January 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker 10/23

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week/last? 

4) How are your baby preparations going? 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6) GTKY: Have you ever won an award or trophy? What was it for?

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker 10/23

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 weeks / Rory is the size of Bowling Pin

2) How are you feeling? Ok, a lot of pelvic pressure. My pelvic area in general is just so sore and hurts to touch it.

3) Any appointments this week/last? Last week, I had an appointment to check my cervix length. She said it’s still short and soft, but not open. Wooh. We did a Fetal Fibronectin swab test and it came back negative so no baby for at least two weeks. Hopefully. haha

4) How are your baby preparations going? Things are planned, but hardly anything is bought. I’m kinda getting anxious about this now. There’s a lot of this needs to get done before we can do this for her room. So I’m trying to not mentally stress about it, but at the end of the day, I’m on bedrest, I can’t do anything to help with things, so it’s going to stress me out not having things done.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: Bedrest blows… even if it’s modified so I can work from home and drop DS off at daycare.

Rave: Keeping this baby in by being on bed rest is good.

Ehh: I think DH has some sort of surprise baby shower planned for the new babe, but I have not clue, and it’s kinda driving me insane not knowing whats going on because I need to financially plan and start buying things for her but since he’s being so cryptic about this I don’t know what I should do.

6) GTKY: Have you ever won an award or trophy? What was it for? I won the geography bee in middle school. Totally counts, right? haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

27 weeks, baby is the size of a head of lettuce (eggplant, small pot roast, cauliflower). Depending on how you count it, this is either the last week of the second trimester, or the first week of the 3rd! Eek! I choose to count it as the third, because it's my uterus and I can. 

2) How are you feeling? 

I have ANOTHER ear infection. But otherwise feeling pretty good. Starting to get a really disjointed feeling around the hips, and my nausea is back occasionally. If my blood pressure holds ok and nothing goes wrong, only 10 more weeks until I meet this little dude. 

Last week I had an appointment, for BP monitoring, and it was stupid high, but I told the doctor (truthfully) that I had vomited up my meds two mornings in a row and I don't really dare double dip them, so I wasn't at all surprised it was high (146/100). She had me take another dose, and now has me on an antacid med in the morning, because keeping that BP pill down is important! It's helping.

My last blood draw my thyroid was running a bit low so I got a boost on that medication, but my iron is still looking pretty good. Thank goodness. I don't need to add more constipation to my mix!

The in-laws finally brought up the crib last night, and as I was afraid of, it's missing parts. Like, enough parts that it doesn't really make a whole crib anymore. So back to the drawing board on that. MIL is making me crazy, saying don't worry about looking for cribs, she'll figure it out, and I can have anything I want. Well if I can have anything I want, why don't I look around and see what I want? Like if we're getting a NEW crib after all, I would really like to get one that matches everything else!  

My mother and my MIL have decided to throw a joint shower. This makes a lot of work for me trying to coordinate between them both. Make it stop. 

I won the "Nose in a Book" award in my seventh grade class. Ha. I got my picture in the yearbook, and a bookmark, and a gift card to Barnes and Noble. 

• Loading the player...
  • jaclyn0405jaclyn0405 member
    edited October 2017

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? I am 30 weeks today, holy crap lol! And as for how big she is...I have a zucchini on one app and a motorcycle helmet on the other...I am perplexed because those are on different spectrums and Lord knows I don't have a helmet in my belly right now hahaha.

2) How are you feeling? I am feeling okay still! Things are just slower and moving around in bed at night is sometimes a struggle.  My allergies have been acting up, so boo to them also lol.

3) Any appointments this week/last? I have my 30 week appointment on Friday.

4) How are your baby preparations going? I feel very accomplished after this weekend.  All of the major painting is complete in her nursery, I will probably just need to do some touch-up paint tonight.  I have cleaned out our 3rd bedroom, which is our closet (yes we have an issue with shopping lol), and organized all my clothes and packed everything away that is summer and/or winter that won't fit me lol and moved anything that has been purchased for her, out in the hall.  Tonight I plan to clean her closet, add a second hanging rod, and put away her diapers and clothes (I am leaving washing for a little bit later).  We also purchased (2) rugs for her room this weekend, a dresser, and roll shades for her windows.  Little by little it is all coming together.  My shower is this weekend too, so I am pumped!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: I made a bangin' homemade spinach dip yesterday that I plan on indulging in again when I get home tonight lol.

6) GTKY: Have you ever won an award or trophy? What was it for?  Oh dear I have won a lot, I don't want that to sound conceited lol, but I was an athlete and a self-proclaimed bookworm and dork hahaha.  So there are trophies for basketball and state championships for rowing and medals for Division I rowing in college.  I also won spelling bees when I was younger and awards for my writing. I was also given some award at my 8th grade graduation for being the school President and something else, but pregnancy brain won't let me remember haha.  I am all over the place when it comes to awards and trophies lol. 

• I'm back! I couldn't post for like a week and I'm so behind now!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

29 weeks! He's the size of a Barbie convertible, or an acorn squash. I'm not so sure about those comparisons. Lol. 

2) How are you feeling? 

Great! I have very few complaints. 

I saw the OB today and I'll see the midwife tomorrow. Next week is the chiro and MFM. And the week after that is the OB again. Holy moly. Everything is good though! Just waiting on my glucose test results. 

They're going. I have lots of clothes, newborn diapers and odds and ends. I have one more shower next month!

I bought these awesome leggings at Target that I want to live in but I need tops that cover my butt. Lol. Anyway, I may buy another pair because they're just that awesome. 

I have! I won an award for classical voice at a music competition a few years ago.