TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 10/23

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Status?
3. Rants/Raves
4. GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the place where you live? (Scenery, weather etc...)

Re: TTCAL Week of 10/23

• 1. Introduce yourself. Old
    2. Status? TWW
    3. Rants/Raves Weekend was perfect but today’s weather is misty and gross. 
    4. GTKY: I love that we have 4 seasons-even tho I wish the snow would leave by Feb!!! I also love that I live near the beach and the mountains. I love being able to visit both whenever we want. 
  • 1. Introduce yourself.
    I'm about as impressed as Whitney to still be TTC a year after my first loss.....

2. Status? TWW - 8 DPO
    3. Rants/Raves I went to bed last night with a scratchy throat and woke up this morning with a super sore throat and it hurts to swallow :'( Wahhhhh!!!!
    4. GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the place where you live? (Scenery, weather etc...) I definitely love the 4 seasons - I couldn't live anywhere without a proper autumn. I also love that I am close to a major metropolis in one direction but also close to lakes and nature and all things outdoorsy in the other direction. Best of both worlds! 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • @sprkls8506 So jealous that you get beach AND mountains!

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @tosh24 love the outdoors so much!! We lived outside all weekend and it was great. Makes me forget about some of all of this stress. 
  • 1. 2nd cycle here. TTC since 1/17. CP 3/17 & NMC 9/17.
    2. TWW 3DPO
    3. Rave: TW** living children mentioned** This weekend I took the kids to a pumpkin farm for the first time. They absolutely loved it. We're definitely going to make it an annual tradition. I mean who wouldn't like warm apple cinnamon donuts?? End TW*
    Rant: Insurance. Enough said.
    4. My entire family and DH's entire family is within a 10 minute drive. Considering I'm one of 7 and he's one of 3... it's a big deal. I love having everyone right here. If it wasn't for that we'd move out of this state. So expensive and so corrupt.
  • *previous username msstephanielynn 

1. Not new. Of note, had to create a new user account because my password kept re-setting multiple times a day. I've been in newbie bump jail and unable to post for a few days. I'll stop with the reminders after this post since it's in my signature.
    2. Will be entering my first cycle with a remodeled uterus. Waiting for AF who should be here today. No luck yet. 
    3. Rave: We're finally getting our Fall colors here! 
    Rant: My cousin sends me a snapchat of her baby EVERY DAMN DAY. She knows about my loss history. Not sure how to battle this one. 
    4. I agree, love the 4 seasons and beach/mountains within a short drive. Although I have my eyes on NC for the lack of snow during the winter. 

@sprkls8506 Are you from the Northeast? Sounds like we may live in the same area! 
    @tosh24  Hah! I love that gif. I feel you though. I keep on creeping closer and closer to crappy reminder dates. Hope you feel better soon! 
    @Kath525 That sounds like an amazing (and tasty!) weekend :) 

*Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• @honeybeebub yep! NE. Love it here!!!! Altho I don’t do any snow activities except for maybe a sleigh ride and making snowmen!! Winter is a little longer than I would like!! Sorry ur getting all of those pics! I don’t know what I would say. Maybe if you don’t respond to all of them she will get the hint. Hopefully AF shows up soon!! And NC does seem pretty perfect! 

• 1. Introduce yourself. Not new
    2. Status? TWW
    3. Rants/Raves: 
    4. GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the place where you live? (Scenery, weather etc...) There isn't much about where we live that I like. I would move in a heartbeat if I could convince DH to move. I miss seasons and I even slightly miss winter. I hate our heat. It's supposed to be 102 today. It's freakin Oct and we are still having 100+ days?!?! But talk to me in a month, and I will be loving the weather and spring is just my favorite here. We can do the ocean in 45 min, and the mountains and see snow, in an hour and half. I love our city, but not housing prices. Ridiculously expensive. The 70 degree day on Christmas or a trip to the beach in Jan is why it's so expensive though. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• honeybeebubhoneybeebub member
    edited October 2017
    @sprkls8506 I agree, I'm not a snow activity person and if the winter was only maybe 1 month, it'd be perfect. I really love it here but the commute (local to Boston) has been killing me and house prices are just getting crazy in our area! AFM cousin, I tried telling her about my loss and how being around babies was hard, and then stopped responding to her... so just completely at a loss! 

