June 2018 Moms
Options

TV/Movie Recommendations

sabby2sabby2 member
edited October 2017 in June 2018 Moms
Alright, "spam" me with your favorite shows to binge watch.  I have Netflix and Hulu w/ HBO at my whim.

Right now DH and I love Grey's but I'm fairly open if there's a good story and decent character development.
We are so excited to grow our family!
DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TV/Movie Recommendations

• Options
    I just did another Grey's run on Netflix because DH is not a fan so it's a great show for me to watch when he's working lol. That show is so SO good in the first season but then it goes downhill quickly but I can't give it up!

I liked Ozarks on Netflix a lot. Always game for a West Wing run. Shameless is always a favorite. Could rewatch Stranger Things to gear up for season two at the end of this month?

Do you have Amazon Prime? I loved the first couple seasons of Catastrophe. Also if you haven't done an Alpha Dogs run, that's fab.

• Options
    No Amazon Prime here. Have thought about it.

Stranger Things sounds too creepy for my tastes but who knows.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 what is Ozarks about?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This might be ridiculous but I'm currently binging the great British baking show on Netflix and it's the best thing I've ever seen!! Also if you like fairy tales and Disney, I'd recommend once upon a time (also on Netflix). It's especially good in the first few seasons and then kinda drops from there. 

On HBO, I mean obviously game of thrones, but also VEEP. It's hilarious and doesn't get enough love. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @sabby2 It's Jason Bateman and Laura Linney in a series that has sort of a low key Breaking Bad tone (not nearly as good, but I believe it's trying to match that tone). Bateman basically has to launder a bunch of money for drug lords, and that leads him to the Ozarks. Bateman is very Bateman-y. 
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 we love GoT!!  I've seen a few seasons of Once upon a time. 

Veep sounds funny.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The Good Place is in it's second season but DH and I were hooked on it the first episode.
  • Options
    Atypical on Netflix is great. Our son was diagnosed with high functioning autism so it was interesting to us.

for anyone that has amazon prime, we loooved sneaky Pete!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    If you haven't seen it already, watch Dexter! I think it's on Netflix? It was awesome up until the last season, IMO. It can get pretty gory, but if you can manage GOT I don't think it'll be a problem!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you haven't seen it already, watch Dexter! I think it's on Netflix? It was awesome up until the last season, IMO. It can get pretty gory, but if you can manage GOT I don't think it'll be a problem!
    DH binged on Dexter on his own, lol. I watched a few episodes with him but I never got into it. Maybe because I just watched random episodes?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 You should totally try to watch the first 2-3 episodes and see if grabs you! :) I was hooked! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like dramas like Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie, One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy, Madam Secretary, Bones... 
    I just started binging Mistresses on Amazon Prime - I liked seasons one and two best, but it is still pretty good in season 3 or 4 or whatever I am on now. 
    I also really am enjoying The Good Place too @firsttimemommy28
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I loved Dexter until season 3..then idk it just sorta lost something for me. But I did watch all the seasons anyway. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    And on Netflix... I loved:
    The Crown
    The Shanara Chronicles
    Don't laugh... The Shadow Hunters lol, I know, I know, dork! 
    Sherlock (Benedict and Martin just totally made this show fantastic 
    And I haven't watched it on Netflix, but it's on there... And I can't help myself with this show Outlander. 

