech was getting frustrated which made me anxious. Towards the end of the appointment she said she only needed 5 more pictures and then we were done. I said, "Oh, did you already count the fingers and toes?" She paused and said, "Ok, I guess it's 6."  :| All I was thinking was, 'what else are you forgetting??' She told me she couldn't get the pictures of the heart she needed and wouldn't be surprised if I needed to come back again. She left the room to show the pictures to the dr on duty and then came back and said, "Ok you don't need to come back. We got everything." It just makes me nervous about my appointment tomorrow. 

6) GTKY: What is one thing you've purchased for this baby? What do you still have left to purchase?
    I haven't bought ANYTHING. I don't know why. I keep thinking, oh after I get a good checkup/ultrasound. I guess maybe big purchases makes me nervous? I think I picked out the nursery furniture I want. My mom is going to buy the crib and then I'll buy all the other furniture. I plan to hold off on buying a lot until after my baby shower, and see what's left that I need!

@ShawnnaO good luck at the a/s tomorrow! I hope you get some great pictures. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @JBcakes08 thank you! Your experience at your AS sounds so frustrating. I feed off other people’s emotions so much so having anything other than a happy u/s tech would really throw me off. 
  • @ShawnnaO exactly! Her frustrations were definitely rubbing off on me. I would ask a question and she would just seem annoyed. And as shallow as it is, I see everyone's cute anatomy pictures and the ones she printed weren't very good and just looks like a gray blob. I'm pretty sure that's the last ultrasound I get too. Everyone else seems to be having a good scan with great pics so I'm sure yours will be awesome! 
    20 weeks - Banana!

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty decent. Currently even the heartburn has let up a bit, just all the fun weird growing aches to deal with.

3) 
    Nope, nothing until November.

Hah, nothing baby-related. My mom's getting on my last nerve though (seriously, who complains to their adult child's friends when said adult child handles something in a way they don't like? Ugh. My poor friends.)

Silly science pun bib, in order to trigger the Amazon welcome box from my registry. I've also already been given a box full of baby clothes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks -- a carrot? 10.5ish inches :smile:

2) How are you feeling? The last 24 hours have been emotional with a late call from my clinic following up on the u/s, and then I didn't get the information until they opened this morning. Baby boy has the cord around his neck, so right now I'm just focusing on adjusting my mindset away from what I can't do anything about and more toward the things I can.

3) 
    Any appointments this week coming up? Next appointment is at 24 weeks for me.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just tired now. I want to hear lots of medical professionals reassure me that baby will be okay and all is good. I just want this baby to have the best shot at a quality life, as do we all, so I let my emotions take over sometimes. 

Ugh...well, nothing yet. We have a daughter and a son, so we have a bit of everything, which means we don't have a lot to purchase. I did just go buy DD some items for us to decorate and transform our guest room into her new room so our boys can share a room upstairs near us. DD loves sharing a room with DS, so we are working to make it a fun and special transition where she feels more grown up and like it's a good move rather than her being shipped out of her own room. I think we'll wait to make any purchases until we transition DD to her new room and DS to his new bed (out of the crib). I anticipate we'll do everything in December/January. 

• JBcakes08JBcakes08 member
    edited October 2017
    @LiveNLove44 oh my gosh!! I just read your update in the questions thread as well. I can't believe that they won't do another ultrasound until the 3rd trimester!! That seems like so much unnecessary worrying for you. If your a/s was on Friday, then he could've already unraveled himself. I'm not sure what the right course of action on their part should be, but I feel like they should be offering more support other than just checking it later. Do you mind me asking what type of 'concerning symptoms' they told you to look out for? 
    I am thinking of you and truly hope and pray he is ok. I'm so sorry you got this news. I know the babies are constantly flipping up and down right now so I hope he untangles himself immediately!  <3

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 20 weeks.  I can't believe I am halfway.

2) How are you feeling?  Fine, just the same dragging tiredness.  

3) 
    Any appointments this week coming up?  Not this week

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Had my anatomy bscan last week.  Everything looked good.  She had a tough time getting the right side of the heart, but said nothing pointed to an abnormality.  I get regular Sonos to check my cervix, so she said she would confirm next time.  Of course, makes me nervous, so I won't stop being anxious until I get the all clear.

