TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 10/16

2»

Re: TTCAL Week of 10/16

• @sprkls8506 and @ELeighMay sorry for the bad day.  Hugs to you both
  • @pumpkinpancake I hope you hear from ur OB soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I forgot to mention that while I was in the waiting room there were two little babies! I think it’s why I got so upset. Luckily it was a perfect afternoon and we got to spend some time outside. It is amazing what a little sunshine can do. I can’t wait to have some lazy tv time tonight tho! 
  • sprkls8506 I'm sorry your OB appointment sucked. I am taking a FB break for the rest of the week to let the million and one newborn photos of my niece settle down a bit. I really wish I didn't feel this way, but I can't control it. Give yourself the OK to feel like crap around the newborns. You're certainly not alone.
  • Nobody wants to feel this way but I completely get it!!! It’s nice to be able to vent here because most people don’t get it. 
  • Ok. Quick rant- is anyone else compleyly annoyed by the new "bump" adds that are poping up in the threads? Talk about insensitivity- I'm getting adds for baby stuff And preparing for baby?!? WTF?
  • jchpg If you're seeing these things, definitely complain. I know they exist on the TTGP board, but they shouldn't be showing up on these boards. When they first came out with these new ads TTCAL complained about the insensitivity, which is why we were given different ads.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Hugs to all you ladies having a hard week.

@jchpg I see the ads too. I didn't think twice because I'm getting them every website I go to, but now that I think of it, they definitely shouldn't be showing up on TTCAL at least. I definitely don't like them and would like them to go away.
  • @jchpg yes! It’s so annoying! I always use mobile because I couldn’t stand the ads that would
    always come up on the computer, but just since yesterday, I’ve been getting ads on mobile that I never had before! It’s so frustrating!
  • I’m still behind on This is Us. I heard someone is pregnant. I have no desire to catch up.
  • I have noticed the ads.  There weren't any ads last week and all of sudden here they are. Annoying 
  • we've been meaning to start this is us but we haven't had the chance yet @sprkls8506
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I’ll stick to my true crime for now  ;)
  • @ELeighMay *hugs* I’m sorry about all the difficult feelings you’re going through and that you got held hostage in a group text. Take care of yourself and don’t let anyone try to guilt you otherwise.
  • @ELeighMay I know the group text hell all too well. I'm in one with all my aunts, cousins, and sisters and it was BLOWING up once my sister went into labour until a week or so after she had the baby. I would just click on the group chat to clear my notifications but covered the screen so I didn't see anything. I'm sorry, it sucks.  
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I just noticed the ads today. Super annoying, but so far not triggering. Except that they’re trying to sell me a Dyson. I know my housekeeping isn’t the best, but seriously. My floors aren’t *that* horrible! 
    maybe.

1. I’m Leah, been here since July.
    2. TWW. 6dpo. Not that I’m counting...
    3. I have an appointment with an RE next week! I’m super excited and nervous. Of course being in the TWW my BSC is saying “you’re probably KU and won’t even need to go to the appointment.” Why does my mind even let me get my hopes up? Anyway, my mom’s BRCA results came back negative, so there’s no increased genetic cancer risk. DH and I discussed and we’re gonna do a countdown: 3 cycles of Clomid (or similar medication), 2 cycles of IUI, 1 we’re going nuclear and starting IVF. Hoping we won’t have to go through that full course. I’ve been giving my eggs pep talks and telling them that we can afford a lot of Disney vacations during their childhood for the cost of IVF... lol. Did I mention the BSC?
    4. My favorite store has to be Goodwill. I’m a reseller on eBay and so a trip to Goodwill means dollars in my pocket! 
  • leahcimmichael Thank you. I wanted to just drive over my phone. 

tosh24 Is being stuck in those groups not the worst!? I was doing the same thing, clicking on the message to clear the notifications and then closing the screen. DH hasn't said one word about her arrival, he knows. Last night SIL was snapchatting me pics of the baby sleeping with messages on it. Seriously? If you are messaging someone and they have zero response, do you not at some point assume that maybe they don't want your messages regarding said topic? It makes me insane. 

pumpkinpancake Seriously with the ads. It's obnoxious! Do they need to be between each post? Half the page as you're reading it is ads. Not to mention I don't need to see ads that contain baby products! It's like FB and their maternity clothing ads that I can't seem to make go away. 

On a fun side note I've had major O cramps each month since my D&C. Anyone else have this onset after their loss? I never had them before and the last three cycles they've gotten progressively worse. This cycle makes me want to rip out my lady parts. I messaged my Dr and she thinks it's just a higher hormone level with O each month than I had before and to "keep and eye on it". Ugh, this totally sucks. You ladies that have always had cramps with O, I totally feel for you. I'm 3dpo and want to curl up on the couch with a hot water bottle.
  • @ELeighMay I know I had a few really crampy cycles after my D&C. I don't remember specifics, I just remember my pelvis being SO sore and tender like I wanted to walk hunched over and not get off the couch if I didn't have to. Funny, I spent the last week freaking the eff out about how much pain I've been in. It started a couple days before O and then lasted 1-2 days past O. We couldn't even BD on O day because I was cramping so bad. I was at the doctor's 3 times trying to figure it out but so far, nada (I don't have my u/s results yet, though). I thought maybe I had an infection from the IUIs but the pain just stopped after O and I don't have a fever or anything. I'm thinking because I overstimulated last cycle I probably have a bunch of cysts that made before/during/after O really painful? Not sure. But I feel your pain.

