December 2017 Moms
Options

MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check in 10/17

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? 

Do you feel ready for your little ones to arrive?  What do you need to do yet? 

What rants/raves/questions/advice?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check in 10/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 30 weeks singleton

Any appointments this week/last? nope nothing for 2 more weeks then EOW

Do you feel ready for your little ones to arrive?  What do you need to do yet?  umm I'm feeling better about it. I have the newborn cloths in the dresser and we're almost done with the nursery room set up (though to be real this one will be sleeping in a PNP in our room for a while. I need to pack my hospital bag at some point. I think I feel better that we have the van now too so we can all be in the same car. we need to finalize the room arrangement and artwork for the nursery and get a few items back that we have loaned out but other wise were pretty good. 

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  I know some of you may have those babies sooner rather than later but one thing I enjoyed was making a point to have a few date nights with DH... life is changing in a big way and it was nice to have a few moments to focus on just us. 
       No rants at the moment, so maybe that is also a rave...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @wabash15 Yeah, we’ve been trying to spend a lot of time together on dates and stuff. Everything is about to change, so I want to give us some special time. Good advice!

How far along are you? 
    29+3 with mo/di twin girls :)

Last week had our growth scan. Baby A is measuring 2.6lbs and Baby B is 2.8lbs. No signs off TTTS. Going great!

Haha no!  I’m ready to meet them and have them, but I could totally wait a while longer lol. I would be ok to have to wait another 3 months, but I probably only have about a month and a half, maybe 2 months. Still need to get EVERYTHING except furniture. We have some clothes, and that’s it. Showers are this coming weekend and next weekend, so we’ll be able to know what we need after that. 

Rants...hmmmm...none right now. None BABY related at least. Ill spare you all the day to day ranting that goes on in my head about this freaking remodel. 
    Raves...we’ve got our first twin parenting class tonight. I hope I like it and it doesn’t bore my husband to death. He’s never even changed a diaper, so he’s got some shit to learn. 
    Did you really have to try a billion different bottles before your kids settled on one?  I’ve got the dr browns and tommee tippee ones on my registry just in case. I feel like that’s plenty. 
    Advice: relax and be lazy as much as possible!  I’m realizing that I’ll never be able to see pens all day in bed watching Netflix ever again soon, so I’m doing it as much as I want guilt free. Love it. My husband loves it too, since he just lays around with me.  He’s totally one of those sympathy pregnant husbands lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Wabash15 I think we are pretty similar in what we are doing with our babies and what we have left to do!  @breezybee My boys were introduced to standard nipples in the NICU and they were the same as the Dr. Brown's bottles I already had, so luckily we didn't have to try any others.  I almost wish we would of because they have soooo many parts. However, they were refluxy and I do think they helped.  Team Dr. Brown's here as we also have their bottle warmer (highly recommend) and their mixing pitcher. Also highly recommend if you are using formula!  

How far along are you? 31w4d! I officially made it longer this pregnancy than I did with my boys! Yay! 

Any appointments this week/last? I had an OB appt last Thursday. Pretty standard. Another one next Tuesday and after that I start going weekly.  

Do you feel ready for your little ones to arrive?  What do you need to do yet?  Honestly, I think I didn't want to jinx myself by doing anything before 31 weeks so I hadn't done anything. We also had everything major, so it's not like I needed to buy stuff. However, my mom had my boys over the weekend, so I made SO move some furniture out of our room so I could set up the pack n play (we don't have room for another crib) and I ordered a single stroller and a small portable chest of drawers that I can put this ones clothes in. I need to get some laundry detergent and now go through all of the boys clothes. We were team green with the twins so thankfully from newborn-three months all of our clothes are gender neutral.  I got a notification that my drawers got there today, so now I'm ready to go through the clothes.  I also need to pack my hospital bag and get the bottles back out of storage!  I don't know that we needed a single stroller, but it was on clearance and if I'm taking this one anywhere alone I don't want to have to lug our double around!  

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  FTM's I will second Wabash. Spend all the time together!  It'll be very hard to do once they arrive!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @breezybee so DS would take any bottle/nipple what ever as long as it had food in it he would take it (we had stocked up on tomme tippie). DD was SUPER picky.  She initially would ONLY take the one time use nipples from the hospital (though I think I used them 50 times each) after that we had to do a serious bottle hunt for her.  In the end the brand she would take were the latch bottles. We did not do any specific warming of breastmilk/formula, the only time we warmed BM is if we were thawing a batch and it was still slushy.
    @tmk0325 thats great that your mom took the boys over the weekend. we have yet to leave the twins with anyone overnight yet... though it is a dream I have. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 Do you not have any family or friends nearby? It’s been crucial to my sanity to let one of the grandmas take ours for a night here or there! Once they started sleeping through the night (7 months old) I actually booked us a 4 day vacation to New Orleans. It was amazing. I’d say they now stay by one of the grandparents houses at least once a month! We are very lucky both our parents are within 5 miles of us otherwise we’d never get a break. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 That's so cool! Our parents are older so I'm not sure they'd be able to take the twins overnight, but they will have an aunt who may volunteer for that every so often. 
  • Options
    @tmk0325 no we moved half way across the country when I was 12 weeks with the twins and knew no one. our family is on either coast and we are now in the midwest. So its just been DH and I. DH only got the day off the twins were born because he had just started a new job... so maternity leave was interesting being solo with the twins. We have a few friends now that have been able to help baby sit if one or both is super sick and I have to go to work but no family to leave them with. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options

@wabash15 In addition to spending time with each other, we're trying to spend time with our friends too. We're having a "final dinner" as my husband has decided to call it with a few of our friends in November. I'm nervous about how our relationships with our childless friends will change after the twins arrive. A few of them are trying for their own though, so hopefully they'll have some good news soon!

@breezybee I'm glad your girls are doing so well!

@tmk0325 Congrats on passing your 31 week milestone! If these babies come that early I will FREAK OUT!

How far along are you? 
    30+4

Had a quick OB appointment on Monday. Met another one of the OBs from the practice and really liked her. She has a set of b/b twins herself so that definitely made her more relatable. And I had my growth scan at the MFM today. Our boy is 4 lbs, 80th percentile and our girl is 3lbs 12oz, 67th percentile so they're both growing well and on track with previous weeks. I also found out that I'll be starting weekly NSTs when I hit 34 weeks.

No. We just had a contractor come to start finishing our attic and so all the crap that was in the attic is now basically in every other spot of our house because DH waited until the last minute to move everything and just threw it wherever there was space. We also need to paint the trim in the nursery and move all the furniture in there. Get the car seats installed... pack my hospital bag... sell some furniture we're not using... Ughhh if you can't tell, I'm a little stressed out right now.

See rant in previous question... rave: I'm really happy the babies are measuring so well and I'm going to an afternoon tea at a new little Alice in Wonderland themed tea shop with my best friend this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that.

Can't think of any questions right now.
  • Options
    @wabash15 that really stinks! I’m sorry, I couldn’t imagine not having any family near by and your hubby not getting any time off either. Which part of the Midwest are you in? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    31 +3 with the twins.

Oh my lord, wabash15, I am so, so sorry that you ended up with a stomach bug. Mine was yesterday and I'm pretty sure I've never been that miserable in my life. I can't tell if I'm a weenie or if it was as bad as I felt.  I'm back at work this morning trying to power through the rest of this week. I just don't have the time to take so if I can make it I'm here! I'm going to the store for yogurt to help replenish the good gut stuff. Cause this morning and today's lunch have resulted in mega heartburn.

I know that is excellent advice on getting some date nights in. Even just hanging out with friends for a social evening a couple of times before the twins get here also sounds appealing.

Rave goes to my showers, both of them where successes! My family one was Saturday and it was a lovely happy experience. My work one was held today and my work family really did it nice. So cute with a rubber duckie theme. I'll be requesting pictures from those that took some.
    Extra rave to my sisters and my mom who were tons of help in getting the sorting started in the babies room. We started the washing/folding/storage of all the baby stuff.

Rant my cat barfed on my newly shampooed carpet.

Question: I've been having random back spasming like pains since getting over the stomach bug. Wondering if it is how braxton hicks will go for me or if I've maybe gotten a UTI. One of these spasming pains woke me up out of a dead sleep last night. I've no other symptoms of a UTI.

