FFFC 10/20

Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: May 2008
DD Born: March 2018
DS Born: April 2019
Due with #3 December 2020!

Re: FFFC 10/20

• Loading the player...
  • I will be keeping everyone out of the house all day so that it stays clean.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited October 2017
    muggle621 said:
    I can’t wait to decorate for Christmas. I’d do it now if I didn’t need DH’s help moving furniture around for the tree. 
    I’m also just about done with Christmas shopping. 
    ME TOO!!!! We moved to this house in Feb and it has so much potential! I'm wondering if I can get away with decorating on Nov 1....normally I'm not the type of person to rush in the holidays but I really love Christmas decorations right now....and all the Christmasy smells! 

I fully intend on ordering some scentsy Christmas melts in a couple weeks. I can’t put up our tree until closer to Christmas because of toddler and dogs, but I will be stringing lights and putting out nick nacks and the nativity set. 

Edited because of brain fart
  • @Gingermom15 If you don't already have a Scentsy consultant to buy from, let me know! And I have already been burning snowberry because I can't get enough of it!
  • npkat said:
    @Gingermom15 If you don't already have a Scentsy consultant to buy from, let me know! And I have already been burning snowberry because I can't get enough of it!
    I usually just buy from amazon or eBay  :#
    is there a benefit to having a consultant?
  • @ksmwalters a tired dog is a good dog!
    I drop my dog off at daycare on Sunday's so he'll sleep during The Walking Dead. I guess that's another confession! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited October 2017
    I’ll jump on the dog confession. My boxer has spent too much time crated today. He does this thing where he will be on the brink of dying from dehydration, with a completely full bowl of water in his face, before he decides to drink it. All at once. Then he pukes it all back up. I’m getting over a stomach virus and spent all night puking. I can’t handle that slimy, gross water puke.
  • I get annoyed when DH has the TV on with the kids all the time, but after the last couple months of crazy working hours, I'm home with them today (for my first day at home in what seems like forever) and I only kept it off for about 3 hours this morning. It's back on, and I forgot how productive I can feel when it's on. I promise to turn it off...in like...10 more minutes.
    I'm finding that if I just leave it on but with the volume wayyyyy down or off, two things happen.  One, they don't ask me nonstop to turn it on; and two, they don't sit down and watch it, more like play play play and then take a pause every once in a while when it catches their attention.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• @triplejplus1 when my daughter was born we were getting “Now you need a boy!” comments almost immediately. And “it needs to be a boy! You need to have a boy!” ever since we announced this pregnancy. Clearly I don’t like being told what I “need”  :D 
  • @ShawnnaO same. And I can only imagine they're reactions when we tell them its another girl. I mean, I can see how it would be fun to have one of each, but I hate how people feel the need to tell you what you need to have. Like we are the ones making the decision..
  • @triplejplus1 yes! And what do people have against having multiple girls? 
  • @ShawnnaO I don't know but our little girl has been more fun an enjoyable than I ever could have imagined! And I will gladly take another! Before I had kids I just always thought I would be a boy mom. Maybe just because I'm more of a Tomboy and grew up with brothers. Glad I was wrong :)
  • @triplejplus1 I had three older brothers so I always pictured myself having a boy first but my daughter has become like my little best friend. I would love a little boy, but I do not NEED a little boy and would be absolutely thrilled to be the mother of two daughters. 
  • I microwave almost all the hot food I feed my son. I say almost bc I was taught to not speak in absolutes so I’m leaving room. 
  • @Gingermom15 My dog does that too! She's a husky little husky mix  :D  She will wait forever to drink anything, then I hear her slurping down water for 10 minutes and I know she's gonna puke. I have to stand over her and make her take breaks from drinking, and the whole time she's looking at me like I'm a horrible person for not letting her have all the water all at once... arrrgh. 

