November 2017 Moms

BPP Question

laura3+2laura3+2 member
edited October 2017 in November 2017 Moms
So, I don't post a whole lot here, but I read daily. 
I'm having such bad anxiety and am hoping to get some advice/opinions.
I had my BPP today, and everything was good except for fluid. She couldn't get a 2x2 pocket, and my fluid was only 2cm. The tech had to give a 6/8 for the test due to low fluid, but the doctor came in the room and said that it's not low fluid unless it's under 2, and he gave an 8/8. I really don't know that I trust this doctor. 2 is awfully low, and I'm worried. I switched to this practice to see the midwives, and two weeks ago I was told that I'm not accepted in their program. There are tons of doctors that I have to meet now, and I'm just really uncomfortable. I don't know what to do, and hope that I'm not overreacting. 

Adding--I'm 36 weeks 3 days

Re: BPP Question

• Honestly I am not familiar with this type of situation, but you will have to decide if you truly can trust your doctor. I know you are a new patient, but what is the reasoning why you do not trust him otherwise?

If you are truly uncertain, you could seek a second opinion.
  • I am not a clinician of any sort, but I looked up the wikipedia article on BPP, and it says the clinical recommendation is labor induction if your score is 8 due to low fluid. I would call back for additional information from the doctor and if you don't get an answer your're satisfied with then I would seek a second opinion.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a group of about 10 doctors whom I've not met. I only saw midwives the entire pregnancy, and was randomly told I can't use them. I don't know any of the doctors, and it makes me uneasy that he would be fine with one pocket with 2cm of fluid :( my friend was taken early csection due to low fluid-it was just below 5cm. I only switched to this place because of the midwives :( I tried to go back and I'm too far along so I have to deal with the current practice now. 

Im not sure if he wants to wait until my next appointment when I will be 37+ and then send me to have the baby or what. I just hope that if it's low again, they will do something about it. It scares me :(
  • @laura3+2: If you are concerned, you should call the office and talk with that doctor or another one today. You are a patient and can advocate for your own care. It's important they know you have concerns and it is their job if nothing else to reassure you or answer questions.
  • I agree with @dragonfly87-2 if you are scared or unsure about your diagnosis / treatment you need to call and get more information and ask for a retest or get a second opinion.