June 2018 Moms

STM+ Check In w/o 10/19

I didn't see this started yesterday.... sorry if I just missed it, but figured I'd start it.

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 

GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year?
me 35/ DH 39
married 8/22/2015
BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

Re: STM+ Check In w/o 10/19

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 7+2
    How old are your other kids? DD is 7, DS is 1
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I'm a little concerned how I'm going to carry DS when I am way more pregnant and then to carry both of them after baby gets here.  I love being able to hold him and he's busy, but still a little snuggler.   
    Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: DD has said she would like another sibling so I am excited to be able to tell her!  
    GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year? DD wants to be Sofia Carson and to continue with the "theme" DS will be a little rocker too.  I'm going to make some kind of leather vest for him, give him a mohawk, and probably draw on some tattoos or something.  :P 

@jsl82 when DD was so little and even DS this year, he will probably stay home with dad and hand out candy.  There is an indoor event at our Rec Center that we will all go to, but it'll probably be too cold and late for him to be out trick or treating.  It's more for mom and dad and grandma and grandpa the first couple years I feel like.  :)  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 yes!  We can add it to that check in :) - Also, I can't wait to hear what your DD says when you tell her!  
    @bkrahn ugh.  I hear ya with the tantrums.  I don't think my DD is very far behind yours, and the tantrums stress me out!  I'm waiting for the day it happens in public.
    @dinodna3 The exhaustion is killing  me too.  Thats great they have each other to play with, though!  And A Halloween themed party sounds amazing! What themed things are you going to ha@bkr1180
    @jsl82 Reading your updates make me excited to have another bub that small!  I loved that "in between" stage where they are really trying to figure things out. 

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @coffee89 we are doing a fireman and Dalmatian too.

How far along are you? 7 weeks

How old are your other kids? 2.5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Tantrums are no joke! The little patience I have is wearing thin. I think we’ve finally found a way to get him to listen and relax though, so I’m feeling good about that. Let’s just hope it lasts when the new baby gets here. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I’m just excited to see how ds interacts with the baby. He’s had some moments of jealousy when I hold other babies, so I’m hoping that that has settled down by June. 

GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year? Ds is going to be a fireman because he’s obsessed with fireman sam. I’ll be a Dalmatian and we are decking out his wagon as a fire truck. 
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 I love that idea!  Like our own halloween picture parade!
    As for DD trick or treating- we are close with our neighbors and all the dads take the kids out on a loop (basically around the block since the other kids are 2,3,5 & 6 so they are all still small) and bring a wagon (which I believe is a wagon of beer).  DH is planning on going with the other dads. T or T also starts at 5pm in our neighborhood- so they should be back by normal bedtime.  

@sunshineandwhiskey it is one of the nice things about having them so close we get to "extend" the good times.  And the bad stuff like sleepless nights & teething aren't going to be so jarring since we are basically still going through it.  But we do look at her some days and just wonder if we will get so lucky again- I mean she's awesome and so smart figuring stuff out.  

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @kbrown2385 Your halloween costumes sound adorable!!  How do you get him to relax?  Our DS has been throwing tantrums too the last few days...like supper last night...eating just fine then all of the sudden boom, tantrum.  And Yes!  I was in the church nursery this past Sunday and DS got a little jealous when I was holding the other baby in there.  We haven't really been around other babies so I've never seen how he reacts!  He's the youngest at daycare too so he doesn't know any different!
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? 
    6 weeks, 1 day

4yo girl, 2yo boy

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?
    2yo doesn't talk. At all. He says 4 words, that are actual words- Dada, mama, mmhmm and No. He has speech therapy every week, but I can't see it helping and it's so frustrating. I taught DD signs, but she talked so soon that she didn't really use them so I didn't teach DS... now I'm working on signs with him. The majority of my days involve him screaming because I can't figure out what he wants. Just having a pity party for myself today, lol

For some reason, if I hum the Jaws theme, DS gives me a kiss. Every time. It's so funny! 

DS picked out a dinosaur costume, and DD is Belle. I tried to convince her to be something not so popular, but she wanted Belle.... next year we'll do a family costume. 
  • How far along are you? 
    6 weeks, 5 days

4.5 and 3 years

DS1 goes back and forth from being super sweet to being a crazy that refuses to listen to us and is pushing every boundary possible.  So frustrating.  DS2 is not getting #2 with potty training.  We've been working on it for months with no success.

