Monday: Magnificent or B*tchfest?

Alright, ladies... let's hear it!
Related image

I'm sure you can tell by the image which way I'm leaning.  :D
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday: Magnificent or B*tchfest?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Right? As if my OCD-like tendencies needed something else to fixate on right now. Hah. It's also in our dining room/living room area so everyone who visits us will be able to see it. WHY?! WHY WHY WHY?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited October 2017
    @kyrwyn Omg, reading your post made me so angry for you & DH. These are the times I say family is an "f-word" for a reason. Big WTF to both your mom & aunt, I think I'd be changing the locks & blocking their phone numbers at that point. Hope your week goes better and leads to a more positive, productive weekend at the end of it.

@babybison Your "future grandmothers of america club" comment made me LOL... I totally picture them all getting memberships, going to meetings and scheming ways to drive us completely mental.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    MBF: Soooo tired today. Getting up to go to the bathroom 3+ times a night then having to readjust the Snoogle means I'm flat out exhausted when the alarm goes off. How is everyone else getting through the day on such interrupted sleep? I'm about to fall asleep at my desk.
  • Options
    @kyrwyn I'm so angry for you it hurts my insides. 
  • Options
    @kyrwyn Ugh, that is so frustrating and nonsensical. I'm so sorry you and DH had to deal with that this weekend.
  • Options
    @kyrwyn wow!  I’d be so angry. Who paints a random wall?!? I think I would have lost it. 

MM- my daughter slept until 8:30 this morning and it was glorious!  We also went to a toddler playtime this morning at a local gymnastics place and she loved it! And when we got home, she played independently enough to allow me to do some cleaning and picking up around the house. 

mbf- don’t have one yet, but the day is young. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MBF: I had to bring DD to my doctor visit this morning because DH had client meetingsball morning, my parents arenout of town, and I didn't realize any of this until this past weekend. No big deal because I'm only 32 weeks, right? Well, lucky me, I had to get an internal exam today because I had some spotting and cramping this weekend  (we're all good - cervix is still closed but I am starting to efface! Woohoo!). So not only was DD a holy terror, but now I'm sore from the exam...

MM: I ordered a zit popper/pore cleaning out our for DH and it got here today. I can't wait to use it on him (he has a few huge pores that always get blocked but rarely actually get blackheads so they're nearly impossible to clean out and they are just these nasty dark pores that taunt me with their uncleanliness). I'm so excited lol. Sorry for the TMI all throughout this post  :D
  • Options
    MBF/whine: I hate interviewing people and I have to do a ton of it this week. (I'm interviewing candidates for our analyst's maternity cover- she is going on maternity leave two weeks after I am!) HR doesn't help us with recruiting temps so I've looked at 150+ resumes in the past week and my eyeballs are ready to fall out of their sockets. 

MM: The first interview was surprisingly awesome and I'm hoping my boss agrees so that we can hire this guy and call it a day! 
  • Options
    @balletnerd i would have said it just like that. My mother in law just sent invites out last Wednesday and my baby shower for her is this saturday!!!! I got irritated at all the family drama it started on my side of the family!!!

I actually have a MM for a change. I got a full night of rest without the peeing a million times and being uncomfortable!!! My sister and I are gonna go to babies r us this weekend to shop for stuff so i am excited for that!!!  
  • Options
    @kyrwyn omg I'm so mad for you

@balletnerd - I have kind of the opposite problem. My mom go the invites out for my shower 6 weeks in advance. And she made the RSVP date the day before she needs to give a headcount to the restaurant (Oct 14... So 5 weeks after she got invites out). She then proceeded to freak out and ask me daily about people's RSVP if they didn't rsvp by October 1st.  And like no one RSVPed by the first... Because the invite gave them 2 more weeks! 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    The shower invitation struggle is real. Mine are over now but I sympathize.  For physical snail mail invites, one of my BFFs and her mom did not receive them (even though they live at 2 separate addresses which I confirmed for correctness).  The other shower hostesses used Evite but made a bunch of typos entering addresses.  Not to mention half the guests were of the older persuasion and could not comprehend the concept (including my MIL) and almost caused significant drama.  There was a phone # for RSVP listed on the Evite for the tech-illiterate, but the hostess TYPED THE WRONG ONE and people kept leaving voicemails for a random stranger.
  • Options
    @kyrwyn I just don't understand any of that. Hope your week ends much better than it started.

