May 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments 10/16

Who has an appointment this week? 
Update us here.

Re: Weekly Appointments 10/16

• Loading the player...
  • Had an appointment this morning. Had a scan for dating - measured exactly and had a great heartbeat. Next week I will get blood work done for genetic screening and will tell us if we are having a boy or girl. I'm a little bummed because I found out today that I won't have anymore ultrasounds until the 20 week scan. Next appointment isn't until November 14. 
  • @thunderberry and @mmb4532 My first scan won’t be until 20 weeks  :'( .  I guess it is normal practice at my OBs clinic.  Last time I had one earlier but I started my pregnancy at a different clinic h fore moving towns and to my current OB.  
  • @mmb4532 omg 18 weeks! I would go insane if they made me wait that long! Paying for a private one sounds very worth it.
    I know right? After I heard that, I sought out private offices. To be honest it's not that expensive, so money well spent in my eyes! 
  • NT scan went well! Had to get my blood drawn twice, but no fainting this time so that's a plus haha. Baby is measuring 3 days ahead at 12w3d and heartbeat looks good. It was so exciting to see this little one. On a side note we got an alert that the alarm at our house was set off while we were getting the US and spent about 20 minutes freaking out. Luckily the police responded and all was well, just a false alarm from the door sensor. Phew! Never a dull moment haha 
  • Had my first OB appointment today. Dr couldn't get a heartbeat in the Doppler, but they couldn't until 14 weeks last pregnancy and I have some extra cushion on my belly anyways so I'm not worried. I'm going back in two weeks to try again. She said everything else looks great! I thought I'd be considered high risk because I gave birth at 35 weeks with my son, but she said we'll just keep an eye on me when I get closer to the end and I should be fine.