@robyn2201 I could not deal with 102! How hot is it in the Summer!?
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• robyn2201robyn2201 member
    edited October 2017
    @honeybeebub it's about the same. Our summer basically goes into Oct and we should start to see cooler weather in Nov.

Eta: it's going to be hot, hot for a few days and by Sun it should be back down to 86.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• 1. Introduce yourself: TTC >2yrs; MC 1/17 & 9/17.
    2. Status? WTO, on day 11 of the AF from hell.
    3. Rants/Raves: 7, yes 7, friends announced pregnancies this week on FB.
    4. GTKY: I love the mountains we're surrounded by. I'm in the desert, but it's only an hour drive up the mountains to pine trees (and snow in the winter) and 3hrs south to a lovely beach in Mexico. I also really, really appreciate the lack of humidity (I don't know how anyone survives in humidity).
  • oh my goodness is any one else having log in issues?  ok I will do a quick reply now and read all responses later. Today is a busy day.

TWW - IDK nor care about DPO lol - what's the point?  

Rave - I'm deep cleaning today so that always makes me feel super productive.  Get ready for  my rant!  Last night we were picking up DH's car from a neighbor - he has been doing repairs on our cars for a couple year for a fraction of what a dealer charges us.  We go last night to drop the check off to his wife and I noticed she had another kid since last we saw her.  Well I mention that and then she goes off about how she's accidentally pregnant with their 3rd.  Wow the anger in her voice was like none other I've ever heard.  She tells us how she was angry and yelling about it for weeks - she's in 2nd trimester.  Let me tell you how hard it was to keep my mouth shut.  DH immediately started rubbing my back cause he knew it would bother me.  I straight up told her she should be thankful for it and that she didn't loose it like me. grrrr.  It hit a nerve.  We came home and I started to cook dinner.  DH came in the kitchen and brought it up and said he doesn't understand people like that and instantly I started bawling and how much it pissed me off and how it's been 15 months  and nothing for us - 9 months TTCAL to be exact. I told him I don't know if it will ever happen and then there are bitches like her and I just don't understand and I sure as heck hope she doesn't loose it and have to go thru what all of us have went thru on here.

GTKY - we get all 4 seasons - we are in the midwest in MO.  I absolutely love fall but I wish our winters were a bit harder because I also love the snow.  Spring is awesome but Summer gets a bit hot for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FF says I’m 10dpo- and because I Od late, it’s predicting a 32 day cycle...  I'm
    going nutty- and will be dying until this weekend when AF is “scheduled” for Saturday.  My temp is still high- so I’m just hoping it stays there for a while... 

rave- I had visitors this weekend and it was wonderful. I had a huge push last week to get a job application in which was super stressful- I had to write a proposal for what I would do for the next few years and beyond. There was an unexpected opening for jobs for both DH and me- so we had to give it a try... who knows is we will have a chance- but even though it was stressful I feel super accomplished and I got to relax and enjoy our visitors all weekend. It was pretty perfect. 

Rant- my co working is still talking about “how she might be pregnant” ugh. Eye roll.

I’m living centrally in Europe it it gives us so many opportunities to travel and see new places. I can get to the Alps within an hour and half and they are just amazing.  I do miss being where I can get to the ocean easily though- it’s been too many years since I was within a short drive to the pacific- I miss it a lot. 

• @vlagrl29 Yes! I was having issues. It was changing my password last week, which is why I created a new username. Maybe I didn’t even need to? 
    @jchpg This girl is killing me, I can only imagine how annoyed you must be. And hasn’t she ever heard of a pregnancy test? Lol 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• @Tosh24 I hope you feel better soon!
    @honeybeebub  I'm sorry about your cousin, some people just have no tact.
    @vlagrl29 I'm so sorry about that, too bad you can't bitch slap people in 2nd tri. 

