November 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in - 10/16

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY: Are you planning to bring music / a playlist / anything to listen to during labor? If so, what kind of music or content?

Re: FTM Check-in - 10/16

• Options
    1) How far along are you?  33+5

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? last week I had my biweekly check up with my OB. She put me on 8 hour work restrictions to try and see if that reduced my stress and helps my heart rate issues until we get a diagnosis since we still don't know what's going on. Although trying to keep within that is proving just as stressful. She knows I was worried baby was on the lower end of the growth curve (33%) at our scan, but I continue to measure over a week ahead so she thinks he may be bigger than measured 

3) Cravings/symptoms?  the heartburn continues to escalate. My 150mg of Zantac only lasts about 12 hours now. I will have times when I'm almost asleep and wake up because stomach acid just comes shooting up and I almost throw up in my sleep. I will be so glad to see this go. It's miserable 

4) Rants/raves/concerns?  see above

i did get the nursery 90% done this weekend, my hospital bag half packed, all his clothes washed and sorted and the first few freezer meals made so I'm doing better about feeling ready. Our pack n play arrives and we assembled that as well so my to do list looks much better 

6) GTKY: Are you planning to bring music / a playlist / anything to listen to during labor? If so, what kind of music or content?
    I
    honestly hadn't planned on anything. My running playlist is pretty motivational so maybe I will throw that on at some point 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    1) How far along are you?  37+2

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  I'm now on the weekly appointment schedule.  Next one is this Wednesday. I'll get the GBS results then.

3) Cravings/symptoms? Apples, still, and otherwise really drawn to carb-y comfort foods (or as comfort foods as I can have with my food allergies).  Rice.  Honey nut cheerios.  Pot roast.  Lentils.  I feel like I need to up my fruit and veggie intake.

As for symptoms, insomnia has come on strong.  I definitely feel almost constant lower pelvic pressure and hip pressure nowadays, and feel like I've started to really waddle.  I woke up very nauseated this morning an hour before the alarm and it has not really worn away.  My hands and feet are swelling fairly regularly with exercise now.

4) Rants/raves/concerns?  I just want to sleep on my back or right side, in a way where I can feel my husband on his side of the bed again.  Followed by "Holy crap, I'm going to be a mom very soon."  Also, I seriously recommend the body balm by Thistle Farms, if any of your come across it.  I use the Tea Tree scent.  It has been the best by far of keeping the skin on my torso from itching or feeling like it is being stretched beyond capacity.  It is more of a salve than a butter or other balm.  Really, really good.  I also find the scent relaxing, but I have always loved all things mint.

6) GTKY: Are you planning to bring music / a playlist / anything to listen to during labor? If so, what kind of music or content? We were just talking about that! I have a pretty wide variety of music that I enjoy.  I may just stick with pandora play lists so I can change things around if I want to.  Lately I've waffled between 60s California Cool genre (beach boys, etc.), bombastic Russian classical music, mellow-alt (The Decemberists, Daughter, etc.), and sacred choral.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 34+3

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I had an appointment on Friday. It went well, but I was a little miffed that she didn't check baby's position. I asked her to, and she said we didn't need to check it until 36 weeks... which is cool and all, and frankly I think that's true, but they checked it manually at 32 weeks, so why couldn't they check it again at 34 weeks? It only takes a few seconds. This most recent appointment was with a nurse practitioner instead of a nurse midwife, which might be why?

3) Cravings/symptoms? Excruciating pelvic pain with certain movements/positions. Trying to get a chiro appointment.

