December 2017 Moms

Naming baby

is anyone struggling to agree on a name for their baby? 

My partner likes the name pixie for our daughter and although although I love the name for a little girl I worry about when she’s an adult

My fella said if we can’t have pixie then I have to find something beginning with the letter ‘e’ like our son

I found that easy as I love the names Evelyn, everlea and Eliza but my fella has said no to all of them

i’ve also said Esme, Elsie, Elsa, Evie, elle, Effie, elfie, Elizabeth that i myself love but am not 100% sure if they’re ‘the one’and he has said no to these too

im fed up of not knowing what to call my bump and he doesn’t seem interested in helping me choose he just says no to everything 

can I hear some of your name choices plz?

Re: Naming baby

• Could you find another P name and use Pixie as a nickname?

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Elodie is one of our top name choices and it's an E name. You have Evie but there's also Evangeline and then you can use Evie or Eve as the nickname. I can't think of any other E names that you didn't list already.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • We're naming our girl Elliana, Ellie for short. I also know someone whose daughter is named Elora, which I think is very pretty.

• My friend's daughter is named Ezra and I think it would transition well from cute kid to professional adult. 
  • Some other E-names I like: Eleanor, Emily, Eve, Evangeline (was said previously, but I love that one), Ellen, Esther, Ember (if you want to keep it non-traditional). 

I also like @cait5413's suggestion to use a P-name and nickname her Pixie. Patricia might work (and then she has the option to use Trish or Pat when she gets older).

Good luck!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Elise, Ekaterina, Aoife (doesn't start with E, but sounds like it), Emery, Erin, Esther, Elena, Elaine, Eleanor... ?

@leilagphillips I love Elliana!

I'm much rather think up E names than answer my emails this morning. :) We're leaning toward Elliott as a middle name for our boy, but I have friends-of-friends who named their girl Eliott. So that could work, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @djd0404 Oooo I love Ember! 
  • Good luck finding a name you love! I love names that start with an E. I'm naming my little girl Elizabeth. 
  • I agree with @alysapuggles. I totally pulled the "I have to carry this kid for 9 months and have to push her out of my vagina so I get the final say" card. DH vetoed a lot of my early suggestions, but he's come around to a few of them now and our list is pretty much all names we've compromised on.
  • @stephydan We have spreadsheets with our favorite names and info about popularity and origin and meanings. Lol. We'll decide what name we'll give our baby once we meet him/her, but we want to be ready! I would be so mad at DH if he was doing what yours is doing. I agree that Pixie isn't a great name for a grown woman (and god forbid she be a tall/wide woman with that name?!) The only E name on our list is Edith/Edie.  I also like the name Evangeline with the nickname Evvie (not Evie).

If I were you I would make a list of your favorite girl names, regardless of the first letter and ask him to look it over. Maybe something surprising with strike his fancy. My DH recently dug up a list of baby names that I had emailed him a while back and was like, "you know, I do like Samantha," so, a favorite of mine, which had been vetoed, is back on the list! 
  • Well I have an Emmalyn and we are naming this one Emerson. There’s also Emersyn (to make it a little more girly). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bb89012bb89012 member
    edited October 2017
    I definitely found it super super hard the second time around to find a name. It came so easily for us with DD1 but neither one of us could think of anything we liked enough this time. Finally a few months ago I came across a unique name I fell in love with instantly and it took my husband some time but he also fell in love with it and were set! It will come to you eventually- you’ll know. I know everyone says that but it’s so true. I do love all of those E names you came up with! And I also do know the feeling of not having a name because I definitely felt so detached from her without a name I felt so bad.
  • We are team green and having a hard time finding a boy name that we like. DS is named Jack, so we would like a J name if it is a boy. So far Jameson is at the top of our list...but I worry that people will think we are naming our children after whiskey   :p I don’t know why it feels so hard this time around! 

• @lindsey30 my sons name is Jameson (his nickname is Jamo) and people will definitely assume that, but so what! Lol and if you happen to like Irish whiskey, it's even better because for some reason when he was born, lots of people gifted us with bottles of Jameson Haha. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @Marley629 I’m not a whiskey fan at all. My husband on the other hand wouldn’t mind that haha. You must have some awesome friends, we never received any Jack when we had DS lol. 
  • We also went looking for an name that started with E. We have chosen to go with Everett for our boy, but had Emerson and Emery as top girl names for E.

But I do agree with what a lot of others have said that you could always go with a P name and use Pixie as a nickname. 
  • @aheqoefamily I am so glad to see you and Emerson for your girl. I’m so tired of the judgements 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am definitely struggling to arrive on baby names, especially if what comes out of me is a boy. DH just said to me 'I am not in a place to discuss baby names right now'. When exactly are you going to be in the mood to say 'no' to everything I suggest? I am seriously considering crowdsourcing names via Facebook if the baby comes and is a boy, because we have one name (Kade) but I don't love it. Our girl names are Merritt and McLaren (go by Clare), which we feel much better about. If anyone has any suggestions I am 100% open to them. 
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• @stephydan I'm pretty open when it comes to names, however I fear Pixie as an adult with be associated with Tinkerbell or a stripper or both.  I agree, use it as a nickname if you want, but I'd be real hesitant about giving as the given name.

I also have a SO who vetoes everything I say and then when I ask why he's like because I don't like it.  Uhm dude that doesn't help me at all! It's super annoying and frustrating. Then when I ask him what he likes he's just like IDK... Grrrr
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Marley629 I didnt even think about potential gifts when naming!! One of our top Boy picks is the name of a winery here... so maybe people will get the hint and bring us bottles of wine!
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kln62689 I love that you're considering Merritt! It's my middle name (same exact spelling), and I've always loved it. I've never known anyone else that has it as a first or middle name, but I think it's growing in popularity with the Emily & Meritt line at Pottery Barn. Good luck deciding on a name!
  • My nieces name is Ember! It's very unique but be prepared for her to be called Amber if you choose that one. My niece deals with that all the time because people act like she's saying it wrong and assume she's really Amber. I also like Evelynn as people suggested!

I agree with @tmk0325 about the name Pixie being associated with tinkerbell or a stripper! I'd definitely use as a nickname if you go that route!

I had the same issue with DH saying no to all my suggested names but not having any ideas himself. I ended up picked like 7 or 8 that I liked and telling him to either pick from my list or find his own or I was just going to narrow it down myself. He ended up liking some of my suggestions once he knew I was seriously stressing about it. He ended up deciding he wants to name our little guy Jaxton.
  • I am totally struggling.  My son is 4 and is adamant about the name choice and it's one I originally planted and liked and still like, I just don't know if it's the one.

We are team green and have a girl name settled.  The boy name is a toss up between: 
    Samuel Robert (DH fav)
    Samuel Kellen (my fav)
    Kellen Samuel (my son's fav)
    and my daughter likes all of them and could care less because she helped name the girl name.  

It's hard!!!  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker