April 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change (10/23)

1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments coming up? 

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? 

5. GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? 

Re: Monday Ticker Change (10/23)

• Loading the player...
  • @scuba_chic that is such a great story! And the other girl joining with her boyfriend is the icing on the cake :D Side note: I played co-ed rec softball for years when I lived in Boston and every season I was like, "this is it! I'm finding my husband this time!" But no, it never happened. It took moving back to my hometown and giving up on ever finding anyone to finally make my husband appear. 

@JJMNO1616 my husband is the same way! We didn't meet online, but he had gone out on a few Match dates and I'm shocked he did that. He hates anything online and he's a pretty big introvert, so I cannot imagine him even considering that for one second. 
  • @StephieMK oh no I hope you are ok.  

@dan0081 I'm some what thinking boy but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if it was a girl.  When I was pregnant with my DD i could have sworn she was boy but I was wrong.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @StephieMK First off I really hope you are doing ok after falling! That is so scary! Second, WTF to your in-laws. Accidents happen but that's just way too much for one visit.

I love all the bowling stories! I basically grew up hanging out in our local bowling alley because both of my parents were on a team.  

• @dan0081 You don't really need to estimate size for the winter months, maternity is just maternity. You buy whatever size you were pre-pregnancy, and the clothes grow with you. Since I'm in New England and winter lasts from November all the way through my due date, I just bought a bunch of maternity jeans and sweaters in my pre-pregnancy size and I know they'll last the entire pregnancy. 
  • @kmalls This shows how much I know about maternity clothes.  ;) Thank you for the insight.. I should probably start looking now then. I'm in Minnesota so I'm sure I'll be in them for awhile, too. 

• I had trouble posting yesterday, so I'm a day late too!

15 - Orange

2. How are you feeling? 
    Pretty great. It's amazing to have energy again. I even managed to work out a few times last week.

Blood draw next week, midwife appt. in a couple more.

My DH was out of town all of last week and we both got sick, so that was brutal. I'm so happy he's back and can help wrangle my DD. If I can brag on my DD for a little bit, we had her 18 mo pediatric appointment and she is doing so well. The doctor commented on her verbal skills and said she is perfect :) This is such a fun age and I absolutely love watching her develop language and her little personality. It wasn't fun to watch her get 4 shots though :(

We met in law school. Actually we were housemates together and I didn't want to start something up with a roommate, but alcohol will do that to you. We kept it a secret for a few months but everyone found out eventually. We've been together for almost 10 years  :#
  • ladythriceladythrice member
    edited October 2017
    HAI Everyone! I was also defeated by TB tech issues last week and RL has kept me busy the past couple days.

1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks and the size of a green apple!
    2. How are you feeling? Feel pretty good, but I've still got minor fatigue.
    3. Any appointments coming up? Next Monday!
    4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? Annoyed at TB and that I'm so far behind on the threads...

We're another set that met online. We met through eHarmony. We both thought only weird people dated online and got 'pressured' into trying it out from out friends. We were both young professionals living in new areas and had no idea how to meet people. Best decision I ever made! We've been together since we first met about 8 years ago and have been married for 5 years as of Friday!

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kmalls & @JJMNO1616 - yeah for clearance maternity clothes!  I wish Motherhood Maternity was closer to me than it is :(

@scuba_chic - FX for a good cervix status!

@StephieMK - I'm sorry you fell doing laundry - hopefully it was your own laundry and not the IL's :(  I would be steaming that they are being so disrespectful!  Hope they are leaving soon!

@Puddlewonderful - totally agree with everyone else - your SIL seems to be claiming 20 names...  Hopefully you have a girl and it's not an issue.

@Sissy42 - pneumonia - that sucks!  You're right, meds that actually work are not pregnancy friendly, which is frustrating :(  Hope you get feeling better soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry I'm late! TB shut me out for way too long.

16 weeks, size of an avocado/pickle
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good except I've got some terrible sciatic pain going on. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to be able to stand 5+ more months of this.
    I had one yesterday and everything looks good. Just scheduled my anatomy scan for 11/17 and I cannot wait to find out the sex!
    Here's another rant against TB. I missed you ladies!
    We met online. I was a single mom with no time to meet anyone so I finally gave in and tried it. It turned out we had friends in common so after they vouched for him I agreed to meet him. It was quite awhile longer before I introduced him to my son and when they hit it off I knew I had found the right guy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 
    16 weeks- we've got an avocado!

2. How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good! Been a bit headache and sinus-y and honestly a little freaked out about the lack of symptoms but know they're on their way. The weirdest thing is the bottoms of my feet are so dry it's disgusting.

October 30 I go in to get my blood pressure checked. I have white coat hypertension, it's fine at home I just freak out at the doctor's office, always have.

Talking to my S/O about being more involves this evening. He's doing the whole "whatever you want to do" thing and it's a little overwhelming since we didn't find out until 14 weeks so I'm doing a LOT of catching up. 

