TTC After a Loss

October WTO

Re: October WTO

• Are we allowed to post OPK pics?

I just started them today for the first time ever. The morning one was almost nothing, but the evening one was pretty dark. The picture in the directions made it seem like a positive, but from what you all have said in the comments, I'm thinking it really wasn't. Can I post the pic for y'all to help me?

I want to know if I should be looking for darker...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kbelly777 I have no clue if we're allowed to post OPKs. If you want to PM me the pic I'm happy to give you my two cents :)

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • I don't see why posting OPK pics would be a bad thing.  I just had my 2 dark line OPKs the last 2 days.  Todays was lighter.
  • Usually we don't post things we've peed on. I'd check the TOU just in case. But if that's fine, you could start a new thread that included a TW for it. That way if anyone doesn't want to see it, they don't have to. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Personally, I'd find it helpful because I'm just starting using OPKs myself. I think @dpjennifer has a good idea about starting a new thread with a TW for anyone that wouldn't wanna see 
  • I’d be ok with it as well. I’m literally getting my first OPKs in the mail today and will be starting using them for the first time, so I will probably also have no clue what I’m looking at :wink:
  • pumpkinpancake This is why I like the CBA ones. Smiley faces I can figure out. I stare at lines trying to interpret them for far too long. I'd have to be that person who tapes them each day to a piece of paper so I can compare them from day to day.
  • Ok I have some OPK confusion/questions.
    How long does it take for a positive OPK to get to a stark white negative?

So I'm on CD 10 and I got a stark white negative, but the last 2 days (CD8 & 9...and I only started testing on CD8) were like a 50% darkness of the control line. I took the CD9 OPK test yesterday morning, so is there a chance I had my surge last night and just missed it because I didn't test?? That would be awfully early to O, I wasn't expecting that. I guess there's also a chance my test this morning was just a fluke, so I will test again tonight and see if it's still a stark white negative or what. 
  • @fishee333 In all my 9 years of using OPKs, I've NEVER gotten a stark white one. Even if it is suuuuuper faint, I've always still had a squinter because even if you're not surging, you still have some LH in your system. I'd say it is more likely that the test was faulty. Or maybe your urine was just too diluted. I've also still had a very visible line, if not still positive, for a number of days post-surge/ovulation until the LH levels drop in the luteal phase. Interestingly, I've had almost positive OPKs coming right out of AF, only for them to go negative and then start to get darker and finally turn positive around my usual O time. I think it would be unlikely that you'd go from 50% to surge to stark white within 24 hours. I bet you haven't O'd yet. 

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @tosh24 Ok that makes a lot of sense and makes me feel better about my cycle; I wasn't prepared to O this early. Thank you so much. 
  • How's everyone holding up, we are halfway thru my fertile week. Not gonna lie when that thought of not sure how much longer I can have hope came thru my head. BD tonight was decent. I didn't use pre seed and really thought maybe I should have. The thoughts I have during sex are crazy.
  • @vlagrl29 FX for you! We're going to use pre seed for the first time this cycle, which is making me hopeful!
    AFM, CD 16 and still no ovulation... Was really hoping my OPK would be positive today but no... I hate when cycles are wonky... Get it together body, we've got a goal here!
  • CD9 for me here, and I’ve started with my OPKs now! Not quite sure how to interpret it though... the test line was like almost as dark as the control, but the control itself was fainter than I expected it to be? Neither was super dark... 
  • Well I have taken 2 more tests since my stark white result, and both have been a very light line compared to the control line. So that one result must have been bad or maybe my pee too diluted, but I'm still confused why my lines are lighter now than they were on CD 8 and 9. Oh well! At least I'm pretty confident I haven't O'd.. planning on starting lots of BD though because I don't know what's going on with my body anymore post loss and I don't want to miss the opportunity this month. 
  • @pumpkinpancake Hmmm confusing... Maybe wait until you can compare it to tomorrow's test and then hopefully it'll make more sense! 
  • @fishee333 Sometimes these OPKs are weird. My lines have been super light this month until today (CD 17) all of the sudden BOOM super dark. Usually for me, they gradually get darker but not this month. But a dark line is a dark line. Just glad it did finally happen (Yay for O day!)
  • I think I O'd yesterday but we will BD one last time tonight just in case!
  • Line getting darker again for me! 
  • Question.. when do you guys usually go from testing once a day to twice a day for OPKs? 
  • I got a positive OPK test this morning!! I am frustrated that I didn't BD last night. Will BD tonight for sure! I was definitely surprised by that positive result, looks like my cycle is back to normal now. I think I'll still test tonight and tomorrow morning just to see if the line gets any darker. 

@pumpkinpancake No idea as I'm new to this too. Having a positive test this morning though, I wish I tested last night. Next time I'm going to test twice a day as I get closer to CD 13 now that I know that's when I O. 

