March 2018 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change (10/21, 10/22)

ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
edited October 2017 in March 2018 Moms
Looks like the weekend ticker change was forgotten because so many people couldn't get on TB. So now that it's fixed, better late than never...  :)

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling, any symptoms?

3) 
Any appointments this week coming up?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: Halloween question - what are you most scared of?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change (10/21, 10/22)

• Thank you @ashleyf911 TB was cray this weekend! I was able to love tit but not write anything on Saturday, then they took away my love tit on Sunday! I was so frustrated lol

) How far along are you? How big is baby? 21+2 weeks with my guy! He is the size a banana. Now I want a banana...

2) How are you feeling, any symptoms? Sinus infection has been a killer. I'm guess the increased blood flow/fluids in my body have contributed to all the mucus too. It has been miserable as I can only take certain meds.

3) 
    Any appointments this week coming up? MFM appointment Friday where they will complete my anatomy scan. This uncooperative little boy wasn't having it last Friday.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? So, so grateful and thankful for DH. He got me a humidifier for our bedroom as I have been hacking all my lungs up with this sinus infection. And so far it has helped immensely.

Ghosts. I don't want anyone to come at me with anything related to ghosts. The way my bladder is set up this pregnancy I'd pee my pants if I saw one lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  •  Yay! Thank you!! 

18 weeks(Sunday) Artichoke!!

Tired. Still throwing everything up at night. I think a lot of it has to do with GERD, not sure.

3) 
    Had an appt on Friday! Baby's heartbeat is strong and in the 140's! Scheduled the anatomy scan on 11/6! I cannot wait to find out what baby is!

Still haven't begun on our bedroom so we can get baby's room together. It's going to be building the back room from ground up and we really need to get started. 

5) GTKY: Halloween question - what are you most scared of? Losing more grandparents. I'm almost 33 and lost my fist grandma in September. There are 5 more and I'm just not ready. 
  • @kelsajo it is tough.... lost my Gma August 4, then my Gpa August 21. It hurt so much but I know baby boy has some amazing examples to follow. I can't wait till he's old enough for me to tell him about them  o:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • amylonghornamylonghorn member
    edited October 2017
    Ladies - oh how I've missed you!! I was plagued with TB tech issues and am so glad to be back and connecting with you!! <3 Ah, the little things, amirite?! Thanks for posting this thread @ashleyf911 - LOVE the Daria GIF! Hiiiiiiiii @cford08!

@kelsajo I'm so sorry for your loss. That is amazing you still have 5 grandparents!! My grandma was my last living grandparent and she passed less than a week after I took my daughter to meet her last year. That was super important to me so it meant a lot that they got to meet. Sending hugs your way!!

18 weeks Sunday - artichoke

I can't kick being tired, but otherwise I feel good!! Baby is getting more active in there...

3) 
    Nope...(im)patiently waiting for anatomy scan Nov. 6...

I think I have posted here before how my 19-year-old stepson is living with us. He is driving me nuts. Mostly because he quit his job 2 weeks after moving in at the beginning of June and has since done NOTHING. It's so annoying - like, his presence just irks me because he is such a bump on a log. He is supposed to join the military, but the process is taking forever and I don't get it. He has until the end of the year to move out, but I'm ready now. When he pays his rent Nov 1, I am looking forward to saying, "60 days notice!!" We need his room for the new LO, so he has GOT to go. I have always had a place for him in my home, and now I'm having a child who needs a place in my home. Ok rant over - if you made it through this rant, bless you!!

Wasps. I'm deathly afraid of getting stung and we get them BAD here in the summer.

ETA something I forgot because Mom Brain + Pregnancy Brain!!
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    19 week on Sunday - mango!

I really feel pretty good! I can't complain.

3) 
    Nope. Had my anatomy scan last Monday, and it was the coolest thing! Makes me a little sad that was probably my last ultrasound though, assuming everything goes well from here on out.

Daycares!! I can't deal. I've had a permanent stress headaches for a couple weeks now thinking about this. We have two tours this week, so hopefully one of those will work out for us. Although one doesn't have availability until August, which is insane to me. Wish me luck! haha

When I'm home alone and the doorbell rings :lol: I never answer it because I'm apparently still a 5 year old. I just freeze and hope it's not an ax murderer!
  • Heyyyyyyyy @amylonghorn I totally understand where you're coming from! My younger brother has been living with us for a year. He has a career but no motivation to be on his own. Hasn't paid anything to us....and his room is the nursery  :( DH is ready for his to go but I don't have the heart to kick him out. That's going to be convo needed to be had soon....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay for login issues being fixed. =O

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  18 weeks! Size of an artichoke.

2) How are you feeling, any symptoms? Sinuses are bugging me, but I'm now certain I can feel baby squiggle!