1. Not new.
    2. Who cares?! No BD during FW (see rant)
    3. R/R: due to family emergency on DH's side, we canceled our annual trip to NOLA to see his mom at the end of this week. His sister in Colorado is very frail and now his mom and her are moving here to Oregon--which is actually kind of good but his sister has decompensating multiple sclerosis (as does his other sister, which initially made him very hesitant about having any kids in the first place). It was a sudden thing to find they were coming here plus he worked 70+ hours last week, in addition to getting his cousin's house ready for them he's stressing so bad and giving himself panic attacks. Thankfully he did go to the urgent care for this on Friday and that helped. I had hoped so bad he could at least go to the Depeche Mode concert in Seattle Saturday night for a little bit of a break, but we found out about the move the night before so I went with a girlfriend instead. We both have also been working weekends in addition to our regular jobs the last months just to get to our vacation time now so we're both pretty exhausted---him much more than me, however.
    4. I also love the proximity of mountains and ocean so close here in OR, but I wish we had a bit more snow in winter since I'm from upstate NY originally. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @sprkls8506 Yay for driving distance to beach AND mountains. I’m not as outdoorsy as you, but having both nearby certainly brings a lot of beauty into  my life. Growing up people always used to say “our front yard is the beach and our backyard is the mountains.”

@tosh24 Whitney’s face speaks the TRUTH! 

@Kath525 I love the pumpkin patch! Going this weekend with DH. I’m hoping that the weather cools down a bit. If it’s too hot pumpkin patches are miserable because they have zero shade!

@honeybeebub Sounds like it might be time to be indelicate with your cousin. And if it still doesn’t get through, block her. We can’t control everything that we see, but if we share our feelings with someone and they choose to disregard our them because they think theirs are more important, then we need to give ourselves permission to decrease contact with that toxicity. 

@cassafrass15 Humidity is the worst!

@jchpg Good luck with the job! That application sounds intense!

@amberruka Sorry that your DH is having such a rough time right now. Panic attacks are so scary! Hopefully once this move is done his anxiety will decrease and you all will be able to take a nice relaxing vacation! 

1. Not new. 14 months TTC. Almost 4 months on this board now. 
    2. TWW. 10dpo. POAS this morning. Negative. But for some reason I’m not super bothered by it. 14 dpo and BFN will probably be a different story...
    3. I’ve got my RE consult tomorrow!!!! I’m so excited to get some answers as to what’s going on and more importantly start working on some solutions! I’m hoping that DH and I both like this doc and can start moving forward quickly! We came up with a list of questiins and it was really nice for DH to be so involved in that. I feel like I do all the heavy lifting on the researching and the planning when it comes to this infertility stuff. It really feels a lot more manageable when he takes on a more active role alongside me. 
    4. GTKY. Gotta brag on Virginia. It is amazing here! Virginia Beach is 90 minutes away, The Shenandoah valley is 90 minutes the other direction. DC is right nearby, which has some of the most beautiful architecture, monuments, and museums in the country. 4 seasons with dogwoods and cherry blossoms in the spring, gorgeous foliage in the fall. The winters are usually mild, but when it does snow things actually close down and we get real snow days!!!! The summer humidity is the worst part, but it’s tolerable especially considering we don’t usually get the disasters that other places face: hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, wild fires are all rare here and mild when they do occur. Love it here! 
  • @tosh24 Ugh. Feel better quick!
    sprkls8506 Mountains and a beach close by would be amazing!
    @Kath525 Oh man - we go apple picking every year but I'll do it every year for the cider donuts!
    @honeybeebub I'm sorry about the texts. Sometimes people don't think.
    @jchpg
     Good luck with the job application! That would make me looney to have to fill that out!
    @amberruka I'm sorry you and the husband are having such a rough time. Anxiety attacks suck. I hope things get better soon!
    @vlagrl29 I always wonder when things like that happen. I'm sorry you had to deal with it!
    leahcimmichael - Yes to Virginia! 