• Guys, I know that it may take a while for my cycle to return to normal post-loss, but I'm on AF day 9 and it's getting heavier...I'm worried there's something wrong with me (and this is incredibly inconvenient). Ugh. Ok, rant over.
  • I'm going to head over to TWW. We had 1 last BD tonight but I think I already Od. Can't hurt though.  I think I'm going to chill the rest of the year on this. I feel I'm putting too much pressure on myself again and I don't like that. It's made me really negative this time around and I want to stay in the happy place I was at.  Obviously still have sex but I'm just not going to be OCD about it all.
  • @pumpkinpancake I usually use 2 OPKs a day starting 2 days before I expect ovulation. If your cycle isn’t regular I’d start doing 2 per day as soon as you notice your test line is at all darker than the day before. 

@cassafrass15 Oh Wow! Sorry about the AF from hell! If I were in your shoes I’d call my doc on Monday toreport that this is unusual for you and see what they advise. Meanwhile, if you experience any vomiting, fever, or fainting I would go to an ER. It’s probably just your cycle being crazy and trying to regulate, but better safe than sorry! 
  • @cassafrass15 Ugh sorry :( I'm sure you are fine but ya talk to your doctor. 

@vlagrl29 Sorry you're going back to a negative place again, I hope you can get back to your happy state of mind. I know your new naturopath said to change your thinking, but it sounded like your previous thinking and state of acceptance was way less stressful and more positive. Taking the pressure off of yourself sounds like a good idea

As for me, my test line was darker than the control line last night, so I guess that was my positive O test. This morning, the test line matched the control line again. So I guess I'm going to O sometime today or tomorrow. 

• @fishee333 - you're so right it was so much better.  I'm already feeling relieved today.  I'm still going to go to the appt with her to go over lab results and talk supplementation but that's it for me.  I figure if we do clomid next year we can stress out and be OCD about BD timing at that time.  Why freak out now.
  • I just started using OPK for the first time this cycle. I'm seriously confused. Had light lines, then two days ago a darker (but not dark enough), then back to light lines. However, CM (sorry if TMI) was EWCM today, so I'm figuring its close if not already happened. Either way, we BD today and Friday, but I'm just scratching my head over the OPK. 
  • @nessie1313 Are you using the OPKs at the same time each day? Are you making sure to decrease your fluids a couple of hours prior to using?

TFAS since 2012

• @leahcimmichael Thanks! I called the RE this morning like you suggested and I'm going in tomorrow morning for an US to see what the heck is going on in there. 
  • @cassafrass15 Glad they’re taking your concern seriously and getting you in quickly. FX that everything looks a-ok!
  • @nessie1313 that sounds like what I’m experiencing too! I started OPKs for the first time last week, and so far haven’t gotten any “positive” ones. I got one that was somewhat dark towards the end of last week, but it’s been lighter again now so I have no clue what’s up. Don’t know if maybe I’m doing them wrong, or at bad times of the day? Either way, still BD like you said, but it’s just so confusing!
  • @tosh24 - I was doing first thing in morning, and then again in the evening at about the same time when I get home. I was trying to limit fluids (though I did forget one day) but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I had that one day that was darker, but not dark enough, and it was just as CM was becoming more EWCM, so I wonder if I missed it somehow. We shall see, I guess. 

@pumpkinpancake Glad to know I'm not alone in this! I forgot today, but DH was..ahem...in the mood so I got distracted. lol. We'll see how this cycle goes and then maybe I'll try again with a name brand or something. The ones I bought had good reviews, but they weren't "brand name" and I'm leaning toward trying the smiley ones - no room for squinting or thinking too hard!
  • Well I’m back here. CD 3 for me. 
  • I had my ultrasound earlier today and everything looks ok. My lining is still pretty thin (5-6mm), but that's not surprising considering I'm still spotting from a 12-day AF. Some small follicles but nothing close to O. I go back Friday to see if anything changes, but we likely wasted clomid this cycle. Blarg.
  • @cassafrass15 Oh I'm glad everything looks ok! That sucks if clomid ends up being a waste this cycle :( 
  • @cassafrass15 Glad everything was ok!
  • Thanks @fishee333 and @leahcimmichael! I guess even if we did waste clomid it was a relief to find out there's nothing wrong. Just gotta keep on keeping on, right? Hope all you ladies are hanging tough!
  • Finally back over here after the longest cycle I have had in years, 43 days, geez. The loss really did mess with my cycles. Trying to stay positive about another cycle though. We just booked a trip to England in April. Yay! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Still here... CD15 for me with no ovulation in sight. All negative OPKs so far, with none even remotely close to a positive. I had some ewcm for a couple days, but my temps have stayed consistently low, so no O yet. Last two cycles (my first two after the loss) both had late O, so I’ll just keep testing and temping for now. I was hoping my body would start getting back to a more ”normal” cycle, but I guess not yet. 

@robyn2201 glad your long cycle is over, and good luck this time around. And yay for a trip to England! I’ve always wanted to go there but never have yet. 

@cassafrass15 sorry if clomid was a waste, but glad that everything seems ok. 
  • @robyn2201 I just took a trip to England this past April! It was great, but still pretty chilly that time of year.