November 2017 Moms
Options

What if you don't know your water broke?

I am 37 weeks today and things down south are always a bit...moist lol I'm so nervous that I'm going to miss my water breaking! Tonight I was sitting in bed and felt like I peed myself a bit but I had just peed 5 minutes earlier. I checked my pants and it looked like a lot more then normal discharge but not a ton like I'd expect from water breaking. It's probably way TMI but I attached a pic lol Does it look normal? It doesn't smell like anything.

Re: What if you don't know your water broke?

• Options
    That's a question for your OB or at least the on call nurse. I don't know two women who think the same thing of amniotic fluid, I don't like the smell of it. If it did break you'd keep leaking.
  • Options
    I agree with @MaximumEffort, if you're unsure, check with your ob. Also, you would keep leaking if it were fluid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you get more gushing when you change positions, especially if you stand up, then it's a lot more likely to be your water breaking.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I agree if it was your water it would keep happening 
  • Options
    I went to L&D a few weeks ago because I thought mine was leaking as well. They said that towards the end there is a lot of stuff happening down there and extra discharge is expected, but that if I sit down for five minutes the stand up and more trickles out then I should come back and be checked again! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I went in to get checked and they didn't find any amneotic fluid so my water is still in tact! I just cant believe how much watery discharge is going on! Glad to have piece of mind though.
  • Options
    *Lurker from June '17*

FWIW, I had the same concern, that I would be unable to tell. Well, I was sitting at home and stood up, and it was a FLOOD! It soaked my jeans. I ran to the bathroom, and it was already halfway down the leg of my pants. I pulled down my pants and it gushed even more. In addition to what soaked my pants, I had a puddle almost two feet across on the bathroom floor! There was no mistaking it for me.