3) 
    Any appointments this week coming up? Not this week, just two more weeks until anatomy scan!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I had like two large plastic containers, two small plastic containers, and several garbage bags full of clothes left over from being in "containment" from a bug infestation back in May. I went through and washed everything in the bags and one of the big containers, so now I just have three containers left. So excited, because they were taking up so much of the nursery. Now whenever my future MIL buys us the crib, we'll have room to put it together! <3

I am the most afraid of ghost stories. Anytime I hear one or watch an actually scary movie I can't sleep for at least a week. I feel bad for my fiance because he loves Halloween for the scary movies, and I can never bring myself to go with him. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

19 weeks this past Sunday. Mango

Boobs continue to grow. I don’t see how it’s possible for them to be almost the size they were when u was nursing DS, will they ever stop ir just continue until they explode?! 
    Also, these little jabs and kicks are getting pretty strong. Her legs are measuring ahead and I think I can feel it lol

3) 
    We have our AS on the 31st, but nothing before then. 

Have boobs ever exploded from being too big? (lol)
    serious rant, though. DH was just mandated OT for the foreseeable future. He works 6p-6a on a rotating schedule as it is, now he has to work the first half or last half of another person’s shift who quit. It takes them months to replace people there, so the only days off he will get are major holidays and baby doctor appointments. The money will be great, but the schedule just really sucks. Between him being over expended, me working 3 days a week, trying to keep up with a toddler, nursing school, studying and clinicals and preparing for baby life will be insane. We’re looking foreword to maternity leave for some downtime. Thankfully, he can get up to 6 weeks if he uses vacation time and FMLA. Newborns aren’t a vacation, but the time off will be great. 

Mmm, nothing fictional or anything. My biggest fear is something happening to my son, husband or family (siblings, parents, nieces and nephews). We’ve had a lot of deaths in the family the last few years and my dad is chronically sick, my mom just had a lumpectomy and biopsy yesterday. I don’t know what I would do without my family. 
  • fatstagnationfatstagnation member
    edited October 2017
    ashleyf911 Thanks  for getting this done today. I was looking for this over the weekend, but couldn't start the thread myself. Didn't realize we were all having issues. (edit because it cut off everything before the @...)

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    Sunday was 18 weeks!
    Just the hip/pelvic pain. I'm going to call a chiropractor and see if they can help when I quit F-ing around on TB! Otherwise I'm feeling good. 
    3) 
    Nope. 2 weeks till anatomy scan. 
    DH is very interested lately in raising our kids with ethics and morals. And today he was talking about what kids learn from the gendered toys we give them in the first year. ie dolls verses balls, etc. So cute! 
    I like scary movies and am really not afraid of much, but I guess I have a bit of claustrophobia. When I was a kid (prolly pre-teen) we toured a submarine and after a minute or two I was like, get me outta here. I never want to do that again. :D 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @cford08 I feel ya. We tried to be the "nice guys" for my stepson compared to his living situation with his mom, but now I'm seeing what her problems with him were - and he was even working at that time. Ugh I just don't get doing absolutely NOTHING for 4 1/2 months (so far). We made it clear this was a temporary situation and he is out at the end of the year, but I am just so over it. When he didn't pay his "rent" in August (I use quotes bc it's $100 - mostly a principle thing) I was livid and had to be the one to deal with it bc DH doesn't like confrontation - should have taken advantage of him taking advantage of me and kicked him out then! Oh well. Live it, learn it, I suppose. I even said to DH the other day, "I cannot wait until he is out of here." He responded, "It's almost over." 
    21 weeks on Sunday, a carrot or a weasel!
    I am so sick of listening to myself complain, but I don't feel good. I am having migraines closer and closer together and have been having 3 day stretches of what I can only describe as agony. The blood pressure medication they doctor put me on makes me super drowsy and extra useless, and my blood pressure is till up anyway. they are starting to talk to me more seriously about preeclampsia and it is definitely freaking me out.
    3) 
    not until next week, then I have a follow up with the cardiologist.
    my husband is no nice, lol. it's not that I'm surprised, but I am just feeling so useless and it would be so easy for him to sigh or roll his eyes or anything when another dog walk or trip to the grocery store etc. is just too much for me when I have a migraine. My best friend and mom are also just so amazingly there for me and I am so grateful.
    Ha ha , honestly I have a fair amount of phobias, some of them are pretty dark and honestly not where I want my mind to go right now. Car accidents and sudden freak accidents in general are definitely things I worry about way more than anyone should, especially since you can't do anything about the possibility of your loved ones, say, suddenly sneezing and driving off a bridge. the dentist is a pretty normal one

• @leilaquinn do they have you in aspirin?
  • @Gingermom15 no, they have me on methyldopa for my blood pressure, and magnesium to try to help with the headaches, and a prescription migraine medicine I forget the name of to take as needed, which makes me nervous, but when it’s really bad I am so glad it’s there. I’ve never had any headache issues before I got pregnant and it’s just so terrible.