We met on a dating app, but we ACTUALLY MET at an arcade bar and I kicked his butt at Mortal Kombat all night. Told my mom the next day I was going to date him and well, here we are going strong !
  • @priestess619 Wait... you didn't find out you were pregnant until 14 weeks?!  :o Were you having a period??
  • Yeahhh I had weird bleeding and since I was on the pill my GP thought I was just reacting weird...I took a test after the first missed period which was negative and then the second which was positive.  my doctor wasn't too worried soI wasn't too worried until the positive test, which I feel mildly irresponsible about now
  • Thanks for the well wishes. Like a lot of us, I was already having back pain/sciatica issues. When I fell I luckily managed to stop myself half way down the staircase and the worst of it was hitting the middle rather than lower so it seems to be a lot better. Tomorrow I go to the chiropractor. And the in-laws have gone back to Florida! Woo! Now to clean my house...

@JJMNO1616 The icing on the cake was when I came home from work yesterday. We have a little TV tray table set up most times next to the couch to hold drinks and what not since we don't have a coffee table. I finally got the chance to sit down on the couch and look right at the table and see MIL's false teeth sitting there in front of me. On the table. With NOTHING under it. 

@Puddlewonderful I saw a chiropractor all through my first pregnancy and now with this one as well. Did wonders! Maybe can give you relief too?

@Sissy42 Feel better! I had cough/congestion/then sinus infection for practically the first 10wks of this pregnancy and seemed like it would never end. 

@keeksie84 AIM was great! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Yeahhh I had weird bleeding and since I was on the pill my GP thought I was just reacting weird...I took a test after the first missed period which was negative and then the second which was positive.  my doctor wasn't too worried soI wasn't too worried until the positive test, which I feel mildly irresponsible about now
    @priestess619 haha well at least you've got a great story! Also, I need to play DH in mortal kombat... I think i'd kick his butt too ;)

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @priestess619 Woah! That's so crazy.. I don't know if you can really blame yourself if you were on BC AND your first test came back negative. I feel like that's some really crazy sequence of events.

@StephieMK OMG NOOO.  :s  What's wrong with her?! I really hope you said something because that's so wrong. 
  • @kaymaroo Sorry to hear about your sciatic pain.  I'm having some nerve issues myself thats causing the skin on my thighs to go numb...not all the time, but when i put more pressure on my hip area (standing or sitting weird).  I actually had this problem for a while and made an appointment to see a neurologist but it was right around the time I thought I was pregnant but no positive yet and I didn't want to do any scans at that time.  Anyway, I need to get in bc like you said, its just going to get worse with pregnancy.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on my appointment.  Everything looks good so far.  Got to see baby girl and she was jumping around like crazy.  My cervix looks closed and normal.  However, I have to go in every 2 weeks until I'm at 22 weeks and the chance for my cervix to shorten is passed to get it checked.  Lovely!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scuba_chic That numbness is exactly what I had with my first pregnancy and how this started out. Now I've got that on one side and pain on the other. Have you tried sitting/bouncing on a yoga ball? It doesn't help me with the sciatic pain but helps a ton with the numbness. If you don't have one, squatting for a minute or so usually relieves the numbness for me. I'm glad your appointment went well, and FX for continued good news!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kaymaroo Thanks for the yoga ball tip.  I'll have to try that!!!  Hope your pain goes away soon.  We don't need any additional pain/irritations during this time. :( 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scuba_chic, FWIW, I had a leep after DS was born and my OBs have the same concern about the cervix continence. My subsequent pregnancy with DD was completely smooth with no cervical issues. I believe its pretty rare to experience issues, but the important thing is that you are getting checked and your cervix is being monitored.

Also, some food for thought, scar tissue from leeps can (not will) slow labor. Everyone is different but the thick tissue could slow the rate at which your cervix opens. It did for me during DD's delivery. I labored for about 27 hours and progressed to a 6 in that time frame. Then, I flew from a 6 to a 10 in the next 30 minutes. The nurses and OB attributed that to my scar tissue finally breaking through.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 
    14.2, beet baby!
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Slowly starting to shed the constant nausea and food adversions. Thankful to have some more energy too!
    Just a regular check up next week. Anatomy scan isn't until December 
    My fuse seems to be a lot shorter these days! I'm so thankful for my DH and how helpful he has been with caring for my 18 mo DD when I've been too sick or tired, but I snapped the other day when there were no towels in the kitchen to dry my hands with because he is constantly throwing them in the wash and then not replacing them. It sounds so dumb now!

We met our sophomore year of college and instantly liked each other but ended up dating other people because one of us thought the other wasn't into them at various times. Our Senior year he asked me out and we got married 2 years later while I was in grad school. We would have gotten married sooner except we had no money and no jobs...lol we still didn't when we got married but we made it work and it's sweet to look back on that. He's still my favorite person even if he drives me nutso!