1. Been here since MC in July.
    2. Status? Just barely past O, I think. Now begins the TWW
    3. Rants/Raves  Rave: NaNoWriMo begins soon, and I'm headed to a writing conference this weekend, so that will be fun! Rave: Neighbors across the street ordered pizza Mon night. Delivery driver backed into my truck parked in front of the house and drove off. Neighbors actually saw where he broke his taillight and came to tell us (it was way after dark, and we didn't see or hear it) so we had to bring out the cops, find out where the pizza was from, etc etc etc. At least the neighbors down the street were out and saw the whole thing, but now we're going to have to go to court because its a hit and run. I feel bad prosecuting, but there's no other way to guarantee the guy will pay for the damage, because if we don't and his insurance turns out to be bad or whatever, we're stuck. That's 1000 we weren't planning to drop on a car repair.

4. GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the place where you live? (Scenery, weather etc...)
    I miss the fall colors, but we get a little bit of it here. I love that I can be in mountains in 2 hours, and its only a 45 minute (okay, well, with tunnel traffic its hairy during tourist season, but it SHOULD be 45 min) drive to the Ocean. I also really love living in the Historic Triangle cause I'm a nerd, so there's always lots of cool things to do.
  • @honeybeebub ugh!!! Yes commuting near Boston can def be a pain!!! And I hope your cousin gets the idea soon. 

@cassafrass15 humidity is def the worst!!! 

@jchpg sounds like that girl just needs attention! 

@leahcimmichael  good luck at ur appt tomorrow! And Virginia sounds kind of perfect! I’m with you on being away from disasters!! Altho we do get blizzards that can make us lose power. (It has rarely happened to us tho). We did have an ice storm one year and lost power for the weekend! That was fun. 

@nessie1313 sorry about your car!!! That really stinks!! What is the historic triangle? I love history. I’m a nerd and on date nite I would much rather go look at an old house than see a movie!!
  • @tosh24 - hope you feel better soon!  I hate being sick.
    @Kath525 - I love the pumpkin farm we go to.  Went there last week and they had pumpkin donuts:)
    @honeybeebub - I like the idea of a remodeled uterus - kinda sounds very classy.  Could you just tell your friend to slow it down on the photos?  That would be hard.
    @robyn2201 - ugh that heat sounds miserable and so weird for october.  We have a high of 56 tomorrow
    @cassafrass15 - wow 7 FB announcements - I wish we could all drink that same water
    @jchpg - just tell your coworker she can get a pg test at the dollar store - that would drive me batty
    @amberruka - you guys are working way too much! I can't imagine 70 hour work weeks  I would be dead to the world
    @leahcimmichael - GL with the RE appt.  Have you had any fertility testing done?  It's great for a peace of mind and if they do find something then bonus cause you can fix it!  They never found anything on us.
    @Nessie1313 - sorry about your car but at least someone saw who hit it

This afternoon I got a call from 1 of my new adult students that will be starting Thursday.  Her brother is wanting to take lessons with her so that was an easy new student boom!

I talked to the bride of this weekends wedding.  outside wedding.  the high that day is 48 as of tonight.  Ugh we hate playing in that cold weather.  It always makes our instruments go out of tune all the time.  she said she would have a heat lamp for us.  I'm hoping that will help.  If you have an outdoor wedding the last weekend of October in our area you are really pushing your luck.

• @cassafrass15 Lurking from WTO posts since I noticed you mentioned the 11 day AF- hope that your US goes well today. 

@vlagrl29 Hah! Classy ute :) Sorry about your neighbor. That is so unfair. The world is definitely cruel sometimes.

@amberruka That sounds exhausting. When is the vacation?

@leahcimmichael You’re so right. Usually I’m very frank with people which helps, but apparently not here. Holding out for you that it’s just too early. Good luck at the RE today. Hope you get some answers.

@nessie1313 I can’t believe that people out there would actually hit and run and not feel terrible about it enough to contact someone, especially when it was in front of your house! I completely agree, prosecute. 

*Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• 2. Status? Benched. CD 48. Waiting... waiting... waiting... this is the cycle that doesn't end!

3. Rants/Raves: Getting over this sore throat/head cold thing I had, and waiting on AF who doesn't seem to want to show up! Ugh. I feel like I'm stuck and not able to move forward!!!

4. GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the place where you live? (Scenery, weather etc...) I love the seasons and the more country feel to where my house is located; however, I HATE the city that I drive into for work.

tosh24  Ugh, that sounds like the sore throat thing I had!  It sucked.

vlagrl29 Ugh. Sorry about neighbor’s wife. It’s super rough to hear those things. I wish people would get their tubes tied or something when they’ve decided they’re done having kids! I do try to put myself in other’s shoes and realize everyone’s journey is different. Maybe having the kids so close together is causing budgetary problems for them, or other health issues for her. We just never know. Although I definitely think you were right to say what you did, because she should also be cognizant of other people’s situations as well. Sorry you had to deal with all of that though! It’s definitely stressful.

jchpg Living centrally in Europe would be awesome! The travel opportunities are immense! Also, for weird co-worker… PLEASE just put a PG test on her desk one morning before she shows up!

nessie1313 Wow, that sucks about the pizza guy! Poor guy is probably having a rough night, but he definitely should’ve said something!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @tosh24 OMG! I’m so hoping that you get that spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Not New

8/9dpo and BSC as usual

Rant: I'm in a serious pity party of 1 during this TWW. My body is a jerk and I'm just ready to be to the end where I know which way I'm headed into next month. Went to the doc for a UTI yesterday and the doc after prescribing me meds etc etc asked me where I was at in my cycle. Like an idiot my first thought was I didn't want to pay for the quant so I told him it was likely too early to test. I left the office and spent the entire night reading into the question, which most likely was simply medical in nature and not a hint that I could potentially be KU. However, asking a 22 cycle TTCer where she is in her TWW and I guarantee she'll assume there was a motive to the question. Hence, BSC mode and an unnecessarily emotion me. UGH. 

Rave: My SIL has FINALLY let up on her snapchats and posts regarding their new arrival. I'm not sure if she's finally realized I'm not responding regardless of the onslaught of photos or what, but I'm thankful. I know if it were the other way around I'd be like WTF, but I just can't explain it all to her right now. DH still has not said a single word about it to me. DH and I have a whole day planned together on Friday and I have had so many overtime hours lately that I get a "free day", which isn't really free since I already worked those days. I'm so looking forward to the time together. I hate those weeks where you are so busy you still miss them even when your finally home together at night.

GTKY: I LOVE where I live. MN is so beautiful in every season, and each season is very clearly defined with all of it's colors and weather. The only drawback is that our fall is not even a month long before we're full-on winter here. This morning was a whole 30*. I had to pull my coat out of my car to pump gas this morning, which sucked. Our highs this week are in the 30's with snow predicted for Thursday and Friday, which I'm totally fine with, but people turn completely stupid every winter. I swear it's like they completely forgot how to drive in snow over the summer. I'm looking forward to the time change. It's dark when I get to work and starting to get dark when I head home, so that's a bummer too.

@jchpg I would love to have the beautiful scenery you've got in Europe. How did you end up there?
    @dpjennifer I'm so sorry AF hasn't arrived yet. That would be miserable. I hope it rears it's ugly head soon so you can move on.
    @tosh24 I'm sooo hoping you get a spot, that's great news!
    @nessie1313 I would press charges too. Car repairs are not cheap!
    leahcimmichael Your gif is awesome, and me to a T. I have curls and our summers are super humid, I rock a lot of ponytails in the summer to try to tame the mess on my head.
  • sprkls8506 Historic Triangle is Williamburg, Yorktown, Jamestown in Virginia. We live in Williamsburg. :)

@tosh24 FX you get the spot!!!

@honeybeebub I think the part the cinched it for me was that the nieghbors said he got out of the car, looked at it, and then got back in and peeled off. It would have been way easier for EVERYONE if he'd just knocked on the door and we could have filed an accident report and been done. He told the cops he didn't see any damage, that's why he left. I fail to believe that, considering what it looked like.
  • Old

WTO CD 3

rant That I’m WTO again.   Started meds today.  Also my bump app no longer works.  I downloaded the new IOS on phone and app stopped working. 

