April 2018 Moms

UO Thursday

What do you have today? 

Also, this week is dragging.  Why is it only Thursday??

Re: UO Thursday

• @sparklingdiamond totally agree about the week dragging.  It feels like it should be over already

I don't know if I have UO today. I'm going to try and think of something. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • +1 to the week dragging. I had a good UO earlier in the week but now I can't remember it :(
  • Loading the player...
  • @lindsye what a great article.  Every time I read an article about a girl being sent home from school and there are pictures of what she is wearing I just shake my head, most of the time there is nothing wrong with her outfit.  I really hate that they use that excuse that it's a distraction for boys because they have sexual thoughts because what a girl wears.  Frankly I girl with no skin showing at all can just as easily be raped as a girl wearing a bikini. 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @JJMNO1616 I definitely think uniforms are awesome - I wore them all throughout school and appreciated them even in high school because it was SO easy to get dressed in the morning. My 5 year old wears a uniform to school now and I love them as a mom because there is no fighting over her clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree that there needs to be guidelines, but that it also shouldn't be made for girls to feel like it's their fault that guys have sexual thoughts.  At our school, I thought most of the guidelines made sense and there was a dress code for guys too (no holes in the pants, no tank tops, etc).  I actually kind of do like the idea of uniforms though.  We never had them at any of the schools I was at.  The rule I hated the most was that shorts/skirts/dresses had to be fingertip length.  Which sucked, because I had long arms and could rarely find any shorts that were long enough.
  • I love the concept of training people to dress for adulthood. I work in an industry that has a "no dress code policy" and this usually means that a person shows up in ripped jeans, t-shirt, and crap shoes or I saw a gal in the office with a crop top and jeans. I am all for individual expression, but there is a difference between expression and laziness. My UO is that I wish the 100% casual office would go away. In my last three jobs it seems people have lost the understanding of what it means to dress for the office. Can people not wear clothes that are more casual-professional? I just feel like the dress in the workplace has gotten way too relaxed. (wow - I sound super ancient). 
  • @kmalls just so long as you don't try and tell me that stove top qualifies as actual stuffing I can tolerate your other thanksgiving opinions.  (coming from the family that more corn pudding all from cans)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kmalls just so long as you don't try and tell me that stove top qualifies as actual stuffing I can tolerate your other thanksgiving opinions.  (coming from the family that more corn pudding all from cans)
    @ekendall09 I mean... 

• @kmalls I am totally with you on the canned cranberry sauce and can even get behind the corn but hell to the no on the canned green beans. However, I'd take canned vegetables over frozen any day, which my in-laws seem to love. I didn't grow up on frozen veg and they just gross me out. 

Stuffing needs to be real for thanksgiving. If I'm craving stuffing on a random January evening though, Stovetop is acceptable. 

@mcg920 YES THIS. I feel bad because these people are so well-meaning and they are usually my closest friends and family but like... I talk to you via text/phone/whatever several times a week. You need to ask how I'm feeling every time? I thought this would stop after 1st tri and everyone knew my MS was gone. "Good, just tired!" is apparently not exciting enough for everyone. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • @ekendall09 I HATE that!  Like get away from me please!  It's even worse when they go right next to you and it's obvious they have to go too so then its just even more awkward.
  • As far as dress code in the work place, I’m a nurse. There aren’t usually too many dress code concerns as long as you stick to a few rules: 1. Iron your damn scrubs. They have brands that never wrinkle. Buy those or use an iron. I judge people with wrinkled ass clothes (maybe that’s an UO). 2. If you work with adult patients or on a serious/critical unit, it’s not really appropriate to wear Bugs Bunny or Spongebob prints. 3. If you wear white scrub pants, get some flesh toned underwear. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• @kmalls yes! We tried using fresh green beans one year in our casserole and it just wasn’t right. 
  • @kmalls green bean casserole should ONLY be made with canned green beans!!! 
  • I have never had green bean casserole with fresh green beans, but I love it with canned green beans.  Which is weird, because I hate mushrooms, but I am totally okay with the taste of cream of mushroom soup. 

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite and all this talk is making me sad that it's still so far away!
  • Green bean casserole with canned green beans is the only way to go. But you’re totally wrong about the cranberry sauce. Or maybe it’s because we make a cranberry relish with oranges and cinnamon. That canned jelly stuff looks like alien brains. 

Totally agree with the the dress code stuff. We need to rewrite the policies to eliminate the victim blaming. I work at a school with uniforms and my principal HATES dress down day because everyone pushes the limits. The boys in their stupid oversized pants that hang at their knees, the girls with the see-through tops or rips in the jeans at their butt cheek. It’s ridiculous.

That said, I did recently share something on Facebook about how the “professional dress code” is somewhat outdated in regards to tattoos and piercings. That unless a tattoo is offensive, people should not be discriminated in the workplace for tattoos and piercings. I used to cover up my tattoo and take out my piercings for interviews, but then I decided that I certainly won’t be taking my piercings out every day at work or wearing long pants in the summer to cover up the tattoo on my leg. So they can decide in the interview if my tattoo and piercings are more important to them than my work ethic and skills I have to offer. 
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • I have never had green bean casserole with fresh green beans, but I love it with canned green beans.  Which is weird, because I hate mushrooms, but I am totally okay with the taste of cream of mushroom soup. 

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite and all this talk is making me sad that it's still so far away!
    For a second I thought you were just going to say you have never had green bean casserole and I thought the world stopped. By far my favorite side dish at holiday time. 
  • I haven’t had green bean casserole in forever! Now I’m going to crave it lol.

My UO is food related also. I made baked mac and cheese for dinner. Wasn’t the recipe I have used before, and (here it comes) it was too cheesy. It seems I am the only person who thinks there is such a thing as ‘too much cheese’ (only in recipes - cheese all by itself, the more the better).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mcg920 I feel you.  It's like every day at work the same people ask me "How are you feeling"  and sometimes even ask me more then once in a day.  It gets frustrating because it's like "I'm pregnant! I'm tired, hungry, feel sick, and want to throat punch people" Also french fries and milkshakes are the best right now. 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @bagowater ohhh yes in regards to outdated dress codes. I live in a conservative area, so when I used to work at a bank I had to wear nylons with skirts. At my current workplace the bosses are having trouble deciding what tattoos are acceptable. They landed on that we don't have to cover "small" tattoos. I don't really know what that means, but I consider mine small so I don't cover it and no one's ever said anything. I still cover it and take out my nose piercing for interviews though.
  • @ekendall09 This is one of my biggest complaints!! Give me a buffer zone!! haha #workplacepoopproblems
  • @bagowater ohhh yes in regards to outdated dress codes. I live in a conservative area, so when I used to work at a bank I had to wear nylons with skirts. At my current workplace the bosses are having trouble deciding what tattoos are acceptable. They landed on that we don't have to cover "small" tattoos. I don't really know what that means, but I consider mine small so I don't cover it and no one's ever said anything. I still cover it and take out my nose piercing for interviews though.
    Mine is not small lol. I’ve actually gotten more compliments on it at interviews than poor feedback. So hopefully that’s a sign we are moving in the right direction. 
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020