1st Trimester
Options

I'm over the moon, hubby is not

Just got my BFP last Friday. We have been TTC since March. My first prenatal appointment is in 4 weeks (they don't see until 8 weeks, I'm 4 weeks +5 today). Hubby and I agreed that we wouldn't share with anyone until the first ultrasound. All I wanted to do tonight was go to Target and just look at baby stuff because I am so over the moon excited, and he is just being very negative. He can't stop thinking about the possibility of losing this baby, and it's starting to bring me down. Any advice on how to turn his attitudr around???

Re: I'm over the moon, hubby is not

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fiance behaved in a similar way when we got pregnant this time around (*TW* We lost two before this *End TW*). The best advice I can give you is to give him time and space. I bet you he will warm up to the idea, or even talk to you more about it as time goes on and that the pregnancy is more concrete.

In example: My fiance asked me to avoid working on anything baby related until we got the OK from the doctor about the viability. We confirmed viability before the end of the first trimester, but I waited until the second trimester to really start getting excited so that my fiance could come to terms with everything. He was very appreciative that I did so, and now is the one asking me questions every week about baby's current state.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    My husband is quite similar. Very cautious haha I actually got my bfp today and his response was “well let’s wait and see if it’s still true in a few weeks” granted he doesn’t quite get that a positive is a positive :) being cautious doesn’t mean not excited or happy it just means that cautious :) a nice gift would maybe by a book you two can read together about the baby’s development can be really helpful! So excited for you both!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @christineh13186 how have things been with him now?
  • Options
    My husband is quite similar. Very cautious haha I actually got my bfp today and his response was “well let’s wait and see if it’s still true in a few weeks” granted he doesn’t quite get that a positive is a positive :) 
    My husband is the same. I got positive and negative tests one after another in the last 2 days, and this morning I went for a blood test. Leaving there he said: if it's not this month there is always the next month (this after 2 years of failed IVF's). What can I say ? :) I just let him be and hope for the best.
    DOR (FSH 13, AMH 0.48, AFC 6-9)
    IVF #1 -2016 March, antagonist, 5 eggs, 2 fertilized, 3DT - 8 cell and 6 cell no frag, chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 - 2016 June, micro dose lupron, 3 eggs, 1 fertilized, 3DT 6 cell, BFN
    IVF #3 - 2016 November, estrogen priming + antagonist, 9 follicles, 3 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #4 - 2017 March, testosterone priming + micro dose lupron, 2 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #5 - 2017 May, A/ACP protocol, 4 follicles out of 7 seemed to get to required size, ovulated before retrieval, converted into IUI - BFN
    IVF #6 - 2017 July, A/ACP protocol, 3 follicles one stopped growing, LH rising, converted to IUI - BFN
    IVF #7 - 2017 September, antagonist, 5 follicles, 6 eggs,  3 immature, 3 injected, 1 fertilized, stopped growing day 3