What is one thing you've purchased for this baby? What do you still have left to purchase?  I haven't purchased anything.  I feel terrible about that, but I am saving bc I have some big expenses I want to buy new for her.  Plus, Christmas gets expensive when you have a large family.  I will probably buckle down and get most things after the holiday.
  • @LiveNLove44. I am so sorry you are dealing with that stress.  FWIW, my first daughter and second son had the cord around their necks and everything turned out ok.  My second son's was so bad that it looked like a giant scarf on his 3D/4D ultrasound.  I don't know what your doctor told you, but mine said that when they are in utero there is so much fluid that it helps them from compressing the cord and cutting off circulation.  I was still freaked out for the next 10+ weeks.  They both did decel during delivery, which can be scary, but it sounds like your OB is being proactive and you will be monitored diligently and he/she will intervene as needed.  I will pray that everything remains ok.
  • I'm a day late! Oops

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    19 and 1 day today

2) How are you feeling?
    Sore with lots of stretching pains and very very hungry. I am also an emotional nutcase, but that's pregnancy.

3) 
    Nope! Our next U/S is our anatomy scan when I'll be 21 weeks or so. Appointment a few days after.

I could rant that my MIL tells me that I look like I had a big lunch every time I see her, and that I don't look pregnant at all. It's not a big deal, but like, keep your comments to yourself man.

I haven't purchased anything yet. Last time around, I had nearly everything for DD by now.  This time, I'm like, "meh. I have time."  I've been given some baby boy clothes from a friend already, and my MIL has some for me too.  
    Big items like swing, car seat, bassinet, etc...I'm not that worried about yet.  
  • Sorry, once again I'm here a day late. :)

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    20 weeks - banana!

2) How are you feeling?
    Pregnancy-wise: just fine. We moved on Saturday, which is great, but also a huge change, and is triggering some depression relapses. Lots of depression naps and caffeine this week. Thankfully, I can afford to take time to nap this week, as we have no time crunch to unpack.

3) 
    Ultrasound on Friday!!!! I'm so excited, but also really nervous!

Nope. Just in a constant state of anxiety until I see that heartbeat on the screen - I still haven't felt baby move.

We haven't purchased anything yet, other than a bigger house :D DD will be 2 in a month, so her infant car seat is still good. We'll be purchasing a twin bed for her birthday, so baby will get the crib. We're holding off to purchase anything else until we know if we're having a boy or a girl, but really all that's left is clothing. ...I think. :)

@JBcakes08 - I see nothing wrong with waiting until after your shower to buy things! You never know what people might get you. My MIL gave us basically the first 9 months worth of clothing that she had garage-saled. (We're fine with garage-sale stuff, and she knows we are, so it wasn't a weird gift.) We didn't buy DD's car seat until 3 weeks before she was born, which was a little less proactive than I usually like to be, but it worked out okay. :) (And I'm so sorry about your ultrasound experience. That sounds so unpleasant and stressful!)
  • @LeahS927 moving is so stressful! As much as I want to buy a new house, I can't even think about it! 
    And thank you! I had a f/u with the dr today to go over the results from the scan and she seems to think everything is fine so I will try to relax as much as I can! 

18w(1d at this point...), artichoke

2) How are you feeling?
    Good.  Energy level is pretty good, just ready to start feeling consistent movement to help calm my nerves.

3) 
    Anatomy Scan Friday - nervous and excited!

nope

Um... I bought a moon light for the nursery.  So not much.  But we basically only need a double stroller and second crib/dresser.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @jbcakes08 FWIW I had an anterior placenta with DD and felt like the techs always had trouble getting the pictures they needed because of where the placenta was.  Like, it took forever to get a profile shot.  Also, it is common to have to go back to remeasure things - so don't panic if that happens. (I had to go in a second time for heart pics.)

@LiveNLove44 So sorry you're dealing with this.  Hope baby gets that cord unwrapped.

Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • I'm always late to the party with these.  Life seems to be getting ahead of me... yet his pregnancy feels like it is going so slow!

Weeks/fruit: 19, mango

Feeling: in now taking 2 different meds to try to suppress my nausea... and I'm finally winning!  I actually gained 2 pounds this week (a good thing).

Appointments: saw my Ob this week.  

Everything looks good.  My anatomy scan is next week.

Rants/Raves: I want to write a thank you letter to the makers of ondansetron (the anti-emetic that is finally working)

Purchases:  none made, none needed (but this is our 4th kid in 4 years and our family is a firm believer in hand me downs).
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker