November 2017 Moms
Options

Birthing App Recommendation

Anyone have any birthing or contraction timing apps they recommend?

Re: Birthing App Recommendation

• Options
    My labor class recommended a contraction app called full term to help time. I also have one called pump log to help with keeping track since I am going to try and EP after about day 5
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    My labor class recommended a contraction app called full term to help time. I also have one called pump log to help with keeping track since I am going to try and EP after about day 5
    Funny hey our class recommended not to concentrate on times exactly or tracking times so much as the fact they increase in intensity and get closer together lasting longer. 
    Instead of clock watching 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @foxairt they recommend timing so you have a better idea when you are in active labor and tonuse the 5-5-1 as when to come to the hospital 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    We are advised to come in when no longer able to comfortably be a home as contractions esculate . Or if waters break 
    But also advised to call and inform them when you are in labor so they know to expect you  and they advise you remotely  you can call and update them if you are unsure and they let you know when to come in
    The midwife doing our class said sometimes clock watching  an bring attention to early labor contractions and you may use up your pain management tricks too early like breath and they are less effective later. That it's better to distract yourself from them rather than focus on them . Once they can be ignored . Note their  length frequency and intensity and call to let them know

Just a different approach 

• Options
    @foxaírt if I waited until it was uncomfortable last time then I would have had my DD on the way to the hospital. My midwife told me I was in labor when I went to my regular checkup. I also test positive for group b and the antibiotics take near 2 hours to infuse two rounds.  
  • Options
    DungeonTrollMel My birth class also recommended the 5-5-1 rule. 

I can't download apps on my crappy phone (no more space left), but I will looking to into some options for DH to download.
  • Options
    @foxaírt if I waited until it was uncomfortable last time then I would have had my DD on the way to the hospital. My midwife told me I was in labor when I went to my regular checkup. I also test positive for group b and the antibiotics take near 2 hours to infuse two rounds.  
    Pretty much the same. I went from walking around and chatting comfortably to doubled over with tears running down my cheeks in the span of a few minutes. 

Also, there's no way to "ignore" early labor. After 40 weeks of waiting for something, the idea that you're not going to pay attention to your contractions is just silly. Yes, you can do other things besides sit on the couch and time contractions (this has been when I've packed my hospital bag and done some last minute cleaning), but thinking you won't notice the contractions and if they're getting closer/longer/more intense is crazy to me. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @foxaírt Yes, one of the books I'm reading right now (Natural Hospital Birth) recommends the same thing. From what I understand, women aiming for an unmedicated birth should try to stay busy/distracted with something else rather than focusing on early contractions so that (like you said) you don't waste your energy before active labor begins.

I've gotten mixed instructions though. My birth class (taught by a nurse at my hospital) taught me the 5-5-1 rule (contractions 5 minutes apart), but then a class I went to last week (taught by a nurse midwife from my practice) said we shouldn't go in until contractions are 3 minutes apart. Kind of annoying to get different instructions, but I'd rather labor at home longer where no one can try to give me interventions, so will aim to make it to 3 minutes apart.
  • Options
    Our hospital also recommends 5-5-1, but I'm not sure how much of that is driven by the distance families are from the hospital.  Whether I'm at work or at home, I'll only be about 10 minutes away.  The app really is more to give my husband something to do and fret over than for me.  :) 

I'm working straight up until I go into labor.  If labor starts overnight/morning while I'm still at home, I'm planning to just work from home for the day as a way of keeping myself busy with something.  If it starts at work, well, I'll just keep working and then waddle the 2 blocks to the hospital when I need to head out.  My husband will meet me there.  (My co-workers have kindly offered to wheel me up the street in an office chair or on one of the dollies, just in case I can't walk.  They get a kick over my plan to just walk myself up there.)