June 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 10/20

meggymemeggyme member
edited October 2017 in June 2016 Moms

The internet is down at work... so let me hear your confessions!

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: FFFC 10/20

• Options
    AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited October 2017
    I have two today

1. Dh really doesn't want me to take the job at the preschool, but if they offer it to me I'm 90% sure I'm going to say yes. He can suck it up.

I usually try to be more diplomatic and come to a nice compromise, but he just wants me to get a full time job so that I can help pay off his stupid money decisions from last year. What he doesn't get is that full time work/childcare would leave us with almost the same amount as what I'll be making working two days a week without the need for daycare, plus that way I can still be around for Nadia and the kids school things, etc. I'll help him with his money issues, but he made the mess and he's going to have to make some sacrifices too.

2. I think it's kind of crummy that people invite you to their kids birthday parties, and they expect a big gift from everyone who attends. Anything under $20 is considered cheep. There are two kindergartens in my son's school, a total of 30 kids, and it's considered polite to invite everyone. That's a lot of gifts, even if only half of them have parties throughout the year. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have two today

1. Dh really doesn't want me to take the job at the preschool, but if they offer it to me I'm 90% sure I'm going to say yes. He can suck it up.

I usually try to be more diplomatic and come to a nice compromise, but he just wants me to get a full time job so that I can help pay off his stupid money decisions from last year. What he doesn't get is that full time work/childcare would leave us with almost the same amount as what I'll be making working two days a week without the need for daycare, plus that way I can still be around for Nadia and the kids school things, etc. I'll help him with his money issues, but he made the mess and he's going to have to make some sacrifices too.

2. I think it's kind of crummy that people invite you to their kids birthday parties, and they expect a big gift from everyone who attends. Anything under $20 is considered cheep. There are two kindergartens in my son's school, a total of 30 kids, and it's considered polite to invite everyone. That's a lot of gifts, even if only half of them have parties throughout the year. 
    I don’t understand how people have space for all that! I’ve been directing people to give us monetary gifts/local memberships because I feel like our house is already over run with toys while Jackie plays with the Tupperware...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Confessions:
    1. I don't know what FFFC stands for!
    2. I so totally want to go out of town with hubs and leave LO with my sister in law again. Last weekend, we went to a marching band competition and we had a lot of fun. LO stayed with my sister in law and her family and had tons of fun as well.
    3. I've been nagging on my hubs a lot lately. Mostly because he comes home and watches TV or lays down with his laptop while I'm the one who grocery shops, cooks and cleans. I come home from my university job and he hasn't made dinner or cleaned up anything. Yesterday, there was raw chicken in the trash and I came home to an overpowering stench of rotten food. Hubs was sitting there watching TV while LO was throwing stuff.
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2017
    @delitachan FFFC is Flame Free Friday Confessions.

My confession is that I’ve been reading the new BMB’s for drama induced threads. Apparently my life is boring...

ETA: And I started pumping longer a few weeks ago to boost my supply and now a couple weeks later I still do because no one at work has noticed the 30 minute sessions I’m gone for.
  • Options
    Good for you keeping up with pumping @meggyme!! Part of me really missed BFing and the closeness that it brought. But part of me loves the freedom if I’m being honest.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    My FFFC- Savannah has been sick all week and I’ve been up with her all night. DH has been trying to sneak off the the guest room to “get some sleep” although he does come in to help when she starts crying in the MOTN. (She’s been sleeping in our bed)

The confession is that I want him to suffer along with me! I want him to be as tired and sick and miserable as I am, because it’s not fair that I am doing all the work with her AND have to go to work.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2017
    @laurenm2123 my new goal is to make it through cold/flu season and then wean. That way I don’t have to worry about it for our cruise and when we start TTC next year.

ETA: i’m sorry your husband is being a butt head. I understand the feeling. MH left me for 3 days for a work trip immediately upon getting back from vacation and Jackie had jet lag all 3 nights and would wake up right as I was getting ready for bed. There’s nothing he would have done, but suffering alone is still the worst.