4) Rants/raves/concerns? I guess I already kind of ranted above. :)

6) GTKY: Are you planning to bring music / a playlist / anything to listen to during labor? If so, what kind of music or content? For music, so far I'm thinking classical (especially Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach's cello suites), and a couple albums by Mice Parade, a band I listened to a lot while studying in grad school. I find both very calming. I also have some relaxation/hypnosis tracks on phone apps that might be helpful. Sometimes music and sounds really bother me though, so there's a chance I'll just stay unplugged. :)
  • Options
    Also, just want to say, I am hungry.  All the time now.  I wasn't before, but lately I really want to eat all the time.  Today alone I've had a pumpkin-blueberry ginger smoothie, a blueberry larabar, 5 apples, lentil soup, rice, Indian-spiced snack mix, some chocolate, and an apple/kale/mango squeeze pack.  And I'm sure I'll be starving again in an hour when I leave the office.
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 I am constantly starving in the middle of the night when my insomnia has me up. If I don't snack then I wake up naseous later on. I am hungry a lot but at the point where I'm full after about 3 bites
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    36+6
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? baby is breech. We have ultrasound today to check positioning and appointment tomorrow with midwife to discuss it .
    3) Cravings/symptoms? 
    My ankles ache at the end of the day and often I wake up with sore hips and shoulders from side sleeping. 
    Other than being tired not too bad
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I'm starting to stress about running out of time to get everything ready and to turn bub. 
    I'm starting to feel like I'm losing control of this experience or  control on how I'll cope with it 
    There's a lot going on all at the same time and doesn't seem to be a point of constant 
    I think I'm most anxious about, no matter what ,in a few weeks there's going to be a little baby here and it still baffles me 
    6) GTKY: Are you planning to bring music / a playlist / anything to listen to during labor? If so, what kind of music or content? yes absolutely we live by music. 
    We have a selection of gentler folk and pagan metal . And kind of new folk music as well as our hypnosis tracks . Anything we have that's enjoyable assn ambiance to listen to and nothing that irritates me.
    We put music on before bed a fair bit and so most of that will be available to put on
  • Options
    36 weeks.

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
    Start weekly appointments Wednesday.

3) Cravings/symptoms?
    No real cravings at the moment. As for symptoms just some pelvic pain, and feeling really uncomfortable at night.

4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Everyone keeps telling me baby can come any time now and it freaks me out a bit. I think it's not knowing what's going to happen and what labour will feel like. I know once I have little girl in my arms everything else won't matter but right now I just feel like there is so much unknown when it come to the whole brith and being a mom. I am hoping everything just comes natural and I always have my DH and our family for support. I think it's just hitting me the last few days that in 4 weeks(maybe less maybe more) I will be a mom and a tiny human will rely on me for everything. This week I am having all the feelings about being a parent.

I not planning on bringing any music.
  • Options
    @kdw89
    Totally feeling the pending mum anxiety. 
    It's quite intimidating 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 36w3d
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Appt tomorrow 10/17/17
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Ice cream
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Nope
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Its beginning to get real!
    6) GTKY: Are you planning to bring music / a playlist / anything to listen to during labor? If so, what kind of music or content? Music R&B
  • Options
    @DungeonTrollMel Ditto on the insomnia hunger! I usually keep granola bars in my nightstand for that purpose, but I didn't have any in there last night and was famished while lying in bed awake at 2am. :-\
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 34 + 4
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? next week. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms? pelvic pain and heartburn.  
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? had to go to L &D  because of bleeding and cramping.  And my bp was high so worried about that.  They sent me home and said they didn't think it was pre term labor but still having cramping.  Had to be at work today but after one more appt I can go home.  
    6) GTKY: Are you planning to bring music / a playlist / anything to listen to during labor? If so, what kind of music or content? I hadnt even really thought about this but if I do probably some classical or mellow music to help keep me calm. 

@kdw89 I am right there with you on the anxiety of the unknown.   No amount of reading/ advice prepares you for this experience I am finding out. Good that you have support.   
  • Options
    Well, GBS results are in.  Tested positive.  My midwife indicated that there is no need to head to the hospital any earlier than I otherwise would (as in, not before active labor), but that on arrival they will hook me up to an IV to distribute the antibiotics.  Once the antibiotics have been administered, they'll unhook me so I can have freedom of movement again.  I was planning to have the IV saline lock put in just in case an emergency c-section were necessary, so it seems like the antibiotic IV will not get too badly in the way.

Ideally, my midwife said the antibiotics will have 4 hrs to work before birth.  If birth happens before then, the baby will stay in the hospital for 48 hrs for observation to ensure s/he is not showing signs of GBS sepsis or other infection.