Adoption
Options

October - I am / want to adop(ting) or foster(ing)

Are you thinking about adopting / fostering? Are you in the process of adopting/fostering? If so, please tell us more about yourself and your experiences so far.

-What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)

-How are you feeling about the process right now?

-Any questions?

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?

-Anything else to add?
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: October - I am / want to adop(ting) or foster(ing)

• Options
    -What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?
    Foster Care

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)
    Waiting for a match

-How are you feeling about the process right now?
    It's slow, but we expected that. If we were willing to foster kids of a greater age range, we would probably have had a placement by now, but DH really wants to start off parenting with a baby so our range is ages 0 - 2. I'm trying to convince him to bring it up to 4 or 5 so we can start fostering sooner, but we'll see.

-Any questions?
    Not right now

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?
    Nothing I haven't said before

-Anything else to add?
    I noticed a few new people intro'd last month who have had placements already. Any advice would be great!
  • Options
    Are you thinking about adopting / fostering? Are you in the process of adopting/fostering? If so, please tell us more about yourself and your experiences so far.

-What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? Foster to Adopt

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) We were placed with a 6 month old girl and 3 year old girl 1 week after getting licensed.

-How are you feeling about the process right now?  It's been wonderful and we have had the girls 15 months.  It is an emotional roller coaster and we still don't know what the final outcome will be.  It is looling like parents rights will be officially terminated at the beginning of the year and we are the only people currently qualified to adopt them.

-Any questions?  

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?  If you go the foster route be prepared to support the bio parents as they try to work their services.  The goal almost always starts out as reunification with the parents.

-Anything else to add?