Alright judge me if you will.. But it's still FFFC day.. MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Dashaina OMG OMG, I came here this morning to also recommend Sherlock (the Benedict & Martin version)! It came to mind when I was thinking about what other shows hooked me! I honestly really didn't think I'd be into it, but DH loved it so much and kept pushing until I finally agreed. I didn't expect it to be so witty and funny!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Right?? Let me just say for the record I find Benedict a bit strange looking in almost all other movies/shows I have seen him in.. Except Sherlock! And I just think Martin is adorable hahahhaha. But it is true so witty and funny and Martin's wife is hysterical, I just adore her to pieces...they really did quite a fantastic job casting all the characters in that show. I'm hooked for sure! I also started watching the other Sherlock (in America version) and I liked it for a while.. Then idk it sort of lost me. Same happened with Dexter. 
  • Options
    Any one here a Doctor Who fan? 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    sabby2 said:
    OMG! Me!! I'm still partial to the Tom Baker era... But did thoroughly enjoy Ecklestein (sp?), Tenant and Capaldi... Can't say Smith did anything for me.. Just reminded me of a less than stellar Tennant and to be sure I liked Smith very much in The Crown. I'm really looking forward to seeing a girl take on the role for the first time with Jody Whittaker coming up! 
  • Options
    Shameless!!! We’re obsessed.

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• Options
    We've been watching The Last Man On Earth on Hulu. It's hilarious! 
  • Options
    sabby2 said:
    Yes!!!!

• Options
    The ranch on Netflix is hysterical. Also Gilmore girls is a favorite of mine!
  • Options
    Big fan of Netflix, we just got it in July. Challenge is, we get some different programming in Canada, and no access to Hulu! (boo hoo!) 

But here goes: 
    - Love Sick (UK)
    - Crashing (US, and UK shows, 2 totally different shows)
    - Downton Abbey (I want to be the Dowager when I grow up!)
    - GLOW 
    - Girl Boss
    - Jane the Virgin
    - The League
    - Skins (seasons 1 and 2) (UK)
    - Big Mouth (the new cartoon on Netflix)
    - Great British Bake Off (we don't get on Netflix, so sad. So very Sad)
    - Mind of a Chef (Momofuko and Prune chefs seasons)
    - Justified
    - RuPaul's Drag Race

I am so looking for recommendations. DH and I are working through GOT season 7. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 downton abbey <3<3
  • Options
    @sabby2 Just a thought... But you should re name this thread TV Show & Movie Recs for the Mommas.... or something like that.  Because I find myself come back here and checking the suggestions too and then other new moms will know what it's about too! :smiley:
  • Options
    sabby2sabby2 member
    edited October 2017
    So, I love Gilmore Girls and Downton Abbey. I didn't watch the last few seasons but I really want to!

Edit: not Gilmore girls. I've watched that through 3 times!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Handmaid's Tale (Hulu), Big Little Lies (HBO), and my biggest addiction - Animal Kingdom (Amazon)!!!
  • Options
    Riverdale (Netflix) !
  • Options
    I'm gonna say.. I didn't think I'd be into it but it's like  Dr.Who meets DC Comic book heroes. I'm enjoying DC Legends atm. (Netflix) 
  • Options
    Anyone here like anime or kdramas?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Orange is the new black....I didn't want to watch it but once I started I got hooked on the characters and their life stories. 

Bloodline......netflix. Love this. 
  • Options
     @sabby2 +1 for anime :)

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Outlander, Master of None, finishing up Ray donovan too
  • Options
    @RatParade yeah buddy!  Got any faves?  My all time fave is probably Fullmetal Alchemist ♡
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 I haven't watched most of the newer ones, but Attack on Titan was pretty rad.  I loved Neon Genesis Evangelion.  And Jr. High me just can't let go of Fushigi Yuugi or Gundam Wing :D  Is it weird to crush on animated guys?  Probably.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Outlander, GOT, anything from public television, Sherlock, Downton Abbey.

Those of you who like Sherlock and Downton, I'd recommend Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (on Netflix). The 1920s fashion alone is worth watching but it's witty and has fun characters and dialogue.

Recently I've also been watching random episodes of Gossip Girl to unwind. (They are so beautiful and their lives and outfits are so unbelievably over the top... I can't look away.)
  • Options
    I’m OBSESSED with Outlander right now. It’s literally taking up like 3/4 of my thoughts at any given time. DH and I really enjoyed Ozarks together, and it’s hard for us to find something we both like. American Housewife cracks me up if you are looking for lighthearted.