I have only only lived in my area for 3 years.  I like living near a city and living in same city with my husband.  We didn’t live in same city when we first got married.  So I love that about my city. I hate that we are 4 hrs from my family.   But there is a lot to do here.  
  • @leahcimmichael That humidity gif is PERFECT. I have straight hair here in the southwest, but the minute I visit a humid climate my hair is a bizarre and offensive puffball.

@honeybeebub Thank you! Day 12 of AF today, and I was spotting for 4 days before AF started - lordy, I hope the US sheds a light on what is going on up in there.

@dpjennifer 48 day cycle?! Ugh. I hope your body figures it out soon. I feel (some of) your pain since I've been spotting/bleeding for 16 days now. 

@Mack2342 I'm sorry that you're back here. Fingers crossed that we all have success soon, especially those of us who have been trying for so long.
  • 1. Introduce yourself. Not new anymore. Been here since July/August. 

2. Status? Still WTO, CD14

3. Rants/Raves - ugh I still have no clue what I’m doing with OPKs. I stared cheap ones last week, and I don’t know if I’m doing them at the wrong time of day or something, but I’ve got nothing yet. One day last week was kind of dark-ish, but not darker than the control, and I’ve only gotten reallyyyyy faint lines since then. I’ve even been testing twice a day since they’re cheap ones, and nothing... Also rant, my bump app also completely stopped working after an update, so I can’t use it at all now. 

On a a positive note, it’s a beautiful fall day today, and it’s going to be nice all week! I thought we were already starting the rain for the rest of the fall/winter, so I’m happy we’ll still get some more sun before it goes away until April! 

4. GTKY: What is your favorite thing about the place where you live? (Scenery, weather etc...) I love the beauty of nature around where we live... we have tons of mountains around with make for gorgeous views (I can see 3-4 mountains on a clear day from the hospital where I work), and yet we’re also only like 1.5 hours from the coast. Don’t love the constant rain from November-April so much, but it’s a fair trade off for glorious summers. 

On mobile site so hard to tag people... will come back later for that... 
  • thank you @tosh24 for suggesting I seek out a more functional dr.  The referral I got to this lady was great.  I finally feel I'm connecting to a doctor.   I haven't felt that at all with my last 2 OBs.  I'll know more Thursday when I meet with her for 40 minutes to go over lab results and talk supplements.  It's restored a bit of faith in me.  I don't know why my gut is telling me not to see medical intervention as it would probably be a lot easier on me but i know I will know why in due time.

@dpjennifer - FB announcements don't bother me, Friends telling me in person don't bother me but gosh hearing someone so opposed to a pregnancy made me sad.  They only wanted 2 kids and she was in between BC because she needed something stronger obviously.  I wouldn't want kids that close in age either but it is what it is and it also sounded like a financial issue.  She really wanted to get a car paid off so her husband is working more and she works too.  She said they always made fun of people with 3 kids and now they are them.
  • @pumpkinpancake my app stopped working too this weekend after I updated IOS.  I reported it to Bump so hopefully they figure it out and fix bug 
  • cassafrass15 Yeah, 48 days sucks... but bleeding for 16 sounds worse!  Yuck! 

vlagrl29 She must be very frustrated. But still, like you said, if she knew they really didn't want more than 2 and she was in between BC cause needed something stronger... than they should've been WAY more careful! Or, if she knew she only wanted 2, then she shoulda had that taken care of when she popped out number 2!!! Am I an awful person for finding personal glee in the fact that they ARE the people they used to make fun of cause of their own stupidity!?!? :)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer no you are not a bad person! I found some glee in it after I got my cries out. She had just gotten her body where she wanted it too and then bam baby! Dh already knows he's getting snipped after if we have #2. It just is easier! I didn't want to be mean cause her DH works on our cars but I had to say something cause I was like cry me a freaking river! I am pro life but told dh if she didn't want it why not abort or adopt it out.
  • Follow up question to my post for those of you who have used OPKs for more than a week :wink:... does it usually get gradually darker from day to day, or could it go from being practically stark white/super faint to being dark/positive within a day? 
  • @pumpkinpancake I've only used OPKs for about 2 weeks ;) but mine went from very light to 50% dark in 24 hours, and then to 100% dark a day after. So don't stress too much about it yet! 

