March 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change - 10.20.17

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) 
Any appointments this week coming up?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: If you have children already, do you charge "parent tax" when taking them trick-or-treating? If you don't and this is your first, will you charge "parent tax" on their candy? :D

Re: Friday Ticker Change - 10.20.17

• Options
    22 weeks!!! A coconut :)

2) How are you feeling?
    Relieved to have found a day care but still pretty emotional. More dumb things are making me cry lately.. it's kind of annoying.

3) 
    To get the flu shot and to schedule the TDAP shot for the 3rd trimester.

All good this week.

6) GTKY: If you have children already, do you charge "parent tax" when taking them trick-or-treating? If you don't and this is your first, will you charge "parent tax" on their candy?
    Heck yeah I will charge "parent tax!" My parents did when I was kid and always took the good candy!! Plus, we will check for crap candy and she'll be a little over 8 months when we first take her trick-or-treating so it's not like she's going to be eating the candy anyways, haha! :D
  • Options
    19 weeks! Hedgehog.

2) How are you feeling?
    Mostly good. Kinda mood-swingy and also feeling a little self-conscious about trying to dress up for my husband's work event this weekend. I tried to buy maternity clothes at the mall with my mom yesterday and just literally hated everything. All the patterns just aren't "me" and the quality was so throw-a-way.

3) 
    I see the midwives next Friday for my 20 week visit, whatever that entails.

Nah.

6) GTKY: If you have children already, do you charge "parent tax" when taking them trick-or-treating? If you don't and this is your first, will you charge "parent tax" on their candy?
    Haha, probably! I'm a FTM, but did work as a nanny for a long time prior to becoming a nurse. With those kids we hid the candy, doled it out for dessert for two weeks or so, then secretly trashed it. Seems like a reasonable approach. My parents let me keep the whole bowl of loot in my bedroom and I don't think that was the greatest idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    19 weeks-a mango
    2) How are you feeling?
    Well today I feel good, I'm not sure what happened Tuesday but when I got to my parents house after work to pick the kids up all of a sudden I was sick, both ends (sorry if that's TMI) just like I was in first tri before I realized I'm temporarily lactose intolerant.  I have no idea what caused it (I had pb&j for lunch so nothing that should have caused that) and it thankfully hasn't happened since FX.  Other than that I have some RLP, thankfully not severe but it only seems to happen when I sit for too long without getting up and walking around.  Oh, also getting REALLY bad Charlie Horses at night that wake me up and paralyze me with pain until it goes away
    3) 
    Next Friday I have my weekly heart beat check, that's about it.  Then the following Monday (30th) I FINALLY have my A/S!!!!!!
    Why do my children only want to talk to me when I'm on the phone or in the bathroom?  At one point I was on the phone in the bathroom and literally laying down in the hall/walking into the bathroom were DH, DD, DS and the dog-WHY
    GTKY: If you have children already, do you charge "parent tax" when taking them trick-or-treating? If you don't and this is your first, will you charge "parent tax" on their candy?
    I don't have a fancy name for it.  Both of my kids candy gets dumped together into one big bag and any leftover candy we have that didn't get handed out goes in there too and then whoever wants what just takes it, within reason of course (I'm referring to the kids not eating the whole bag, me eating the whole bag on the other hand is perfectly acceptable)
  • Options
    Better late than never...
    1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    21 weeks and baby is the size of a baseball hat!
    2) How are you feeling?
    No complaints! A lot of BH once I finally sit down (I'm always chasing around my one year old) but overall I am feeling good and really enjoy being pregnant!
    3) 
    Yep, a MFM appt to get a game plan for the rest of my pregnancy.
    We went to a wedding on Friday and although I couldn't enjoy the open bar, the dinner was spot on... breakfast for dinner including stuffed french toast and eggs benedict with a crab cake (the wedding was in Maryland so the best crabs!!) it was so good I'm still thinking about it lol!!
    Well.. I really wanted to take DS1 trick or treating last year when he was 3 months old lol!!!! DH said no since it was obvious I'd be eating the candy. This year we are going though! And it will probably all be mine unless there are pretzels or something. I probably won't charge a "parent tax" once they are older though but hopefully they will want to share on their own!