My FC - I ate all the left over pasta for lunch, there was enough in there for two people. It always tastes better the next day! Then I took a 2hr nap...
    I had my monthly check-up today and they had to take a blood sample, so I didn't really have breakfast, and I was starving! 
  • FFFC: I was reading the "how big is baby" on TB and one of the things it suggested to do was to start looking for and interviewing pediatricians.  My actual FFFC is that with DD we never interviewed any pediatricians, I didn't even know I needed to have a pediatrician appointment set before we left the hospital!  I think the nice nurse saw the look of horror/surprise on my face when she asked who the pediatrician DD was going to see the day I got discharged.  They had a pediatricians office they recommended that's 10 mins away from me so we just went with them for the initial visit.  I was very lucky and we love our pediatricians office and all the staff there, we had an appointment for DS scheduled before we even went in for my induction and we'll be taking this baby there too.  Realizing that I never did any of the proper steps like interviewing different pediatricians offices makes me feel like a bad mom :(
  • @ShawnnaO @triplejplus1 My parents had a girl first, then after having their second child, my dad called his dad to tell him it was a girl and he said, "call me when you have a boy." Seriously? They proceeded to have two more girls after that, and we had a great time growing up! :lol: I still get annoyed with all the "your poor dad" comments when people find out there were 4 girls and no boys.
  • FFFC: I was reading the "how big is baby" on TB and one of the things it suggested to do was to start looking for and interviewing pediatricians.  My actual FFFC is that with DD we never interviewed any pediatricians, I didn't even know I needed to have a pediatrician appointment set before we left the hospital!  I think the nice nurse saw the look of horror/surprise on my face when she asked who the pediatrician DD was going to see the day I got discharged.  They had a pediatricians office they recommended that's 10 mins away from me so we just went with them for the initial visit.  I was very lucky and we love our pediatricians office and all the staff there, we had an appointment for DS scheduled before we even went in for my induction and we'll be taking this baby there too.  Realizing that I never did any of the proper steps like interviewing different pediatricians offices makes me feel like a bad mom :(
    We take our son to the same pediatrician DH and I saw as children. I didn’t call her office until he was two days old to see if they were taking new patients. I have no clue what I would have done if they weren’t...
    You’re babyis seeing a good pediatrician and is well cared for, don’t beat yourself up!
  • My FFFC: Tonight's combo-veggie pizza is still the most veggies I've had in one meal this week. Delicious though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Speaking of TV....my FFFC is I don't put a limit on TV for my kids as many parents have hard/fast limits.  I might be a stickler for other rules, nap times, bed times, etc.  Some days it might be my saving grace other days it's not even been on.  Mornings and evenings is usually when it will be on, however, I don't fret if it's on more.  My son doesn't usually sit for it and my daughter is in school all day, sometime she I just need to hear there's life out there.  
  • Sometimes I look at my Facebook feed and think, "My kids are going to think I'm suuuuuch a b****." 

Today's examples: 
    One person who has five boys then had twin girls (they're probably 18-24 mo) posted a picture of one of the girls sleeping on her chest, reported that it's like that every night and lamented that she never gets sleep because one or the other of the twins is always on top of her. I'm going to go with no. She has seven kids to care for, I would already be concerned with keeping it equitable in the household (jealousy of not just the twinness, but that they're girls after all those boys--there were lots of opinions on that part expressed by the parents and others--and that they're the babies of the family), and she, as her own human, deserves sleep since these two are old enough to sleep through the night independently. 

Another: "We're getting our grown daughter in college a passport." Me in that situation, "Daughter is getting a passport" or "I'm helping daughter get a passport." She's an adult. With a little guidance, she can do it on her own. I did it on my own at that age. It's good for her to learn those things and most importantly, to learn that she is capable of doing these things on her own. Unless there was some great reason, it's her thing to figure out. I'll help her out but do it for her? Nope. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @ksmwalters I think part of it is that boys carry on the family name. Stupid. 

@kiki75 if wanting to raise your kids to be independent and able to carry their own weight, then add me to the b* club. 
  • Confession: I am obsessing over my weight gain, mostly because I can tell I’m gaining in my face already and I didn’t notice that with my other two. I wouldn’t usually worry because I’m small the way it is, but my Mom and sisters are all over weight and have the worst time getting it off— and that terrifies me. I’m the worlds most picky eater, so “eating healthy” is something I’m struggling with big time, but I need to step up my game. And stop sitting around. Doesn’t help that DH is currently in the best shape he’s been in since high school and I’m just feeling so blah. 
  • @chasingroygbiv I have that issue each time, but I gain in my face any time I put on 5 lbs or more. DH is a personal trainer, so I definitely get the frustration that comes with having a SO who is in great shape (and mine is always working with people to get into their best shape). You're not alone! You've got this. My sister and mom have been overweight for a long time, and both have been documented obese at different times. They struggle with food relationships, so it always worries me in pregnancy when I get on a not-so-good good kick. This too shall pass! Your body will do right by baby. You've got this! Go easy on yourself--you will get back to where you want to be.

• Thanks @LiveNLove44 I think the fact that Winter is coming has me nervous that it’ll just get worse being cooped up inside. Time to just be wise about what I’m eating and continue trying to keep up with the kids to stay more active! 
  • I can't figure out what FFFC stands for and it's not on the abbreviation page..  :'(
  • @sarahhedger7 Flame Free Friday Confession  ;)