@vlagrl29 @dpjennifer I agree, they should have been WAY more careful. It angers me that they are even angry about it at all! If you don't want more kids, then please, use protection. This shouldn't be a surprise. I'm finding glee in their stupidity as well. Ugh I would have been super upset if I had talked to her. 

And FYI I haven't used theBump App on my phone for over a year now. It works way better if I just open a browser on my phone and use it that way. 

As for me, I guess I'm not new anymore. D&E was on August 4th.

I'm now in my TWW, 1 or 2 DPO.

Rave: I get to go on a mini vacation this weekend by myself (it's a 5 hour drive across the state), even though I will be technically working (non-paid though). I'm putting on a conference for an association I am a board member of. It's going to be a pretty awesome conference, and I get to sleep in my own hotel room and maybe actually get to sleep past 6am. I'm excited. And because I'll also be busy working, I will be able to distract myself from the TWW. I'm not planning on bringing any pregnancy tests, so no crazy early POAS for me until I get home on Sunday night. 

GTKY: I love how beautiful my city and state are. So green. So much water. Forests, mountains, and ocean/lakes/rivers all within 20 minutes from me. 

• @pumpkinpancake my OPKs generally get gradually darker each day leading up to a positive but this past cycle I was getting barely there squinters and then all of a sudden BOOM - a positive without warning. 

TFAS since 2012

• @pumpkinpancake Mine usually are about 50% for a while and then gradually get darker. The stark white one could have been if you didn't hold your urine long enough (therefore watered down?). 
    @cassafrass15 I can't imagine 12 days of heavy AF!  Keep us updated! 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• @pumpkinpancake Mine generally go from light to positive with about 48 hours. I’ve never had a stark white one. It sounds like everyone’s LH patterns are a little different here. As long as you get that dark line, I wouldn’t worry too much about the build-up to it. 

Thanks everyone one for the well wishes at the RE. That appointment was like a breath of fresh air. I feel like some other docs were a bit dismissive in the past, but this doctor really listened and took our concerns seriously. Plus, their office walls weren’t lined with triggering pictures of babies!!!! 
    The RE did a vaginal ultrasound. Said everything looked normal and confirmed O occurred from my right ovary. Drew labs for thyroid, prolactin, and I think for anti-phospholipids. Said to call on CD1 to schedule my HSG (which they do in-office). And the doctor joked that if he kept me waiting 2 and a half hours for it, I could throw something at him. Gotta say, it felt really good to laugh and have a doctor that didn’t act solemn as hell about the whole thing. He even joked that DH could get an ultrasound done after me!  :D

BFN this morning at 12dpo, so I’m pretty sure I’m out. Plus *TW*
    My sister is getting her 10 week ultrasound today. So I know that’s going to be rough on me to hear about how that went. 
    End TW*

So, I’m glad yesterday was such a positive experience I needed that to cope with today. 

• @leahcimmichael so glad ur appt went well!!! I would be dreading to hear how the appt went. Will she just text? At least you can react however and get your words together in your own time. Also, sorry about the BFN. 
  • @leahcimmichael -  so glad you have a doctor you like.  It is important.  So you were the one waiting forever for an HSG that didn't happen?  How infuriating!  I'm hoping all your tests come back A OK and you can move on with a great plan.  I've already had all my testing so if we ever see an RE I'm hoping I don't have to go thru it all again and can just forward him all our testing.
  • honeybeebubhoneybeebub member
    edited October 2017
    @leahcimmichael  @vlagrl29  So glad you ladies have found Doctors that you like! 

AFM - Since I'm not TWW or WTO, I guess I'll post here. Waiting for AF but it's been spotting yesterday and today, (was due on Monday) so now I'm CD34, my longest cycle ever. I'm sure the septum removal surgery and very late ovulation at CD20 messed with it, but come on! My first cycle off the bench and my body can't get it together. And then there's the BSC in me that keeps reverting to "well maybe I'm late because..." No, just absolutely no. Immaculate conception does not exist :(
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016