April 2018 Moms

Delivery room survey

2»

Re: Delivery room survey

• Are you a FTM, STM? 

FTM
    Who will be in the delivery room with you? 
    Def just DH once I start pushing, but we will prob let our parents be there for the early stages. 

Will you be delaying visitors? (Having them come the next day, when you get home, do a Sip N See, etc) 
    Just our parents and my grandmother the first day, and then others can come afterwards. We have so many family and friends in the area that I am worried that we will have a revolving door once we've get home. I've already told DH that he has to be the bouncer/bad guy and kick people out and he has agreed lol. 

If you are a STM, who was in the room with you before? Is there anything you would change? Add? Etc

@ftm_ohio a sip n see is a party held shortly afterward a baby is born and you invite people over to have some light refreshments (the sip part) and to look at the baby (the see part). It's mostly a Southern thing but Meagan from the Real Housewives of OC had one for her daughter so I guess it's spreading to other areas lol
  • Are you a FTM, STM? STM

My husband for sure and possibly my mom

Will you be delaying visitors? (Having them come the next day, when you get home, do a Sip N See, etc) 
    We didn't have tons of visitors last time, but will probably delay them a bit. 

If you are a STM, who was in the room with you before? Is there anything you would change? Add? Etc  
    Both my husband and my mom were there.  I liked having them both there.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mcg920 thanks, sounds like a PITA for mom unless they are bringing their own refreshments haha
  • @ftm_ohio that was my thought as well- like the last thing I'm gonna want to do is throw a party and host a bunch of people with wine and food while they pass my baby around. I probably sound awful but something like that would stress me right the F out. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Are you a FTM, STM? 
    STM

Hubbie and my sister (if she makes it into town in time). 
    Oh yeah and the doctor. 

Yup, we didn't limit with my daughter and, since he's apparently unfamiliar with knocking, now my FIL has seen my vagina and breasts. Yay!

No doula this time (don't feel like I'll need it). Really want my sister there this time (it was the plan last time but DD came earlier than expected). Since I've been through it once, I am definitely laboring longer at home than I did with DD. I was only 2 cm when I showed up at L&D triage (yes I know, I'm that woman) so I had to hang out there for 2 hours before I progressed to 4 cm and I got a room! (not blaming the hospital. that was my own damn fault).

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Are you a FTM, STM? 
    STM
    Husband and potentially one or two of my sisters.
    No, but I will be more direct about how long visits should last. Also, I’m going to ask for more help and less pass the baby.
    My husband was with me the whole time and my sister joined when I was pushing until just after the baby was born (she quietly left when all the nurses were done). The rest of our families came in shifts throughout the rest of our stay. It worked out well for us in the hospital, but once we got home we should’ve been more direct. Some visitors just parked themselves on our couch for hours hogging the baby.

*my biggest suggestion is if you plan on breastfeeding do not feel stuck nursing in your bedroom! If you’re not comfortable nursing in front of a guest they should leave, not you!
  • Are you a FTM, STM?  STM

DH only

Hell yes.  I was so incredibly tired and overwhelmed, and grouchy about people touching my baby after I gave birth.  I looked like crud too, so the last thing I wanted was a parade of germ infested people asking me stupid shit, taking pictures, handling my baby, and keeping me from sleeping.  Everyone wanted to throw down drama over not being allowed in for a few hours, but I wouldn't change a thing.

If you are a STM, who was in the room with you before? Is there anything you would change? Add? Etc. 
    I was very happy with my birth experience, so I don't think I will change anything other than bringing books with me.  Last time I was too anxious and on alert for changes.  Now that I know what's what, I'll just chill more.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @frenchiekinplusone you don't sound awful, I'm with you girl!

• Are you a FTM, STM? TtM

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Birthtub in my living room probably will be BF and midwife, maybe my mom.

Will you be delaying visitors? (Having them come the next day, when you get home, do a Sip N See, etc) next day or weekend following 

First birth hospital: ExHub, my mom, delivery team

Second birth: exhub, his mom, midwife #1

BabyFruit Ticker
    EBF, BLW, BW, CD, Waterbirth, Calm Birth, Homebirth, FC, GI Awareness, Informed Choice
    DD 5y
    DS 3y Generation Intact
    Step DD 5y
    Step DD 3y
  • Are you a FTM, STM? 
    FTM

Just DH and potentially a birth photographer, since I'm also a photographer it'll likely be one of my close photographer friends. I'd be completely ok with my stepmom and/or sister in the room but since we're delivering at a hospital 1.5 hrs away not sure how that will work.
    DH is super super squeamish and gets very easily grossed out with blood, guts, or anything medical. He's super stressed and anxious about the birth and how he'll handle it.  Honestly I'm not really sure how he'll handle it. I'm hoping he'll be so focused on keeping me chill that he won't have time to think about it once the active pushing starts.

Nope, I think I'll be fine with people visiting in the hospital. Again since we're delivering at a hospital 1.5 hrs away I think that will delay the visitors we have. I have a feeling only my family and SUPER close friends will make the drive. Out of my close friends one is due two weeks before me I know she won't visit since she'll have a newborn and 2 year old at home, and another will be out of the country. I'd venture we'll have most our visitors at home but I've even considered delaying any sort of announcement until after we've been home a couple of days.