@balletnerd I would just ask my friend if she sent the invite, remind her how close the date is and ask her if she wants me to do it. 
  • Options
    elcd458elcd458 member
    edited October 2017
    MBF:  I got an EOB from BCBS that my pump was denied.  I'm annoyed considering how "easy" dealing with Aeroflow was supposed to be. My OB office apparently deals with McKesson as a general rule because at my last visit they handed me a McKesson brochure with only Medela pumps on it.  I told them I had already gotten verified by Aeroflow (for my S2) and they said that was fine and they would just sign off on whatever form they got sent.  Guess that didn't happen? So now I get to try and remember to call Aeroflow tomorrow on top of the 1958829 things I need to do but always forget about literally every single day. 

ETA: I already received the pump so it's sort of whatever at this point, but still.
  • Options
    @kyrwyn You are a better person than me to tolerate that insanity. Paint on a wall that didn't need it and didn't match would absolutely make me snap at this point. Basically, my family is all avoiding me because they 'fear my wrath' (per my sister today). 

@balletnerd I also feel a bit of the shower invite pain. My sister and friend are cohosting and the friend is in charge of invites. She isn't doing things like I would (make a spreadsheet, do a mail merge, print on envelopes) which is fine because I know I'm a freak. However, apparently she is addressing the envelopes by hand from my list of names and addresses and maybe got a little rushed. My MIL has texted me about 2 of the family members invitations who were made out to the wrong people. First was DH's uncle by marriage's name with MIL's name instead of her twin's (DH's aunt), second was same aunt and uncle names but mailed to their children. I was a little irked that my friend messed them up but frankly WAY more irked that my MIL continues to notify me of these minor clerical errors. Like, what do you want me to do, berate my friend? You know who is invited, or just ask me, but don't continue to point out errors being made on something I am not supervising. DH even ticked me off bc on the first one he said 'did you send it to friend wrong'? I showed him I didn't (and also maybe growled a little). He then told me to ignore his mother. Sure I can do that but I would much prefer if she would STOP. I just ignored because DH is really the only person I like at all right now that is tolerating me for any reason other than they have to (coworkers).

I guess I see why people think I am breathing fire. Honesty I just want to hibernate for the next few months bc I am even annoying myself. 

I have MBF'd enough here. I probably don't need to add anything new, but I will anyway. Our realtor (sellers agent) is annoying me. I just want DH to deal with her so I don't have to, but he is acting like I should do that in addition to the everything else I am doing. I am trying to do more than 100% of the housework right now to get out of talking to people. Why won't he just handle that on our behalf so I don't have to worry about it? 
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the validation and support.  DH and I are feeling a lot better after our respective work days, a fairly decent weeknight dinner, and a really long after dinner walk. <3  We could even laugh a little (still bitterly) about the wrong-color wrong-wall paint fiasco.  To all of us with crazy MBF moments, I hope tomorrow is a Trophy day! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @elcd458 It's really strange that the approval process didn't work for you. Knowing less than nothing about ins co, I'm guessing it's your doc's fault/mishap. Is your BCBS in a different state where you live? Ours is NY but I live in NJ and I know that was an issue for finding approved place, but Aeroflow should have known. 
  • Options
    @babybison Nope!  Same state for insurance, doctor, residence, and hell-- Aeroflow is even located here.  They aren't charging me anything or saying I owe anything (yet), and I'm glad I went ahead and did it because I would've been pressured into just doing the McKesson Medela thing the doctor handed me, but when I told him I went through ins/Aeroflow already, he was basically like oh cool, we will take care of it.  It showed up on the EOB 3x (3 different codes but the same $ amount for each one) so it may actually be Aeroflow's problem.  They claim to verify your benefits first, but maybe not?  I know that my BCBS plan has coverage for a pump, but it's possible they didn't follow the specific timeline or something.