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• So my friend just messaged me and asked if she could come over to use our car seats. She is due in March which is the same time I was due with my second loss. This is the woman who didn't want to tell me she was KU with her 3rd so her husband did it. She's trying to not buy a bigger vehicle so she wants to see if she can fit 3 carseats in the back of her SUV and wants to use my dionos to try it out. I want to be nice, so I said yes. But it really stings that I'm trying to helps SOMEONE ELSE wrangle car seats when that should have been me twice already in the last year. Le Sigh.  

TFAS since 2012

• ELeighMay  I definitely had O cramps after my first loss. Totally weird the first time I had them! Also, you can say you don't want to see the FB ads for baby stuff anymore, and tell them they're insensitive or something like that. They should give you different ads then. And my ads on here are never baby stuff for TTCAL. So, definitely speak up if you're seeing things you don't want to!

tosh24  :( Sorry. That sucks.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• tosh24 I hope your us results come back clear. I know that I have a couple cysts, but they've been there a long time. My Dr. didn't think it was caused by them, but she said if the pain continues to get worse each month we'd do so looking into it. In the meantime...I'll just lay here and writhe in agony.  I'm sorry you have to fight with car seats in someone else's car, that bites. You are a better friend than I am. I'd have made up some lame excuse for why it didn't work for me. 

dpjennifer I've tried to get rid of the FB ads, or at least change them. I always click on the report thing and tell them they don't apply to me, but alas I keep getting the dang things. Also, your Sig cracks me up every time I see it. 
  • @tosh24 ugh that stinks. I don’t think I would have been able to say yes. I hope it’s a quick visit for you. 
  • @tosh24 - I noticed in your siggy that you have a child born in 2011.  That's the year my DD was born - in March.  Were you able to conceive those 2 kids without medical assistance?
  • @tosh24 Ugh that's so hard. I don't think I would have been able to do it either. Props to you!

@ELeighMay I've never had O pains but I hear they're horrible! "Keep an eye on it" is such an annoying answer from drs... I hope they're over quickly!
  • Kath525 Thanks. I told my Dr., cramps once a month suck enough. Twice is just uncalled for. She's usually really proactive, so if she says "just keep an eye on it" it must genuinely be nothing to worry about right now. She will normally test for everything under the sun if there's a hint of a concern. I love that about her.
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited October 2017
    **TW children mentioned**

@vlagrl29 I was able to conceive my DD in 2006 without assistance after 2 months and had a healthy birth. I wonder now how much of that was a total fluke and if I've had issues all along. We tried for 2 years to conceive my DS and had no luck with Clomid and TI or an insane amount of temping/OPKing prior to seeing an RE. I ended up having an allergic reaction to the brand of hcg trigger I used in my last Clomid cycle so I was kind of on a forced break anyway while my RE forced me to see an allergist. By some miracle, I conceived my son while we were on that break. My diagnosis back then from my RE was "unexplained secondary infertility" like it is now. Although my AMH level now shows I have the egg reserve of a 38-40 year old, so my egg numbers and quality are probably a lot poorer than they were 6-8 years ago. When DS was 6 months old, we took the NTNP approach to TTC #3, although I still did use OPKs and chart secondary signs like CM and CP, but I didn't temp and I wasn't as crazy about scheduling BDing (but I still casually made sure we BD'd 3-4 times during FW). Treatments were really stressful for us when TTC DS so neither of us wanted to go down that route again. After 4.5 years, I spontaneously got pregnant again which I lost at 9 weeks last November. That's when we decided that we were really longing for another and started treatments again. It has been only a small fraction as stressful as last time - I think being married longer and working better as a couple has really helped in that regard. I was able to get pregnant on my 3rd IUI in June, but lost that one too in July. My last two cycles were utter failures and were cancelled. Now just waiting to see if we can get in for IVF (my appointment is in 2 weeks). We're still trying naturally, since technically I have been able to get pregnant on my own and have had 2 successful births so I know my body can do it, but with only 4 pregnancies in 12 years of unprotected sex, my odds aren't THAT great.

And there's my novel.....

Edit to fix typo

TFAS since 2012

• well I do think it is positive you can get pregnant on your own spontaneously @tosh24  GL on this natural route before IVF.
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited October 2017
    @vlagrl29 Did you have your appointment with the Functional Medicine Doctor yet? How did you like it?

TFAS since 2012

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    @tosh24 - yes i did today actually!  It was very different than going to my OB or MD.  She put in an order to quest to get my blood drawn to test for lots of things like vitamin levels, thyroid, etc.  She says sometimes those things can be low and that can affect your hormones.  So I'll go in Saturday morning to get a blood draw cause I need to fast for it.  She said once those are in we will go over it all and if I'm low on anything I'll need to supplement it so then we will talk about supplementation and I'll bring in my supplement bottles that we are taking.  She performed Kinesiology on me too which I've never heard of.  Just thru that she has a hunch of a couple things I'm low on but will confirm with blood test.  I can probably afford a couple more appts with her and then be taped out on money.  Got save some money for an RE if we want to do Femara after new years.  That's my plan B.  She said she's had patients that have spent 10k at a fertility clinic and never got pregnant that route but were low on something very basic and then had success.

I think she could sense I was negative about TTC.  I told her this was my last effort and then I might throw the towel in.  I told her it's been quite the journey that has not been easy on me.  She told me to switch my thinking around and believe I will get pregnant for that mind body connection.  I know this from yoga - if you believe it will happen most likely it will but TTCAL is a whole other ball game.  So I need to write down some positive mantras.  That has been hard too because I was working on letting go of everything and realizing we may be an only child family and now I need to restore hope in myself.

I was doing really well until she mentioned believing I will get pregnant.  Then I lost it a bit and said it's so hard.  I'm like "what's the point, I already have a kid so why bother any more".

Overall I found it very informative and interesting.  I'm willing to give it a shot while we are naturally TTC for 2.5 more months lol.  not that I'm counting.
  • @vlagrl29 How interesting. I totally believe in this route you are taking, I'm hoping she will help!! I'm so curious if she is right about her hunch. 

@tosh24 Thank you for sharing your story  <3
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    @fishee333 - thru her kinesiology she found I was a bit low on HGH, Estriol, Thyroxine.  That will be confirmed thru blood work.  Next appt we will go over all lab results and talk about supplementation and my supplements I'm taking already.  I asked if DH needed blood taken and she said all that matter from him is the sperm count which we did last year and it was fine.

• @vlagrl29 Wow, sounds like a super interesting appointment! Hopefully you have a good plan going forward once you meet with her again and get your results and supplementation sorted out. I totally hear your on the negativity. I feel like I can't even picture myself with another child, so because I can't picture it, that means it's not going to happen. It is SO HARD to remain positive. I like your idea of writing some positive mantras down.  

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 - i spent an hour of time today on the phone with blue cross to make sure these blood tests are covered.  She's testing me for 20 different things!  She already thinks I'm a bit low on those 3 things.  I gave them all the tests codes and diagnosis codes I had from her.  All but 2 codes are covered at 100%.  This afternoon I'll call quest to see if they have a cash price if things are not covered.  cost is important to me because we are limited on it.  The hardest thing for me personally is letting go yet still having hope.  I've worked so hard on letting go so when she told me I need to reverse that thinking I started crying.  geez I had no idea that was going to hit me up hard.  I'm a huge believer in letting go.  So I had straight up told her this is my last effort and then I'm throwing the towel in lol.
  • vlagrl29 Yay for cost coverage! Hopefully you'll have positive results. 
  • **Username Change!! Just so everyone knows, this is msstephanielynn**

I had to change my username because my password kept resetting for some odd reason. Anyways, apparently the bump puts you in a waiting period before you can contribute, so I finally broke out of the bump jail! So catching up…

@eleighmay Sorry about your SIL. Sounds like a real piece of work. I hope you are feeling a bit better. I completely understand the FB break. Never let anyone tell you that your feelings aren’t valid. We all walk different paths. And I do have more noticeable cramps for O after my D&C as well now that you mentioned it.

@sprkls8506 Ugh, sorry. I’m glad that the afternoon was nicer for you!  And yes, that is true about This is Us.

@vlagrl29 I wouldn’t try to think of it as a label. Glad things went well with the functional medicine doctor. I feel like these things are often overlooked.

@pumpkinpancake I have a really weird obsession with the OPKs – so proud with a positive lol. Hopefully your OB has gotten back to you by now. Do you know what is technically considered a short luteal phase, in days?

@leahcimmichael I’ll take your Dyson ad over the College Investing Plan ads! Great news about the BRCA results! Totally understand the BSC! I’ve been having weird urges to throw up and hunger pains… but since I’ve been benched… apparently I’m the Virgin Mary…

@tosh24 I remember your story about the husband leaking the news. You’re a better friend than I am! 

*Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• @honeybeebub I think the luteal phase is considered short if it’s less than 10 days? I did hear from my ob late last week (she had been away and my message didn’t get forwarded to one of the other obs who was covering for her), and she didn’t seem to think it was anything to be concerned about. *TW (child mentioned) she said because I had no issues getting pregnant with my son before, she didn’t think there’s likely any issue per se, but that my body is probably just still getting back to normal after the loss. *end TW* She said to keep her posted throughout the rest of this cycle, so hopefully I’ll have good news for her in a few weeks! (And hopefully I can figure out these darn OPKs!)