Just super excited for #3 to come along.  :)

DS1 - Batman (again.  He's obsessed)
    DS2 - Robot (it will be my first attempt to make a costume vs. buying one)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited October 2017
    @PatientlyWaiting10 thank you! They have the potential to be cute, if I can stop being lazy and actually get them done lol. A few women on his bmb actually gave me the idea for getting him to listen and deal with the tantrums. It’s from the book 1,2,3 magic. I know, a parenting book, but I was up for anything at that point. It really works though and he is more enjoyable to be around. He went from 10+ tantrums and timeouts a day to maybe a handful a week. It’s all about giving 3 chances to calm down and listen. If he doesn’t or goes into a tantrum, he goes into timeout. I’ve learned ignoring the reaction or tantrum is super important, or your just feeding into it. I’m trying to teach him about taking deep breaths and understanding emotions, but he’s 2 and not really getting it yet. 

Edit because words
  • How far along are you? 
    6 weeks and 4 days

DS has co-slept since he was 6 months old and even now cannot fall asleep unless he has me in a headlock facing him. Really I don't mind, but if this one proves just as clingy snuggly, we'll have to get a bigger bed.

I'm very excited for them to play together! DS is happy and fine playing alone or with us, but I can't help but picture him having a blast with another little kid.

Monkey, or as he calls them, an ahoohoo.
    Nov Sig Chall

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How far along are you? 
    4 wks 3 days - ish

C has been a demon one minute and a total sweetheart the next. I can’t keep up with her mood swings!

I’m really excited about it. I know C will be a good big sister and hopefully very helpful!

Probably a unicorn. She’s obsessed with all things horse and unicorn. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    4 + 5

13 mos and almost 3 yrs.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going  through now? 
    @May14th2011 I feel you on the 2 year old tantrums. 

Current joys/successes/ or happy thoughts about being a STM: I'm excited for one of my kids to get a same gender sibling. 

GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year? Elmo and a tiger 
  • How far along are you? 
    4-5 weeks

15 months and 4 years

My 15 month old had been being a pill but has been happy all week so I think we made a breakthrough! He’s definitely going to be our spirited child. They’re both energetic beyond belief!

I LOVE my boys’ relationship. They love each other so much and I’m so excited to add another one to the mix. 

no idea HA! Probably superhero’s since we have masks and capes already. Last year DS1 was a fireman and DS2 was fire (wore red and yellow and we glued felt to a hat to make it look like flames. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • I’m trying to teach him about taking deep breaths and understanding emotions, but he’s 2 and not really getting it yet. 

Edit because words
    @kbrown2385 I'm 35 and I have times where I'm still not getting it.  Sounds like you made some real progress though ;)

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• How far along are you? 6w today!

How old are your other kids? DD just turned 2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Speech.. DD is getting chattier every day, but I feel like she may be a tad behind. Being a really big child, we have been told she will be slightly delayed. Just wondering when to call in an expert. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Just tickled that there will be another one. I love DD watching her change and learn. And getting to play. I want another one. 

GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year? DD will be a Snow Tiger. She loves anything that ROARS! or a butterfly. Which also roars... fyi. 

@jsl82 When DD was about that age we were encouraged to get a hula hoop, so DD could hang on from the middle, and we could walk behind holding the hoop, so she could be in control, and keep her hands at or below chest level in front of her, helping with her balance. (Not my photo) This also saved our backs from bending over all the time!

Image result for walking with a hula hoop toddler

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 

• How far along are you? 7 + 1

How old are your other kids? 17 months

We are going through a serious mommy phase right now and I can't even stand up from sitting next to her without her having a meltdown and flopping on me...she is a bit of a drama queen, she clearly got that from DH ;)

DH loves other kids and I can't wait to see the relationship they'll form.

A little fox...simple and warm enough to walk around outside in October in Ohio 
  • Ahh so cute @PatientlyWaiting10! I teared up reading that. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 ohh my gosh, that's the cutest thing!! Got allll the goosebumps reading that 
  • How far along are you? 5weeks + 3 days

How old are your other kids? DS will be 3 in Dec

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I'm most worried about DS and how he'll adjust to not having me all to himself. I am a WFH/SAHM so he is used to spending a lot of time with me. I'm also really excited to see him eventually lose the battle of being jealous and instead fall so in love with his little brother or sister.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I guess I already answered that in the previous answer!

GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year? He keeps saying he wants to be Cookie Monster, which is funny since that's not even his favorite character or TV show or anything. It hasn't been picked out yet...I'm procrastinating!
  • @TravelingCouple  D14! Another one! Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• tammy574tammy574 member
    edited October 2017

How far along are you? 6+2

How old are your other kids?  6 & 2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I’m just starting to actually think about this seriously since I had my scan today and I actually am pregnant after all. I feel like the third time around it feels much more serious and sobering to bring a child into this world. My 6 year old being in school and naively believing everything she is told has thrown me for a loop. I really feel overwhelmed at bringing a third into the world and having to teach them everything about life and good morals etc.  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I feel like I’m missing a lot of the joy *TW* because of my history. I feel shaken and robbed of the joy. *end TW* I do think my kids will be sweet to a baby and I’m glad they will have another sibling. 

GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year? Princesses. 
  • Ughhhhhh.... my 2yo had his well check today. He hasn't grown at all, height or weight, in almost a year. The Dr is starting to be concerned. I'm hoping he'll hit a growth spurt and shoot up soon
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 That's so sweet!! Aw, makes my heart happy reading that!

@May14th2011 How frustrating, hope he hits a growth spurt soon. With his speech, if not doing so already, a trick I learned is take his hand and put it on your lips say a word then put his hand on his mouth and have him repeat. It's supposed to help by him feeling the vibrations of your mouth and he will hopefully be able to more easily repeat the word.

How far along are you? 

6 weeks today
    2 in January
    as of right now no...tv has been helpful when I'm feeling extra nauseous or tired
    Just happy to be a mom
    Mickey Mouse
  • How far along are you?
    5 or 6 weeks.

1.5 (almost 20 months)

I really want them to share a room later on, since we live in a 2-bedroom apartment and I DO NOT want to move, but my little dude is not a great sleeper. Correction, he does great the first 8-9 hours but tends to wake up cranky and early. I'm kind of nervous about adding another kid to that mix. Will we get any sleep??!!

We're going to have our own crew! My son will have a permanent playmate!

A skeleton. I got those glow-in-the-dark GAP PJs so he'll stay warm.
  • I've had this on my mind recently even though it's early I am concerned how I will do transitioning to 2 versus 1. I had a really hard time going from 0-1 and I would like to avoid that repeat. I've heard mixed things, some moms having an easier time going from 1-2 than they did 0-1 or that it was much harder second time around. I guess it depends on a lot of factors.
  • How far along are you?  4 1/2 weeks 

How old are your other kids? He'll be 2 at the end of January

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea of having a toddler and a newborn!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I love the idea of the two of them playing together, growing together. I also wanted to have two kids, so I also just love that this new addition will complete our family :)

GTKY: What will your older child(ren) be for Halloween this year? He's going to be a lion and I can't wait!
  • edited October 2017
    tepr14 said:
    I've had this on my mind recently even though it's early I am concerned how I will do transitioning to 2 versus 1. I had a really hard time going from 0-1 and I would like to avoid that repeat. I've heard mixed things, some moms having an easier time going from 1-2 than they did 0-1 or that it was much harder second time around. I guess it depends on a lot of factors.
    It does depend, I think especially on how old your older one is. DS1 was 2+9mo when DS2 was born and it was easier that going from 0-1. 

ETA typos
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • I had a hard time adjusting from zero to one - the sleep deprivation, shock and awe of the constant crying, the breastfeeding woes, his 14% weight loss, the unexpected C-section, and the rush of hormones...it was just a crazy blur, and a million times harder than I thought. My sincere hope with kiddo #2 is that it'll be easier -- not *easy,* but just easier because I'll know more about what to expect and I'm emotionally more 'hardened' now, ha! 
  • My sincere hope with kiddo #2 is that it'll be easier -- not *easy,* but just easier because I'll know more about what to expect and I'm emotionally more 'hardened' now, ha! 
    I found this to be very true. 0 to 1 was harder than 1 to 2 even though I did 2 under 2. (I've heard the logistics are easier if your other kid is at least 3). Part of what's so hard about the first is that you're becoming a mom (which is a very intense process) and so much in your life is changing. Going from 1 to 2 involved fewer changes. 

• Forgot to do this till now

How far along are you? 8+3

How old are your other kids?  just turned 5

our son has high functioning autism and most likely ADHD. Working through some prek school behaviors now. I get scared adding a baby to the mix but know he'll love it, just be tough on us for a bit.

he loves little babies and our nieces that are younger than him, I can't wait to see him with a baby sibling

dinosaur. We basically live in Jurassic park.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @yogamamabear sounds like we're in similar situations with our older ones. You might need to give me tips on how to get through this prek year  :s
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • For those of you who plan for this baby to be your last, have you considered tubal litigation or vasectomy? I don't like the idea of long term hormones for myself but I really don't know much about getting tubes tied or vasectomy. Just starting to gather information. Obviously none of you have first hand experience. :)