• Options
    @leilagphillips your relationships with kid-less friends may change... if they like kids it might not be so big a change but I have found that schedules are key with twins... and parents that don't have kids may not understand the need to keep to a schedule... though if you explain it it may help. Also I have to admit it can be hard to keep up with friends... after having the twins sometimes I feel like I barely keep up on life between work, family, trying to keep the house from looking like a tornado hit the next priority was sleep. It has gotten better as they have gotten a bit older but it can still be so hard keeping up with friend unless I can combo it with a play date, and even then. 
        hell even my relationship with DH changed...he is an amazing dad and is good with the kids but gets stressed out easily.  Having twins really forced us to focus on our communications. trying to remember to cut eachother some slack even when your both exhausted and crabby.  Also something we instituted was a check list of basic cleaning that had to be done each week... like cleaning the floors or the bathroom, changing the cat pans etc. That way we would try to tackle one task each night to make it less overwhelming and we could both visually see what needed to be done. We also when eating/prepping dinner we ask each other if we have any specific goals for the night. (something we feel is important to accomplish). DH often had goals that were not anywhere on my radar and would get super frustrated that he could not get things done that he wanted to. So we each list any goals (it could be as simple as just going to bed, or paying bills or he wants to get something done on the computer) That way we both know what each others priorities are  and can help make that happen. So if the twins wake up and he has a goal he needs to get done I will wrangle and he can get done what he needs to or vice versa. 
    @stella_700 I hope you feel better soon. sick by it self is bad, sick and pregnant is worse. I'm so glad your showers went well!  I wonder if it is more a symptom of dehydration. I would try to drink more if you can and maybe try a heating pad to see if that helps...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @beary67 I'm thinking of you and sending Baby B healthy, positive thoughts! I hope you all make it through the weekend without any complications and that those babies can stay inside and cook a little longer! <3
  • Options
    Oh @beary67 thinking of you and both of your baby boys.  I'm sorry you are in the hospital but glad that they are monitoring closely. Please keep us updated <3
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @beary67 Oh dear. I’m sending you good thoughts that they can figure out what’s going on and fix it so both babies can stay in a little longer. Are they thinking they may have to come out soon, or are they trying to find a way that they can both stay in?  Hugs 
  • Options
    @beary67 Thinking of you and sending hugs and positive thoughts to all three of you.  Those boys have such an amazing, loving mom and are so lucky to have you!   <3
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @beary67 sending you thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted! How many weeks are you?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @beary67 sending lots of love and prayers your way. Hang in there baby B. Same goes for you momma.... I can only imagine how stressful this is and worried you are. Update when you can
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @beary67 Thanks so much for the update - I've been thinking of you and checking :blush:  Okay, wow, so you're having your babies really soon.  It's amazing; I can't believe we're here after all this time!  And I am so sorry that you're having to deal with so many complications but I admire you so much for your grace and steadfastedness in doing so, and will continue to pray for you, the boys, and your medical team for everything to go well as you get closer to delivery.  Lots of hugs!  <3
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    Continuing my prayers for you @beary67 and for the boys!  You've got this! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @whiska said it perfectly, but you’re amazing @beary67. Stay strong and I’ll keep sending good thoughts your way!  You’re in the best place to keep those babies safe, so hang in there!  Hugs and thanks for the update!
  • Options
    @beary67 I've been thinking about you and your babies a lot these last few days. Thank you for taking the time to fill us in. Wishing you nothing but the best and keeping you and your babies in my thoughts. I know what you're going through now is so challenging, but you are clearly one tough lady and it sounds like your doctors and nurses are doing all they can to give you the best possible care, so I hope everything starts improving for you very soon!
  • Options
    @beary67 I'm late with my well wishes, thoughts, and good vibes. You've got them. Hoping for a great outcome this week with our first births for our month. Thinking of baby B and hoping that placenta can hang on a bit more. You are a warrior Mom!
  • Options
    @beary67 I'm glad they are watching you so closely. Even if these kiddos have to come this week, being almost 34 weeks is AMAZING. you have done such a great job with a lot of challenges. So many hugs and prayers. keep us updated. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @beary67 I'm so sorry I couldn't comment sooner (I'm one of the people affected by the login issue), but I just wanted to let you know that I've been praying and thinking positive thoughts for you and your babies. @wabash15 is right, I know 34 weeks seems scary, but a friend of mine had her twins at 34 weeks and they are both healthy. Only one baby had to stay in the NICU for a week and the other went home with her. FX your doctors make the right decision on whether it's best for the babies to stay inside or they can do more for them outside. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! 
  • Options
    @beary67 thanks for updating us! Almost 34 weeks is good! I was 31 weeks exactly when I delivered and my boys and they are happy, healthy 16 month olds. Hopefully that helps give you a little piece of mind. Being in the hospital is the best place for you right now and I hope all goes well for a while yet. Keep us posted as you can. Sending you lots of good vibes from over here!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jennasaisquoijennasaisquoi member
    edited October 2017
    Oh my gosh, I can finally reply! I've been following along, but got rerouted every time I tried to post for the last few weeks. 

@beary67, thinking of you and your sweet babies! Hang in there.  <3 34 weeks is nothing to sneeze at.